Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Dwight McNeil

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I honestly don't know what the mental block is with our recruitment team and signing forward players. 

But given Iheanacho and Perez are the "best" we've managed since we found Riyad (Ulloa at a push) and you consider Ghezzal was our replacement to the maestro and Slimani was our great idea to "improve" on Okazaki? 

I don't know why or how we're so bad at signing forwards when we seem to be so good at signing defensive players (Ndidi, Cags, Evans, JJ, Ricardo, how ****ing good are we!?) - it's utterly absurd but the pattern is pretty undeniable really. 

Literally the only attacker we've signed since we won the Premier League that actually belongs a top half club... is our right back lol

Bit harsh on Maddison, that...

49 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

Happy with this.

I'd rather we went for someone who was guaranteed to come into the starting 11 and hit the ground running, but those players generally cost upwards of £50m.

He's very talented and should be a good investment long-term.

Once Barnes finds a bit of composure in front of goal (let's be honest- for all the chances he misses, he makes a hell of a lot of stuff happen) then that's the 2 wide spots sorted for years.

Tell me, which player in our first XI costs or has cost 'upwards of £50m'? If you want an ENGLISH player, sure, you'll have to pay two or three times the amount that a comparatively talented non-Englishman would cost.

1 minute ago, Abrasive fox said:

I'd be really suprised even if they let him go for 32m. Not wishing to create friction but the 'hes been at the training ground rumour' has been said a few times this week. If he had I'm sure someone like dorsett or percy would have got hold of it. Time will tell i guess.

I cant really argue with your point on the price. however, they don't know for sure that tarkowski is going and perhaps they need to raise the money

30 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

It is fair to say demanding 50m+ for Tarkowski and then accepting 32m for McNeil seems illogical given McNeil's contract.

Maybe he has a clause in their allowing a move to a club competing Europe, for a specific figure. 

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

The most excited I can get is that we play him wide right and it transforms his game, I've scoured some clips of where he has popped up on the right and he looks way better. A great assist vs us last season and 2 of his goals are from him cutting in off the right. 

5 goals in 67 appearances for Burnley. Gray has 13 goals in 167 appearances for us. We are literally signing Demarai Gray 2.0 for 32 damn million. 

Here's Sean Dyche praising McNeil for playing 38 games last season. No mention of his goals or assists or chances created. He played 38 games, wow, well ****ing done. 

12 minutes ago, shen said:

Bit harsh on Maddison, that...

Tell me, which player in our first XI costs or has cost 'upwards of £50m'? If you want an ENGLISH player, sure, you'll have to pay two or three times the amount that a comparatively talented non-Englishman would cost.

How many attackers have we signed who were ready-made top 6 standard?

30 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

At 30 mil we cant afford to buy an average player though. Personally dont think he's average, just doesnt suit a possession based team imo, but if you do think he's average im not sure how you can support this transfer.

So you cannot see the difference between a 20 year old who has one PL season under their belt, and those much older without one?