Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Dwight McNeil

1 minute ago, Tanya said:

@StriderHiryu just wondering what McNeil offers us as opposed to Brooks? 

He costs us more money :whistle:.

On the other hand he's younger so potentially there's more sell-on value too. He has more time to develop.

I think he's a good player, though I could think of about 10 other players who I think would be better. But we don't know who the club have been talking to and what is realistic. Of all of our options perhaps this is the one that is doable and the club / Rodgers  believe in him. On paper he's not going to add goals and assists to the team, but Burnley play totally differently to us, and you can see he does have a lot of good raw ingredients. Seems risky to be allowing him to learn on the job for what is going to be a pricey transfer fee, but that's the sort of club Leicester are these days.

• Like 1

I just don't understand why people aren't excited about this. 

I've saw him play a handful of times and he's generally been very good. Played slot of games last year to a good standard and is only 20 years old. His numbers weren't the best but they will come. What kind of return do you think we would have got from Harvey Barnes 2 years ago? 

My only hesitation is that it feels alot like the Castagne transfer. Undoubtedly a very good player but question Marks on where in our team they will play.... Wull he go on the right? Will he start on the left with Barnes on the right? Will he be brought in as conpetiguin for Barnes on the left? It will be interesting to see....

Personally I'm buzzing about this and really hope it happens. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Really don't rate him, don't think he's particularly good at crossing either which is supposed to be his strongest asset. The clips on you tube show some truly abysmal crosses with no looking up before delivering the ball.

Not very skilfull, not very quick and a very poor goalscoring record. Brilliant.

If he was Italian and played in the Bundesliga 2 you'd be all for thislol

I think he'll do well here, time will tell:scarf:

Left footed, can beat a man, works hard, good age and English (for squad quota purposes, I'm not a racist). There are a lot of positives.

I would be concerned by how one footed he is and the fact he'll have to adapt to playing on he right in an entirely different system, but given that he's only 20 he has plenty of time to learn.

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Also, he never plays wide right for Burnley. It's a peculiar signing and likely another poor fit to strengthen our weaknesses.

No reason why he couldn't though. It's not like Perez who simply doesn't have the attributes to be an effective wide player.

Just now, Leicester_Loyal said:

If he was Italian and played in the Bundesliga 2 you'd be all for thislol

I think he'll do well here, time will tell:scarf:

I rarely recommend wingers/forwards who post the sorts of stats McNeil has. Ounas is the only one who might fall in to that category but he's proven he's mustard already, McNeil has proven very little and NEVER plays wide right which is our biggest weakness.

Muck signing.

• Sad 1

He's a winger, not a technical midfielder who can play wide (which is what Brooks is, basically).  Those two are certainly far from the only options (there are several internationals I'd have preferred) but if one pretends they were, there are articles comparing their relative strengths and weaknesses if you care to search them out.  I'd probably pick Brooks by a nose if it were up to me, but I do think McNeil is a good prospect and a pretty good fit for what we need.  As I've noted, he reminds me a lot of Navas.

Just now, Finnegan said:

Serious if he has any sense. 

This kid is by far the most under whelming wide player we've been linked to. 

He's just Albrighton with faster feet and Burnley will have our pants down over a fee. 

We need either an actual wide forward that's going to score goals or we need a particularly creative, Mahrezesque play maker who's going to help us break teams down. 

What we don't need is a mobile crossing platform to whip in balls to.... nobody. 

At last someone brings a bit more sense to this thread. Dog shit signing this will be, but at least my scouting skills will come under further appreciation after yet another disaster out wide.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1