Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Nigel Pearson: Here and Now

Just now, RoboFox said:

Thread deteriorates into a back-and-forth borefest about "who won the league, Pearson or Ranieri" in

Leave it out mate, we’re picking on Rodgers again. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

Even after King Power sacked him off first time for a sexier name, he came back, undid all the awful work Sousa and Sven did and fixed us good and proper.

This is it in a nutshell. So many of us adore the man and keep bringing this up, because this is what we need right now. Get rid of the shit egos and mentality and restart it all again with some proper Brexit players and football. All gone too soft under Brendan.

16 hours ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Rodgers will never get one of these threads when he’s gone 

There'll be plenty of threads about him when he goes and when we aren't doing very well, even Puel gets some nostalgic yearning from some on here!!

5 minutes ago, KFS said:

This is it in a nutshell. So many of us adore the man and keep bringing this up, because this is what we need right now. Get rid of the shit egos and mentality and restart it all again with some proper Brexit players and football. All gone too soft under Brendan.

I'll be honest, I'm not yearning for Wayne Brown and the new gaffer to go around nutting people lol

We certainly need someone in who will encourage sensible use of finances, cut their cloth accordingly and look to get the very best out of what is available. Freezing out Cags, Praet and Soumare is bizarre behaviour.  Incremental improvements is the name of the game. The Rodgers regime was more like roll a dice and hope that the choice pays off, ignore any potential issues if it doesn't.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

There'll be plenty of threads about him when he goes and when we aren't doing very well, even Puel gets some nostalgic yearning from some on here!!

Puel left the club in a better position than when he came in. Job done as far as I'm concerned. The football was painful at times, but we only every improved as a club while he was here.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I'll be honest, I'm not yearning for Wayne Brown and the new gaffer to go around nutting people lol

We certainly need someone in who will encourage sensible use of finances, cut their cloth accordingly and look to get the very best out of what is available. Freezing out Cags, Praet and Soumare is bizarre behaviour.  Incremental improvements is the name of the game. The Rodgers regime was more like roll a dice and hope that the choice pays off, ignore any potential issues if it doesn't.

Yep the Brexit bit was a flair add lol 

We need the next up and coming great manager imo. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, filbertway said:

The way he talks is weird. His obsession with bending the truth is weird. He rarely ever is straight forwards. There's so many accounts from people that confirm he's a weird bloke. He's clearly very well studied and a hard worker. I dno what type of companies you've worked for, but there's always some brown nose that makes your skin crawl in meetings. That is Brendan Rodgers.

I couldn't believe a word that comes out of his mouth because he often shapes anything he says into being pro Rodgers.

You're probably onto something with the age being a factor in a lot of cases. I grew up with O'Neil as my first manager and adored the man. I just can't look past the work that Nigel, Walsh and Shakespeare did. They build the club up, used the finances wisely and put in a structure that we still rely on today. 

I look at Rodgers, he's talked the club down, made out that he's responsible for the club pushing for European places. He took over a very talented squad and still relies on the majority of it. Rodgers will have no legacy and will leave nothing behind that the club will rely on. All he'll do is leave it in a worse position than it was when he joined.

We have an FA Cup and 2 failed attempts at finishing 4th to show for it. I'd rate a lot of managers could have achieved that with the players at their disposal, no other manager, certainly in my lifetime has been close to having that opportunity. Puel was sacked almost as soon as Youri joined, so he never really got a chance to play with a midfielder capable of passing forwards.

You never really had to experience how badly ran Leicester were before Pearson, so I suppose you've only really seen the good that he brought and probably take it for granted. I know I would if that's all I'd ever known. I'd never have Pearson back as I don't really believe in going back and there are plenty of managers who have a similar philosophy and outlook to Nige that are tactically more Astute. 

Nigel has done more for this club than any other manager will probably come close to doing. The Premier League and FA Cup were fantastic occasions and memories, but none would be even close to possible without the groundwork laid down by Sir Nigel. Even after King Power sacked him off first time for a sexier name, he came back, undid all the awful work Sousa and Sven did and fixed us good and proper.

It’s definitely an age thing 

Great post too 

I don’t want to stain this great thread about Pearson but the problem I have, and I think many others have too, is that he is impossible to warm to. Sure he’s been relatively successful, but I genuinely couldn’t care less about him beyond that. Never warmed to him and never will. In fact I’d say I dislike him largely. If you go past the robotic machinery of footballing success, he isn’t a likeable man. Countless examples of why people think this across his entire managerial career. 

Edited by kingkisnorbo
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

I don’t want to stain this great thread about Pearson but the problem I have, and I think many others have too, is that he is impossible to warm to. Sure he’s been relatively successful, but I genuinely couldn’t care less about him beyond that. Never warmed to him and never will. In fact I’d say I dislike him largely. If you go past the robotic machinery of footballing success, he isn’t a likeable man. Countless examples of why people think this across his entire managerial career. 

Have you met him? I can only assume not based on that.

6 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Yeah it was great football, I did say that season was one of my best memories. Can't deny that we've seen better since we've been in the Premier League, though. 

I don’t know it’s not been that good football in the prem years. Rodgers was good when he first came but his football style has been painful to watch for a few years now. Ranieri’s was pretty entertaining but that season was mental on the whole.

• Like 2