Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Dwight McNeil

Just now, Ric Flair said:

The most excited I can get is that we play him wide right and it transforms his game, I've scoured some clips of where he has popped up on the right and he looks way better. A great assist vs us last season and 2 of his goals are from him cutting in off the right. 

Let's hope so. But let's also not write him off too soon either, just in case. We might be in for a pleasant surprise.

I think people need to get a grip.

We will be playing games every 4 days, with multiple different formations depending on the games and competition. We should have 2 good quality players for every position. It's logical to sign someone like McNeil as an alternative to Barnes. He's only 20, he's done pretty well in a poor footballing side. Sure he's not AMAZING, he doesn't have a foreign name and the price looks high but in reality that's the going rate for a player like McNeil.

This is a sensible signing for improving squad depth and an actually useful bench for a change.

We will still be looking for an out-and-out right winger. Chill.

• Like 2

I'm suspicious that if Burnley want £50m for a soon to 28 year old centre half with less than 2 years left on his deal, what on earth have we agreed to pay for a 20 year old winger who recently signed a new 5 year deal with them?

This is going to sting.

• Haha 1

I find it interesting that when we are linked to a player who is generally not liked by the fans of his current team, folk on here put a large amount of significance in it. 

HOWEVER... 

When we are linked to a player who's current fans rate highly, it doesn't mean a thing to those exact same people.

It's almost as if people will bend and contort information to fit their opinion rather than use the information to form a more informed opinion. 

1 minute ago, SecretPro said:

I think people need to get a grip.

We will be playing games every 4 days, with multiple different formations depending on the games and competition. We should have 2 good quality players for every position. It's logical to sign someone like McNeil as an alternative to Barnes. He's only 20, he's done pretty well in a poor footballing side. Sure he's not AMAZING, he doesn't have a foreign name and the price looks high but in reality that's the going rate for a player like McNeil.

This is a sensible signing for improving squad depth and an actually useful bench for a change.

I absolutely would not disagree with any of this af all if I had faith we were going to make multiple decent signings. I'll be absolutely stunned if we do. 

Please don't be particularly offended that I don't exactly trust your confidence that we are because of whatever source you allegedly may have. 

• Like 1

Just now, Finnegan said:

I absolutely would not disagree with any of this af all if I had faith we were going to make multiple decent signings. I'll be absolutely stunned if we do. 

Please don't be particularly offended that I don't exactly trust your confidence that we are because of whatever source you allegedly may have. 

I'm not offended - I think if this was the 'be all and end all signing' I'd be a bit deflated to. But I think/hope there is more to come.

• Like 1

Just now, Finnegan said:

He's literally only just recovered and played a handful of games without match fitness!?!?!? 

Easy with those punctuation marks. He played in 9 matches last season, starting six of them, since coming back. 

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

He's literally only just recovered and played a handful of games without match fitness!?!?!? 

Maybe it is felt too much of a risk with that in mind

3 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Very much doubt this. They are not going to keep Perez, Barnes, Albrighton, McNeil, Gray and another happy. Gray could go I'll grant you but they are highly unlikely to be chucking £30m+ at McNeil to rotate with Barnes.

As for the player himself, he is one of the leading left footers in the PL for key passes and general creativity, his output would surely improve in a more attacking style.

Burnley scored 43 last season and he was directly involved in 8 of those - if you extrapolate that to our 67 scored he'd be involved in roughly 12 goals which is more than Perez got.

Just now, jeffschlupp said:

Very much doubt this. They are not going to keep Perez, Barnes, Albrighton, McNeil, Gray and another happy. Gray could go I'll grant you but they are highly unlikely to be chucking £30m+ at McNeil to rotate with Barnes.

As for the player himself, he is one of the leading left footers in the PL for key passes and general creativity, his output would surely improve in a more attacking style.

Burnley scored 43 last season and he was directly involved in 8 of those - if you extrapolate that to our 67 scored he'd be involved in roughly 12 goals which is more than Perez got.

And he's only 20 years old.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The most excited I can get is that we play him wide right and it transforms his game, I've scoured some clips of where he has popped up on the right and he looks way better. A great assist vs us last season and 2 of his goals are from him cutting in off the right. 

Sounds like you're coming round