Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Leagues One & Two - 2020/2021

Grimsby look like an utter shambles off the pitch, touch of the Karl Oyston's about the current owner/majority shareholder John Fenty. Hope they can get rid of him, sell the club and move on apparently there is a consortium willing to buy him out but he won't budge, fans absolutely loathe him as you can imagine.

5 hours ago, Tuna said:

Grimsby look like an utter shambles off the pitch, touch of the Karl Oyston's about the current owner/majority shareholder John Fenty. Hope they can get rid of him, sell the club and move on apparently there is a consortium willing to buy him out but he won't budge, fans absolutely loathe him as you can imagine.

I thought there was a consortium that were going for Grimsby.

46 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Just heard the deal has gone through, excellent news for Grimsby.

Yep, good to hear. I always like to see Grimsby doing well and hopefully they can move away from a relegation battle.

• Like 1

I think they'll be able to extend the season if the outbreak increases and more games are suspended but why on earth did the League Cup take place this year and even more baffling is why the EFL Trophy was included in the schedule? 

Had they not been played for this season, Leagues One and Two could've played more midweek games earlier, had another six or seven matches already played and more space to fit in postponed games later on.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Some teams have only played 16 or 17 games in League One. 

With FA Cup coming up, that's a lot of games to be crammed in between now and May to complete the season...

Portsmouth had 3 games postponed for Covid.  First match back today and it's postponed for a frozen pitch. 

Lincoln in a good position because some teams are going to be playing 2/3 matches a week at the end of the season.

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Burton getting absolute battered by Oxford, 3-0 down after just 30 minutes

I saw Jimmy Floyd has returned. Not sure if he was in charge for today though.

21 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I saw Jimmy Floyd has returned. Not sure if he was in charge for today though.

Nahh was caretaker manager today, but still, 5-1 loss at home doesn't look good

Can't really see them turning it around this season

Not a massive fan of money club Fleetwood to be honest plus their team are quite thuggy from what I've seen so would rather the gift of Nige go to another club that can benefit from in, I'd love it to be Ipswich but as RowlattsFox says he is probably not willing to go below the Championship.

They haven't been in great recent form and I don't want to comment on that but overall he did a better job there than I expected. Thought it was going to be a disaster.

On 02/01/2021 at 18:17, moore_94 said:

5-1 loss at home doesn't look good

An astute observation! This was Oxford's 4th consecutive win, unbeaten in 7. (I think there biggest win since putting 6 past at Lincoln, which came immediately after Appleton's appointment as manager) After a dreadful start, now 12th - I think they could make the play-offs now. Elliott Moore is now a key player in defence; he has become more dominant and vocal this season