Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Leagues One & Two - 2020/2021

2 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

I wonder if Pearson fancies a stint in League One, do a good job at Sunderland I think.

He could do but they are a really unstable club without a chairman, head of recruitment, academy manager and u18 manager to boot. The new owner hasn’t been confirmed yet. It would be a massive job. The 

Not convinced by Johnson at all, seems to do ok but never get to the level promised. Bristol City seemed to struggle at the same time every season.

League One has a few restless fanbases at the moment. Sunderland, Ipswich, Portsmouth aren't convinced by their managers/ owners despite being in fairly strong positions.

17 minutes ago, Corky said:

Not convinced by Johnson at all, seems to do ok but never get to the level promised. Bristol City seemed to struggle at the same time every season.

League One has a few restless fanbases at the moment. Sunderland, Ipswich, Portsmouth aren't convinced by their managers/ owners despite being in fairly strong positions.

Yeah is suspect your correct but a great opportunity for him nonetheless. 

Bet he wore a nice suit and did a fabulous PowerPoint presentation at interview though that probably got him the gig... 

Colchester United owner and Chairman Robbie Cowling has issued the following statement:

Our club supports the players and their choice to take the knee for a few seconds before every game.

Callum Harriot described the purpose of the gesture perfectly to me explaining that taking the knee dates back to early civil rights movements as a way of silently showing solidarity in support of political inequalities suffered by oppressed communities.

Those that take the knee want to highlight that all lives should be valued and should not be treated inhumanely or inferior to others just because of their race.

It is undeniable that black and other ethnic minority people are still the victims of racism, and the black footballers and staff at Colchester United feel that they are in a position of privilege that has been fought for through the blood and sweat of their ancestors.

A position that in 2020 the average black person is still not afforded.

Those taking the knee, and supporting the taking of the knee, not only shows their willingness to support the drive to eradicate racial oppression but force it to be a talking point even when it’s uncomfortable.

Undeniably, taking the knee is a fundamental catalyst in pushing the conversation and thus the necessary changes forward.

I’m sure the vast majority of Colchester United fans are supportive and want to play their part in showing they back the actions of our players.

Maybe those that booed on Saturday might now understand what this gesture means to our club and will at the very least remain silent during future games whilst the players continue to take the knee before each kick-off.

Alternatively, they should just stay away from our club because anyone that still wants to boo now that I have explained the purpose and importance of the taking of the knee is not welcome at our club.

I will be happy to refund anyone for the remaining value of their season permit if that is the reason they feel they can no longer attend our games.

It would be very disappointing if anyone does decide to boo again. Therefore, going forward I would like to make the actions of those fans who do boo the taking of the knee completely irrelevant.

For every game where the players choose to take the knee, I would like all of our fans to join me in applauding this gesture to ensure our players know we fully support them.

On 05/12/2020 at 17:42, SAFC1 said:

:(:(

I was really excited for you the other day when I saw the Speakman appointment... thought it was a sign of good things to come! 

Then LJ got appointed :( 

Obviously cannot pin the weekend on him, but he was given far too long at Bristol City given what he delivered, and you only have to look at them this season to see what a fresh approach has brought. 

He's got a habit of sticking to his principles no matter what the outcome.

Interesting that you have Bailey Wright who he signed and then didn't play at Bristol City!

I hope it all works out, but just like the supporters poll you posted, he would have been very low down on my list!

39 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I was really excited for you the other day when I saw the Speakman appointment... thought it was a sign of good things to come! 

Then LJ got appointed :( 

Obviously cannot pin the weekend on him, but he was given far too long at Bristol City given what he delivered, and you only have to look at them this season to see what a fresh approach has brought. 

He's got a habit of sticking to his principles no matter what the outcome.

Interesting that you have Bailey Wright who he signed and then didn't play at Bristol City!

I hope it all works out, but just like the supporters poll you posted, he would have been very low down on my list!

Bristol City always seemed to get to the play offs then bottle it.

I wouldn't mind them coming up but Johnson never seemed like it would be him to do it.

He did well at Barnsley and I used to work with a couple of Barnsley fans who absolutely hated him for walking out!

9 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Bristol City always seemed to get to the play offs then bottle it.

I wouldn't mind them coming up but Johnson never seemed like it would be him to do it.

He did well at Barnsley and I used to work with a couple of Barnsley fans who absolutely hated him for walking out!

It's the lack of plan b from what I can tell. Also had his clear favourites and not so favourites. 

I mentioned the Bailey Wright thing above... signing him and not playing.

Jamie Paterson was another one like that, signed him, played a little then loaned him out when they were struggling. He came back off loan and was one of their best players for the remainder of that particular season and starts every game for them now.

21 hours ago, SAFC1 said:

What a win!

One of mates is a Sunderland fan and he has sent me this... Which is apparently leaked from your new managers PowerPoint presentation and his philosophy. If it's true it is the best thing in football I have ever seen! 

IMG-20201213-WA0001.jpg

• Like 1

How long have Portsmouth been down in League One/Two? Seems like forever. I know they beat us 6-1 under Sousa but besides that result i genuinely have no memory of us playing against Portsmouth in the early 2010s.

Just looked it up, they beat us 6-1 on 24 September 2010.