Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Dwight McNeil

1 hour ago, Blue and white said:

From the early links to Benrahma then Brooks, De Paul and Ounas, signing this guy would be deflating.

far more preferable to benrahma who could be anything and is therefore a big risk. also, DM far more able to play wing back role on the left if reqired

the guys from Italy are also a risk.

brooks - he's certainly a good player but i am v happy indeed if we sign mcneil …..

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

I think Perez had already had a medical or was very close to having one and was already in Leicester at the time his transfer was first mentioned by @UpTheLeagueFox on Twitter

wasn't it @Ashley ??

• Like 1

Just now, Ric Flair said:

What's everyone's predicition on transfer fee for this baring in mind what they want for Tarkowski and the length of contract and age? Got to be around £60m, sickening

Not overly convinced its happening; we seem to have track record of discussing terms etc etc and only then going back to try to agree a fee.

Burnley will be after a lot of money.

Like you, I don't really want to think about it.

Maybe Gray + £25mn?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The People's Hero said:

Not overly convinced its happening; we seem to have track record of discussing terms etc etc and only then going back to try to agree a fee.

Maybe Gray + £25mn?

cant see gray at burnley

and if he really is at the training ground then i would have thought we already agreed a fee

1 minute ago, The People's Hero said:

Maybe Gray + £25mn?

If he's at the training ground then there's no way Burnley would sanction that without the fee nearly being sorted?

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

far more preferable to benrahma who could be anything and is therefore a big risk. also, DM far more able to play wing back role on the left if reqired

the guys from Italy are also a risk.

brooks - he's certainly a good player but i am v happy indeed if we sign mcneil …..

wasn't it @Ashley ??

It was. We are very very secretive now. Suppose it isn't a bad thing.

On 12/08/2020 at 14:50, SO1 said:

I've avoided this thread like the plague. Guess I was a bit disappointed that we haven't got Trincao over the line(yet).

Really had my heart set on a speedy, skillful, Portuguese, Left footed, right winger. How sexy is that. Dwight Mcneil from Burnley? Who the hell is that? Just spent some time on You Tube and I can see the point now. Why can't a skillful, English, strong on the ball, physical, left footed, left winger be converted to an left footed attacking player who can play anywhere across the front three? He doesn't have the speed of Trincao, but maybe he adds a dimension our attack badly needs. Physicality. Besides Trincao is not dead yet..............Gerribothmnnnn!

Made sense to me then makes sense to me now. Like Perez I feel like this could be a great signing. But then I have the patience to let this team come together. Enjoy the process.

3 minutes ago, CountrysideFox said:

He didn’t play for 2 minutes in a World Cup winning squad, ergo he’s shite.

I assume this is a dig at me about Thauvin? Hahahaaa. McNeil has 2 goals and 6 assists to his name last season, which is his best output compared to Thauvins 26 goals and 17 assists in his best season at Marseille. Nothing to see here, move on.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

I assume this is a dig at me about Thauvin? Hahahaaa. McNeil has 2 goals and 6 assists to his name last season, which is his best output compared to Thauvins 26 goals and 17 assists in his best season at Marseille. Nothing to see here, move on.

Haha was having a little poke mate - amazed it got a response so quickly! :fishing:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Has Perez been a great signing?

I would say difficult to judge him as player given that he's mostly been played out of position. But given that our real need was for an out and out winger then no he's not been a great signing but not his fault.

14 minutes ago, Merchant_Banker said:

I hope this isn't a reaction to IndyKalia, you may be disappointed.

Indykalia is an idiot. This forum during transfer season is pure entertainment:banana:

2 minutes ago, Lee Monty said:

He’s had certain games where he looks brilliant but then other games he’s gone missing, I guess it’s difficult for him when nobody seems to know his best position 

Yeah that was my point, totally agree, so given what he cost I wouldn't call him anywhere close to a great signing, yet anyway.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

What's everyone's predicition on transfer fee for this baring in mind what they want for Tarkowski and the length of contract and age? Got to be around £60m, sickening

If it’s half that figure I’d be surprised . I’d go for 28 mill . I know Gray is not rated highly on here but he was on the fringe of an England call up, is 24 and the figure  bandied around for a move to Spurs is around £15 million so I can’t see where 60 mill comes from