Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Dwight McNeil

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

“The winger sits second in terms of forwards with the most tackles made during the 2019/20 campaign, having made 43.“

I think this is a big reason as to why we are looking to sign him, as with when we signed Perez, Rodgers likes a player who will press the defenders

And gets the ball off them too.  If his deliveries are as good as we're being told this could be a very shrewd signing.

33 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

How can you expect to be taken seriously when you say things like that Ric? Honestly to me it looks like you're looking at his Football Manager stats or something. Even with regards to his pace, he's no slower than the likes of Mahrez or peak Albrighton. We have pace overload in Barnes and Gray.

He's got a lovely touch and turn on him and has made plenty of defenders look ****ing stupid  Okay he's not the Rochdale Ronaldinho but he's not some plodder that just gets the ball down and whips it in like you're suggesting.

As a 20 year old we're not buying the finished article, there is plenty of room for him to develop and there has been plenty from him to show that he's a genuinely clever footballer that sticks out like a sore thumb in Burnley's anti-flair system.

Either your standards are too high (unlikely given some of the players you'd rather we sign) or you just have some sort of personal issue with him.

I completely understand that the price is high. I'd sooner it was closer to the rumoured Brooks price of ~20m. However, we are desperate for a winger with something a bit different and I think he fits the bill.

One thing also to note is that one half decent season and he's going to be worth an absolute shed load.

I stand by my opinion, he's not very quick or skilful. He's a left footed Marc Albrighton and I'm sorry I can't get excited about this. I am a purveyor of flair, don't insult me you little herbert.

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Strokes said:

If he delivers less than expected, is that a good thing?

Honestly who gives a shit what anyone thinks. We all have eyes and a brain and can make our own judgements. Can't we? :)

7 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Ah expected assists, formally known as key passes.

I believe there's still a distinction, key passes would be the flat integer number of balls leading to a chance on goal whereas expected assists is worked out by statistical boffinry from looking at the xG from his passes. 

Edit:  I think.  I'm mostly guessing here so don't take my word as gospel.

Edited by Carl the Llama

36 minutes ago, shen said:

Bit harsh on Maddison, that...

I'd consider him a pretty complete central midfielder really and part of, to be honest, one of the best central midfields in the league - I think it's just about our best area. 

I wouldn't consider him an "attacker" in the sense that I mean. He's an occasional, passing 10 when he needs to be but even then I'm talking strikers, wide forwards, wingers. He's by far and away done his best work for the club at "number 8."

I don't think he'd set the world alight here but i also don't think he's shite. He's a good player who definitely would get better here as he's sp young. I would sign him up for 30 million max though with that being said. I like him but i don't love him. If Burnley want more than 30 million range just move on. I'd think he'd fit well here but we shouldn't be caught paying that much for him 

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I stand by my opinion, he's not very quick or skilful. He's a left footed Marc Albrighton and I'm sorry I can't get excited about this. I am a purveyor of flair, don't insult me you little herbert.

He's definitely more of a flair player than Albrighton.  That's a very low bar though.

5 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Does he get points for megging Alderweireld?

26736-B5-B-CDA4-4473-9-C8-E-791-BF28-EAE

That’s a really lovely bit of play. You always here scouts and coaches talk about wanting players who can play football in tight spaces, prime example. 

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He’s not particularly quick but I’ve always thought he’s got good feet and an ability to go past players which is something we lack.

Worth remembering who he’s been playing for and with in this Burnley team. I think he’s flourish here personally. 

49 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

At this stage, just sign ****ing anyone please.

Alright, fuk it will dust off the boots and make vardys story look like nothing. From Leicester to Canada, tearing up the  highschool and local Toronto area scene in the mid to late 90s. Looking at USA Uni scholarships but forced to drop footy to seek an education locally by his parents,  a dream was gone.  Now @ 40, with 2 kids, career in IT and a belly that makes GTF lightweight (ok it's not that bad) he seeks to fulfill his lifelong dream of representing his hometown Leicester "Leichester" City.  

For a cut rate £5k per week (plus a sponsorship deal with grimsby fisheries) i will agree to sign TODAY. I'm sat at morrisons waiting to take my 10 physicals.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Leicester_brfox said:

That’s true but he may be good at crosses but we don’t exactly have tall enough players to get there head on the ball

Crosses don't necessarily mean in the air, can be low as well

Have a look at the goal iheanacho scored away against Aston Villa in the league, left footed cross, low height from Maddison for Nacho to stick in at the front post

• Like 2

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Crosses don't necessarily mean in the air, can be low as well

Have a look at the goal iheanacho scored away against Aston Villa in the league, left footed cross, low height from Maddison for Nacho to stick in at the front post

It was ages ago I watched it, but I am sure his montage video showed that a large proportion of his crosses are actually low ones. 

5 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Maddison's last assist, seems a lifetime ago. This is why we need creativity, and competition for his place to hopefully push him on.

• Like 1

Just now, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Still not seeing anything reported about this in today's media. Are we sure this is on?

It all seems very quiet around us this summer especially - i'm sure stuff is being worked on just that the usual suspects aren't privy to it anymore. This thread blew up becuase someone told Bert he was at the training ground. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Still not seeing anything reported about this in today's media. Are we sure this is on?

This doesn't always necessarily mean a deal is not happening. 

It's been known recently (perhaps due to covid) that we keep our business much more contained these days... 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Is it at all possible that there is someone at the training ground who looks like him?

He was training with Burnley yesterday and I'm told trained there again today. Would explain why people keep getting tipped off - theres a lookalike on the loose.