Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Nigel Pearson: Here and Now

53 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Exactly what the Ostrich thing was all about - players lost a game amongst a relegation battle and kept the pressure off them 

I think that’s very very clear. Rodgers comes across to me as a snake. He’s out for himself full stop, I think.

I always found Pearson a little strange. And I’ve got reliable info that he was a little strange. Never mind ostrich gate etc, but I’ve heard he could be a little bizarre on a day to day basis.

BUT, I have no doubt he defended his players to the hilt. IF they gave him loyalty by the way. If they didn’t, I imagine he’d wreck them.

The trio was the key though. Pearson bad cop, Shakey good cop and Walsh to oversee the process. 
We played some good football under Pearson and some awful stuff too, at times. But I felt the club was far more solid and sorted out when he was around. Now…. I think it’s chaos.

I hope he does ok at Bristol and, despite their slow start to the season, I think he’ll turn it round.

33 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Havent watched it in ages and even better than I remembered. Pity you can barely hear the reporter - what exactly does he say?

I could watch this 1000 times and not get bored. Did we ever work out what the base of the question was? lol 

Edited by KFS

53 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Havent watched it in ages and even better than I remembered. Pity you can barely hear the reporter - what exactly does he say?

This press conference was a big reason why we stayed up that year, the players would've loved it. It never stops being funny either 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

'What criticism is it that the players have received that you don't think is right?'

No way was he going to repeat any criticism of his team.

6 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Fair enough, like I said, just my opinion! Just always warmed to Brendan more than Pearson, tbh. I think I like Rodgers' perspective on football more and the fact he's extremely knowledgeable on the game, whereas Pearson is more of a "man's man" and think that just seems to appeal to certain people.

I don't really understand that last line of thinking? Is there actually any evidence of him being that way. Other than the Celtic "snake" thing that was thrown at him (which was a bit unjust, anyway), I can't think of any instances off of the top of my head. It just seems it's been a bit of a snowball effect within our fanbase by the people that want him sacked for other reasons. 

I'd happily have a beer with Rodgers, tbf. I imagine talking football to him would be really insightful (but then I would probably also say the exact same thing about Pearson, too).

Way he walked out on Watford?

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

I think that’s very very clear. Rodgers comes across to me as a snake. He’s out for himself full stop, I think.

I always found Pearson a little strange. And I’ve got reliable info that he was a little strange. Never mind ostrich gate etc, but I’ve heard he could be a little bizarre on a day to day basis.

BUT, I have no doubt he defended his players to the hilt. IF they gave him loyalty by the way. If they didn’t, I imagine he’d wreck them.

The trio was the key though. Pearson bad cop, Shakey good cop and Walsh to oversee the process. 
We played some good football under Pearson and some awful stuff too, at times. But I felt the club was far more solid and sorted out when he was around. Now…. I think it’s chaos.

I hope he does ok at Bristol and, despite their slow start to the season, I think he’ll turn it round.

What reliable info do you have that he was a little strange? Drop me a pm if you don’t want to publicly reveal your source. 

10 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Exactly what the Ostrich thing was all about - players lost a game amongst a relegation battle and kept the pressure off them 

i said this at the time and got absolutely ripped for it on here..

Love Pearson to pieces. But think people slightly misinterpreting why he’s so different to Rodgers.

He came and in and slagged players off, got rid of the several bad eggs Sven had signed. Then built his team and would defend them to the hill. In the same sort of time period you get no sense this is Rodgers team.

If it was he wouldn’t have let his club captain leave in mystery without the appropriate fanfare he deserved. He’s not built a team, he had 11 good players starting every week being coached by tactics Rodgers.

This squad is vastly superior to Pearson’s team but could never achieve what they did. 

• Like 1