Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Dwight McNeil

I like him. When he first broke onto the scene at Burnley I thought he was an old school chalk on his boots winger, up and down the touch line just whipping balls in.

But actually over the past year or 2 he has really developed, and now comes inside a lot and also from the right too to really try and influence games.

Has great balance, can go both ways and has great delivery. So his goals and assists stats might not compare to other targets but playing left wing in a regimented defensive 4-4-2 would have something to do with it. 

• Like 3

I think Rodgers wants the flexibility to play a back 5 when he wants to, and McNeil can be a wingback on occasion (which Brooks couldn't).  But the main reason he's coming, if he does, is to play a traditional right winger.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

Why do idiots on here give the ITK’s a hard time on here?! I was an ITK for 9 months or so and got stick when I said we were signing a World Cup star who turned out to be Yuki Abe. 

My source left the club years ago but had he not I’m not sure I’d share on here because of the stick people get. 

It is impossible to be right 100% of the time. Stop bitching at Bert and others and just see what comes of it. 

Rant over lol

Always people with under 100 posts that are having a pop too.

1 minute ago, Ted Maul said:

Happy with this.

I'd rather we went for someone who was guaranteed to come into the starting 11 and hit the ground running, but those players generally cost upwards of £50m.

He's very talented and should be a good investment long-term.

Once Barnes finds a bit of composure in front of goal (let's be honest- for all the chances he misses, he makes a hell of a lot of stuff happen) then that's the 2 wide spots sorted for years.

Yeah I'd agree with both of those points. Both Barnes and McNeil can be further developed and given that Barnes had 8 goals and 6 assists last season and that McNeil is probably the better player, there is potential for them to both get to 20 goal contributions each per season. 

The issue is that it's a long term bet rather than a short term one, and how many years does Jamie Vardy have left? He's probably our best ever attacking player and will we rue not signing more player to compliment him when he was still capable of outscoring every other striker in the country?

1 minute ago, Deeg67 said:

I think Rodgers wants the flexibility to play a back 5 when he wants to, and McNeil can be a wingback on occasion (which Brooks couldn't).  But the main reason he's coming, if he does, is to play a traditional right winger.

But he doesn’t play there?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

The issue is that it's a long term bet rather than a short term one, and how many years does Jamie Vardy have left? He's probably our best ever attacking player and will we rue not signing more player to compliment him when he was still capable of outscoring every other striker in the country?

Preaching to the choir here mate... utterly ridiculous that it's taken us 5 transfer windows to try and replace Mahrez.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

32m is a lot of money, but he's 20 years old, experienced in the EPL and is also English. Combine any of those and you're always looking at at minimum of 20m unless they've got a year left on their deal or they're not wanted by their club anymore.

If he’d played for England already they’d probably be asking for the same figures as they’ve reportedly asked West Ham for Tarkowski.

Edited by stu