Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Dwight McNeil

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Brooks is twice the player for probably half the money. 

I don't have any information to agree or disagree, and I realise you're using hyperbole to make your point, but if the difference is this obvious to you, Ric and a few others, and Brooks is available from a relegated team, what is the reason to get this so wrong, in your estimation?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Pretty obvious McNeil is coming in to compete with Barnes on the Left. We will end up with Brooks or Anus on the right.

I’m heard he has some cheeky friends that come with him. Let’s bring back Hopper and Pearson.

Edited by Aus Fox
  • Haha 1

Hard to get excited about this one, particularly for what I suspect he'll cost. He's looked alright anytime I've seen him but no more than that, fail to see how he makes the side markedly better. From what I've seen Barnes is already a better player than him, more dynamic with more to his game. I get they'll likely play in the same side but I'm just using Barnes as a point for comparison as I hoped, along with a lot of others that any wide player brought in would be an obvious upgrade on what is already at the club.

Sounding like a prophet of doom here but if the guts of £70m is spent on him and Perez in the space of 6 months, neither of which is close to the type of wide player you've been crying out for then it starts to make me feel a bit edgy about recruitment overall. An obvious shift from a working model and good forward planning that was apparent pre-Rodgers.

This is based on nothing and more a hunch but I fear Rodgers is getting the jitters a bit in terms of transfer targets given his poor record in this respect in the past and is going for "safe" options but wildly paying over the odds from them as they are EPL to EPL transfers.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SecretPro said:

Pretty obvious McNeil is coming in to compete with Barnes on the Left. We will end up with Brooks or Anus on the right.

In the highly unlikely even we sign both, I'll withdraw my criticism. 

We've heard this before though. It's literally 2019 all over again. 

"Leicester are about to sign a top class winger, a marquee signing, mark my words!" 

We then sign Ayoze Perez and half the forum is convinced that's not the signing that they meant and there's someone more exciting coming. But no. That's it, Leicester's second great attempt at replacing Mahrez... a utility 10 with a mixed goal scoring record from a relegation fodder team. Whoop. So marquee, much wow. 

• Like 1

Just now, Finnegan said:

"Leicester are about to sign a top class winger, a marquee signing, mark my words!" 

We then sign Ayoze Perez and half the forum is convinced that's not the signing that they meant and there's someone more exciting coming. But no. That's it, Leicester's second great attempt at replacing Mahrez... a utility 10 with a mixed goal scoring record from a relegation fodder team. Whoop. So marquee, much wow. 

I'm pretty sure we will sign a left-footed right winger before the end of the Window.

3 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

He'd be an upgrade on what's already at the club imo though, McNeil isn't imo.

Not yet anyway...we rarely buy the product as it is intended/hoped to be

Edited by Dahnsouff

8 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I don't have any information to agree or disagree, and I realise you're using hyperbole to make your point, but if the difference is this obvious to you, Ric and a few others, and Brooks is available from a relegated team, what is the reason to get this so wrong, in your estimation?

I honestly don't know what the mental block is with our recruitment team and signing forward players. 

But given Iheanacho and Perez are the "best" we've managed since we found Riyad (Ulloa at a push) and you consider Ghezzal was our replacement to the maestro and Slimani was our great idea to "improve" on Okazaki? 

I don't know why or how we're so bad at signing forwards when we seem to be so good at signing defensive players (Ndidi, Cags, Evans, JJ, Ricardo, how ****ing good are we!?) - it's utterly absurd but the pattern is pretty undeniable really. 

Literally the only attacker we've signed since we won the Premier League that actually belongs a top half club... is our right back lol

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The most excited I can get is that we play him wide right and it transforms his game, I've scoured some clips of where he has popped up on the right and he looks way better. A great assist vs us last season and 2 of his goals are from him cutting in off the right. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Serious if he has any sense. 

This kid is by far the most under whelming wide player we've been linked to. 

He's just Albrighton with faster feet and Burnley will have our pants down over a fee. 

We need either an actual wide forward that's going to score goals or we need a particularly creative, Mahrezesque play maker who's going to help us break teams down. 

What we don't need is a mobile crossing platform to whip in balls to.... nobody. 

Brooks is twice the player for probably half the money. 

That Albrighton line that keeps getting repeated on here is so damn lazy.Yeah, they both can cross but anyone who’s ever watched McNeil can see he also has different elements to his game. 

And if you can’t see some of those differences, just look at the size of both players.

No guarantee that McNeil is going to be a slam dunk but Brooks has not been the same player since his injury, and there’s no guarantee Brooks is the answer to our prayers. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, KFS said:

I just hope he’s not the only wide player we bring in. If it’s him and that Algerian lad then fine. He’d be an upgrade on Albrighton but don’t see him setting the world alight personally.

i think mcneil would be better than u think, but i reckon we need ounas as well. bin gray imo

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Not arguing with your overall comparison, but this describes Brooks too...

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, AjcW said:

To be fair.... i bet parts of the new training ground are complete enough to conduct some meetings, and also good to show off. AND no press sniffing around.

Yeah but those frigging newts cannot be trusted to keep their mouths shut after the way we evicted them....