Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Dwight McNeil

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

:nigel:

People were calling the Olli Watkins deal madness just yesterday. That's the same price we paid for Tielemans, a Belgian international from Monaco with Champions League experience.

I do think McNeil is a good player, but wow that is so much money. You just know Calvin Stengs will go to some team in Europe for half that fee. Bergwijn who is now at Spurs was 25m!

I guess it’s as he has 2 prem seasons in him already and we know he can play in the pl already.

• Like 1

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

:nigel:

People were calling the Olli Watkins deal madness just yesterday. That's the same price we paid for Tielemans, a Belgian international from Monaco with Champions League experience.

I do think McNeil is a good player, but wow that is so much money. You just know Calvin Stengs will go to some team in Europe for half that fee. Bergwijn who is now at Spurs was 25m!

Seems a lot but it's what Villa paid for Watkins, a Championship player with no PL experience. I'd say the price for McNeil is the going rate for a 20 year old native. Just a shame the 'going rate' these days is astronomical.

• Like 4

Just now, honeybradger said:

Rodgers obviously heard all the complaints about possession football under him and puel so he's gone out to get a winger to lump it into the box and he's brought back slimani to get on the end of it.

We'll never play that way with Rodgers in charge, but I bet you that would actually be a good team! McNeil really is a good aerial crosser and Slimani is a good lone man up top when given service. 

Just now, teblin said:

I guess it’s as he has 2 prem seasons in him already and we know he can play in the pl already.

Yeah of course, same with Perez. Listen I hope the guy does well and have nothing against him - he's not determined the transfer fee. But that's more than we paid for Soyuncu, Ricardo, Ndidi, etc. 

• Like 2

Just now, JamesfromlondonLCFC said:

Am I the only one that isn't that fussed about cost? I'm sure people who work at football clubs have a far better understanding of what goes into these deals than us. But most importantly, its not my money so whatever init 🤣

I think most people wouldn't normally be bothered, but what with Covid, King Power struggling at airports and the Premier League saying if they don't get bums on seats VERY quickly they will loose hundreds of millions I guess the financials at club level could be a bit more conerning than usual for a lot of fans interested in that kind of thing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

We'll never play that way with Rodgers in charge, but I bet you that would actually be a good team! McNeil really is a good aerial crosser and Slimani is a good lone man up top when given service. 

Yeah of course, same with Perez. Listen I hope the guy does well and have nothing against him - he's not determined the transfer fee. But that's more than we paid for Soyuncu, Ricardo, Ndidi, etc. 

Tbf if we actually did want to play a more agressive style of football, mcneil slimani perez front 3 would probably be mint, doesnt make sense with us signing maddison, tielemans, pereira though and trying to transition to possesion based under puel and rodgers.

Edited by honeybradger

1 minute ago, SecretPro said:

I think most people wouldn't normally be bothered, but what with Covid, King Power struggling at airports and the Premier League saying if they don't get bums on seats VERY quickly they will loose hundreds of millions I guess the financials at club level could be a bit more conerning than usual for a lot of fans interested in that kind of thing.

Absolutely, but the club wouldn't be spending money if they couldn't afford it. Gotta remember our owners are very successful businessmen, I'm sure they know what they're doing. 

• Like 2

Castagne, Justin, Evans, Soyuncu, McNeil back 5? (For now anyway) 

Leaves us pretty versatile to move to a Justin, Evans, Soyuncu, Castagne back 4 and pushing McNeil further forwards. 

It seems we are looking at versatile players so we can switch up the formations and personnel during the game but also due to the amount of fixtures we have coming up. 

Edited by Ross 'LCFC' Turner
  • Like 2