Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Dwight McNeil

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Really don't rate him, don't think he's particularly good at crossing either which is supposed to be his strongest asset. The clips on you tube show some truly abysmal crosses with no looking up before delivering the ball.

Not very skilfull, not very quick and a very poor goalscoring record. Brilliant.

From bring linked to Trincao and Thauvin to signing this guy for 30m. Underwhelming doesn't begin to describe it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AjcW said:

It's okay Geoff, @Ric Flair will come on board with this one once he realises his full name is Dwight Eusabio Constantinos McNeil Junior and he once had trials for AZ Alkmaar. 

Ric is right though tbf. His stats are poor. Worse than Barnes, and we were actively hoping to get someone better than Barnes. On top of that whenever I've watched him he looks very one dimensional.

• Like 2

Just now, ealingfox said:

It is fair to say demanding 50m+ for Tarkowski and then accepting 32m for McNeil seems illogical given McNeil's contract.

True. But if Burnley see Tarkowski as the most important player, and they really can't afford to let both go, then which is the lesser of the two evils?

8 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

It's what I was told weeks ago when the bid was 'accepted'. Who know's if there's add-ons etc, because I don't.

If the bid was 'accepted' weeks ago why has he still not signed?

Makes me think that a bid wasn't accepted and that there's no reason to believe it's £32m/

36 minutes ago, JamesfromlondonLCFC said:

Am I the only one that isn't that fussed about cost? I'm sure people who work at football clubs have a far better understanding of what goes into these deals than us. But most importantly, its not my money so whatever init 🤣

Depends whether you then aren't bothered if it impacts on our ability to sign other players later down the line if we need it. 

• Like 3

Just now, hackneyfox said:

If the bid was 'accepted' weeks ago why has he still not signed?

Makes me think that a bid wasn't accepted and that there's no reason to believe it's £32m/

Could be. All I know is what I'm told! Could be £32m up-front, add-ons etc to be worked out, hence the time, and probably an overall higher fee?

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

When Mahrez signed he was average

When Vardy signed he was average

Use revisionism all you like

Players improve

The kids 20 ffs

Are we signing McNeil for £400k or £1m? 

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

When Mahrez signed he was average

When Vardy signed he was average

Use revisionism all you like

Players improve

The kids 20 ffs

At 30 mil we cant afford to buy an average player though. Personally dont think he's average, just doesnt suit a possession based team imo, but if you do think he's average im not sure how you can support this transfer.

6 minutes ago, Koke said:

From bring linked to Trincao and Thauvin to signing this guy for 30m. Underwhelming doesn't begin to describe it.

4 minutes ago, Koke said:

Ric is right though tbf. His stats are poor. Worse than Barnes, and we were actively hoping to get someone better than Barnes. On top of that whenever I've watched him he looks very one dimensional.

So you've got one player who has had two decent breakthrough seasons in a premier league side that doesn't have an attacking bone in their body.

And you've got two players, one who was beyond dog shit in the premier league and one who... lets be honest... we were never really in for and has no experience whatsoever in this league.

If you're willing to give Thauvin a chance based off his Premier League stats, why not McNeil? To me if McNeil is showing what he is showing in that Burnley side, he could be frightening in our set up!

He's absolutely what we need in my opinion, people seem to forget how good Vardy is in the air.

• Like 2

Guest Markyblue
1 minute ago, Koke said:

Are we signing McNeil for £400k or £1m? 

If it was any of those figures this forum would go into meltdown but spend some money possibly and yea the forum goes into negative meltdown. 

Trincao would def flop here. McNeil knows the league and seems decent for his age, we have players older than him in our academy that have never played a senior game for reference. 

If he has a excellent season or two and gets a cap we can make serious benjamins when Man Utd come for him.

Gerrin im

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Whats he done so far that suggests otherwise? Attributes wise as well aren't particularly impressive, not very quick, not very skillful, suspect first touch, very one footed and his goal scoring record is on a par with Demarai Gray. Screams average to me Geoff.

He had been forced to play under the shackles of Dycheball

• Like 1