Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

FL (Carabao) Cup 20/21

One of the drawbacks of being in the US is that we get abysmal coverage of both cups.  We typically get the FA Cup final on cable (Fox or Fox Sports 1), but no live coverage of the Carabao Cup.

Apparently ESPN has the US rights to the Carabao Cup, but it is only shown on ESPN+ (streaming subscription).  I haven't found a compelling reason to shell out for ESPN+, unlike paying $5.99/mo for CBS All Access to get the Europa League (to which I do subscribe).

Stoke City trying to poison the opposition with carbon monoxide :o

Jose Mourinho's fears over Stoke City's away dressing room, described as a "pigsty" by some managers, have been eased after the Championship club upgraded their facilities in time for Wednesday's Carabao Cup quarterfinal against Tottenham. The Spurs boss said he had been shown a video of conditions at the Bet365 Stadium which Middlesbrough boss Neil Warnock claimed were "an absolute disgrace" for the visiting team, with water covering the floor and fumes from a nearby engine circulating in the room.

All Premier League and English Football League clubs have had to adapt their stadia to comply with COVID-19 regulations regarding social distancing, meaning many of resorted to temporary structures for travelling teams.

The EFL's protocol guidelines state that "facilities made available to the visiting club should, as far as possible, be equitable to those provided for the home club."

But after Warnock claimed that Stoke's amenities for away teams were "a pigsty -- in fact, pigs would have seen it and run away," the issue was put to Mourinho ahead of Tottenham's visit.

"Yes, I have a video of it," he replied. "A video made from a colleague that works for another team that recently played against them. I was not going to raise the question. You raised that question. But it should not be a question for me. It should be a question for the authorities. All the authorities. Football authority. Safety authorities. But not for me. I am not going to be the bad guy that is going to make comments about Stoke's away dressing room."

https://www.espn.com/soccer/tottenham-hotspur/story/4271548/pigsty-stoke-dressing-room-upgraded-ahead-of-mourinhos-visit-with-spurs-in-carabao-cup