Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Nigel Pearson: Here and Now

1 minute ago, An Away Move said:

We can try it again if you like? I happen to think it would be an utter disaster. 

I’m not advocating for him to return, I just didn’t agree with your statement in consideration of the work that Pearson did on his return to the club. 

42 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Whether we like it or not, Sean Dyche took a club who were third favourites to go down from the championship and got them promoted to the premier league. Granted, they went back down, but they bounced straight back up and spent 6 consecutive seasons in the top flight and finished as high as seventh in that time. For a club like Burnley, that is absolutely remarkable. Pearson undoubtedly turned our fortunes around and laid down great foundations here, but he didn't manage a single game in the title-winning season, the champions league campaign or the FA Cup run. We'll never know what we would or wouldn't have achieved if Pearson was our manager post-2015, it's all just speculation. 

We wouldn't of lost to Arsenal and Liverpool during that season, we'd of won the Champions League and alternatively Chilwells goal in the cup final would have stood only to be cancelled out by him blasting it in his own net minutes later.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

This guy could read out his shopping list and some would be like "Yes! I love honey-roasted ham, what a guy!" 

Rodgers reads out his and he'd get "What bellend buys eggs and milk? Absolute disgrace" 

Bet they'd be battery farmed eggs and skimmed milk. What a dick

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Also feel like Pearson and his gang were doing things 100% for the club while kind feel Brendan and his mates are just here temp for the cash and now there's a them and us feeling between the club and themselves ....if they get a better offer up the ladder they are off.

yes you abso ****ing lutely nailed it here

Rodgers wouldn't be in the position for us to make him rich if it wasn't for the work Nige did here.

Edited by Arriba Los Zorros
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, westernpark said:

I’m not advocating for him to return, I just didn’t agree with your statement in consideration of the work that Pearson did on his return to the club. 

I literally didn’t make a statement about the work he did on his return to the club. 

2 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

I literally didn’t make a statement about the work he did on his return to the club. 

No but you suggested that taking managers back is a bad idea and Nigel Pearson is all the evidence you need to know that’s not always valid.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Without them he would put us on an even keel.

Not saying he's right as the manager. I'd get him in as the DoF.

He would clear the decks and would not put up with shite.

No brainer for me.

Yes this would be amazing, Nigel in charge of appointing managers and deciding how much time they get would be absolutely perfect.

There's nothing like a topic on FT that involves big Nige to cheer me up. Next to MoN he has to be my favourite all time City manager. Lifted the gloom won two titles and built our Premier league winning squad and in all honesty wouldve probably won us the prem had he stayed.

Massive respect and would have him and shakie back in a heartbeat.

Edited by wokinghamfox
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

Yes this would be amazing, Nigel in charge of appointing managers and deciding how much time they get would be absolutely perfect.

Not sure weather your being sarcastic. 

But it would not be just his choice.

I do trust him to do what's right for us.

We would not be in this sithe hole if he was on board. Hes sorted out our mess before.

3 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Not sure weather your being sarcastic. 

But it would not be just his choice.

I do trust him to do what's right for us.

We would not be in this sithe hole if he was on board. Hes sorted out our mess before.

I'm not being sarcastic, if it was just his choice it could only be good for the football club.