Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
howlinmadmurfdoc

Rollercoasters

5 hours ago, Wrighty22 said:

They all made me feel sick but I did them. We also jumped off the side. One way to get rid of a hangover!! 

I did the jump... Only time I've ever thought I was actually going to die. Incredible feeling

The rollercoaster on top of New York New York is fun, not scary but great views of the strip up high

Favourite coaster in the UK is Smiler, it lasts for ages and has so many good bits. Used to love the Missile at American Adventure, shame that place shut (and before anyone mentions it, I'm aware the Missile has been rebadged and stuffed in some shithole third rate theme park in Sunderland or somewhere like that)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

I did the jump... Only time I've ever thought I was actually going to die. Incredible feeling

The rollercoaster on top of New York New York is fun, not scary but great views of the strip up high

Favourite coaster in the UK is Smiler, it lasts for ages and has so many good bits. Used to love the Missile at American Adventure, shame that place shut (and before anyone mentions it, I'm aware the Missile has been rebadged and stuffed in some shithole third rate theme park in Sunderland or somewhere like that)

I really enjoyed the jump.....it is an interesting buzz, the moment  of jumping is effectively like bungy or skydiving, but the ride is a lot more relaxed :)

• Like 1

I really like Test Track at Epcot in Florida. Not the scariest ride but it's a novel idea for a ride and an enjoyable experience. Although I was only 10 at the time so my memory of the experience has probably really distorted over the last 22 years!

Has anyone here been on it recently?

• Like 1

Just now, TiffToff88 said:

I really like Test Track at Epcot in Florida. Not the scariest ride but it's a novel idea for a ride and an enjoyable experience. Although I was only 10 at the time so my memory of the experience has probably really distorted over the last 22 years!

Has anyone here been on it recently?

Yeah we went on it last summer. My boy loved it and genuinely thought we were in the car he’d designed when queuing up lol

I’ve got camcorder footage sat in the front and it’s pretty surprising looking back how quick it goes around corners!

A fun ride but my favourite at Epcot is Soarin. Genuinely felt like I was flying over the Eiffel Tower :D

• Like 1

I was lucky enough to go on the Cyclone at Coney Island, New York last year.

It's iconic to look at but also a brilliant ride. You can't beat the feeling of a wooden rollercoaster, just adds to the fear/excitement all the noises etc.

Edited by lcfc278

They're not really for me anymore but I always liked Shockwave at Drayton Manor where you stand up.

Although Storm Force 10 was such a cool ride as a kid, some major upgrade on your typical log flumes.

Oblivion and Nemesis are the obvious ones at Alton Towers.

I thought all the rides in Orlando were no better than your typical UK park, it's just because it's 'Disney' and you're in Florida so it feels better when you're there in my opinion.

Then there is Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio.  Maybe I’m be the only FTer who grew up with the world’s top coaster park as my “local” theme park.  They’ve got nearly 20 (if you count a couple of kiddie coasters).  Ride each once, and you have covered over 11 miles of track.

Every couple of years, they build another coaster that’s either a brand new design type, or the biggest/tallest of a given type.  Some other park(s) will then follow up with a bigger one.  But I doubt any other park has one of the world’s top coasters in every category.

My old favorite was an all-wooden coaster built on almost 2 million board feet of lumber.  It’s been replaced with a steel-wood hybrid version that is higher, still over a mile long, and rated by many enthusiasts as their favorite ride.

If you would consider going to a rural edge of the American midwest just to ride roller coasters, here’s an article, and a vid with front-seat views (sorry, lame commentary and music).  You cannot have this experience anywhere else.  Non-coaster family members can lay on the beach.

https://www.mlive.com/news/erry-2018/05/9e327ac8d57937/top_10_coasters_at_cedar_point.html

The last one I went on was at Busch Gardens, must have been 6 or 7 years ago. It was claimed it was the longest at 2 miles or something like that. If it had been 3 miles I think I would have spewed up. I can't manage these rides anymore.