Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

FL (Carabao) Cup 20/21

19 minutes ago, lestuhfox said:

Play our best team every game.

When have we ever been in a position of what competition to go for and there is no guarantee we'll win the one we prioritise anyway.

So, go for the lot. All 4.

17 minutes ago, lestuhfox said:

Our supporters should aim higher.

Do you think Man U fans are saying let's get knocked out?

Bunch of losers most of our fans are.

Will you still think it's best to always play your strongest side near the end of the season when they've all played around 60 games in the shortest season ever? Will you still think it's a good idea if we lose a key player to injury trying to get past Arsenal and Liverpool in the early rounds of the pissing League Cup?

I get it - we should be trying to win every competition we enter, but we've got to be realistic. I think we're much better off giving ourselves the best chance of success in the other three competitions. It's going to be a gruelling season and our squad's not got much depth to it right now.

No-one's saying let's get knocked out. I hope we do beat Arsenal on Wednesday, obviously, but I don't think it's worth risking our best players for the League Cup this season, especially given the draw we got. I think it's a great opportunity for the fringe players and youth to show what they're capable of and to get valuable minutes. It could be a game like this that makes someone like Thomas, KDH or Tavares impossible for the manager to ignore.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

If we beat Arsenal and Liverpool then we probably deserve to get to the final lol 

Liverpool will play a weakened side but I can't imagine Arsenal will.

Come on, mate. You know how it works. 

Beat all sides. Get to quarter finals. 

Play Man City. 

Draw in normal time. 

Knocked out on penalties. 

• Haha 3

31 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Play Man City. 

Draw in normal time. 

So happy we avoided that last season lol But lost to a side we should have beaten in the semi's.

No doubt Man City will win it again this season!

Thinking about a team for this 

ward 

Söyüncü Morgan Fuchs 

albrighton. hamza  mendy.  Thomas

Praet/madders 
                Gray.           Kel       

you woud expect wilf to be the CDM at Man City which means pappy can play again on Wednesday.  if Dennis starts on Sunday then I expect madders can start on Wednesday or Vica versa 

12 hours ago, Fox92 said:

So happy we avoided that last season lol But lost to a side we should have beaten in the semi's.

No doubt Man City will win it again this season!

They might as well pick a team out of the hat to play man city in the final, save all the faffing about for the rest of us. 

I’d play Ward, Amartey, Benk, Morgan, Thomas, Albrighton, KDH, Knight, Hamza, Gray, Ian. With Tav on the bench. We need to concentrate on the league, and then Europa, if we want to maintain our position.

Edited by Foxxed
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Leyton Orient having 10 positive cases is pretty mad. They played on Saturday as well. Are league two players tested as often as the higher leagues? 

No, players at that level (and League One, possibly the Championship too) will only be tested when they show symptoms. The cost is huge and they are receiving next to no income presently.

On 18/09/2020 at 11:10, StanSP said:

Play Man City. 

Draw in normal time. 

Repeat in FA Cup. 
Replace Man City with Chelsea. 

21 minutes ago, Corky said:

No, players at that level (and League One, possibly the Championship too) will only be tested when they show symptoms. The cost is huge and they are receiving next to no income presently.

I was of the understanding spurs paid for these tests. Correct me if I'm wrong tho.

38 minutes ago, Corky said:

Yeah, I thought that. What happens to Mansfield now who they played at the weekend? Makes you wonder how many cases there would be if they tested every week.