Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

FL (Carabao) Cup 20/21

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

I know everyone wants us to win an fa Cup but I'd play the development squad in both cups this year. Just focus on Europe and trying to maintain as high a league position as we can. 

This season is going to be ludicrously hard and we've got nowhere near the depth of squad to cope. 

Our starting eleven will be great whenever we can field it, perfectly good enough to be top six again and make the knock out rounds of Europe. 

Not worth the extra strain of domestic cups. 

FA cup tbc for me, no Euro fixtures in Jan so maybe can look at the draw and asses it nearer the time.

But league cup defo, the early doors schedule is mad and Liverpool Arsenal in short succession just ain’t worth it.

• Like 2

Arsenal and Liverpool will probably both play weakened teams, so there's an argument to take the competition seriously in the early weeks as we could be quite a ways through it and have already eliminated two potential winners.

That said, I think Arsenal will take the competition seriously themselves so expect the game against them to be hard.

I’ve never been one who advocates against going for it , however this is the first time I would be happy to throw the cup.

We have a smallish squad and Europa league should be the aim this year(as going for the top 7/8). Fa cup if we get a few nice draws could be evaluated nearer the time but after these draws we should use the kids 100% for this.

Arsenal then Liverpool away..even if we do that, what’s to say we will get a better QF?

We will at least have to face 2 of the top 6 in the QF-final to win it anyway, So probably 4-5 of the top 6 to win it!

Man City and Chelsea also will really go for it with huge squads too.

Its just not worth it. Can’t believe I’m saying it but play the reserves and if we get through by some miracle fair enough but if not, absolutely fine with me.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I think the fact it's behind closed doors is what has swung me towards saying sack it off this year. The whole thing is hollow.

It's taken the edge off it. All four televised matches would've been great with a full house at a smaller ground, empty stadiums take the appeal away..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Corky said:

It's taken the edge off it. All four televised matches would've been great with a full house at a smaller ground, empty stadiums take the appeal away..

I don't think it quite as much for the League Cup as we've won it, but I'd have personally been a bit sick if we'd won the FA Cup behind closed doors. The missing puzzle piece and nobody would be there to see it. Hoping we've seen some improvement in crowds by the time it kicks off this year, although becoming less and less convinced. Feel like we're going backwards if anything now.

Rotate and see where it gets us. Not bothered if we lose but want us to win every game we play. 

5th round isn't until just before Christmas when we could be out of Europe. Even if we are still in the knockout rounds they start just before the final of EFL cup.

Not suggesting putting first team out but with them all coming this month it's an opportunity for us to get minutes after a shit pre season and to bed in some new signings. We'll probably lose to Arsenal anyway so it won't matter. 

Different if we were in the Europa qualifiers.