Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Nigel Pearson: Here and Now

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

He's right. People make out as if Kante won the league on his own. Mahrez came up with as many brilliant winning moments as Kante did.

He came up with far more brilliant winning moments, both Mahrez and Vardy did. Kante rarely actually had moments that won us games, he was just extremely consistent and was extremely good at protecting the defence, but the defence were also extremely good themselves and also saved us many times once Kante had been breached. We still conceded lots of goals with Kante when we had de Leat and Schlupp as fullbacks early on for example.

Vardy and Mahrez won us far more points than Kante over the season, no doubt in my mind about that though.

Replace Kante with Ndidi and we stand more chance of still winning the league than replacing Vardy or Mahrez with whoever we could realistically replace them with (I don’t think we would win the league with Ndidi, but I’d definitely give us better odds than whoever we could replace Vardy or Mahrez with).

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Col city fan said:

I have to admit, I was Pearson out during the great escape season, because I thought he’d taken us as far as he could and that we were going to get relegated.

How wrong I was….!

I look back generally very fondly on Pearson’s tenure. With his managerial team around him, they were pretty formidable. There was rarely a lack of effort amongst the players and they made some amazing signings. 
I didn’t ever really ‘warm’ to Pearson though. I found him prickly, especially in interviews where he could angry and awkward.

But I respect his managerial style actually. He took zero shite from anyone and clearly realised that the club had brought in some rubbish at vastly inflated prices (eg Matt Mills).

He did a massive amount for this club at a time when his no nonsense approach was absolutely what was needed.

I genuinely hope he replicates it at Bristol.

You were Pearson out during the deeney season as well :ph34r: I'm glad you've seen the light though col

18 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Both of them have seen it all with us as well so I take their opinions on him in the highest regard. Also wasn't Pearson a big factor in persuading Vardy not to jack it all in after his difficult start with us? 

Of all the stories, I've never been convinced about this angle. I know Vardy himself has mentioned it, but part of me thinks it part of the "rags to riches" story narrative and pushed for that reason.

I just keep wondering whether Vardy, who'd come from nothing, would've willingly given up and walked away from a contract worth hundreds of thousands of pounds a year due to one bad season? Maybe I'm being harsh, but I'd want to rinse every penny out of my contract if I could, especially if my "failure" at that level meant it was unlikely I'd ever get back there!

As for the topic, Nigel is the MAN and every rep point on the praise he has been given is more than deserved. Transformed this club from Mandaric's Championship Manager style (and our current owner's original style) to a structured club that the players wanted to play for. Grit, determination and some of the best matchday experiences I ever remember.

Never underestimate the love that there is for him all round. The weird old men who hate him are the type of people you just are glad you'll never turn out like. Grumpy, jealous and actively rooting against their own team, seemingly. In fact I'd say they're barely even Leicester fans if they can't appropriately acknowledge the incredible job this man did twice.

• Like 1

On 06/07/2022 at 14:15, Sharpe's Fox said:

Nigel Pearson set to be fourth manager sacked by Watford this season - CGTN

Watford Nige: The hairs grown out and he's not afraid to show the guns. But that man rocks a gilet better than any man on Gods Earth.

What ?!  That Watford gilet is crap and Nige knew it.

Nige rocked a MULLET better than any man on Gods Earth.

1019963777_NigeMullet.JPG.01ffdc535be4c6ca8056c0237133bb0a.JPG

53 minutes ago, KingsX said:

What ?!  That Watford gilet is crap and Nige knew it.

Nige rocked a MULLET better than any man on Gods Earth.

1019963777_NigeMullet.JPG.01ffdc535be4c6ca8056c0237133bb0a.JPG

Wtf that photo doesn’t do him justice. Looks like a bloody bobble head toy. Can we remove in case he frequents this thread. 

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
37 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

What a hero 💙

We’re way bigger than he is now (a large part thanks to him) but I’d have the bloke and his interviews back in a split second over what we have to currently suffer with 

I love Nige as much as you, but I don't think some of our fans would be able to take what he says considering they get all frustrated with Rodgers comments. For instance Nige referred to "delusions of grandeur" after a home defeat to Barnsley so can you imagine Rodgers saying that after a home defeat against a mid table team? People would be up in arms.

You wouldn't believe Bristol City won last night though would you lol 

• Like 2

On 07/07/2022 at 11:12, Sampson said:

He came up with far more brilliant winning moments, both Mahrez and Vardy did. Kante rarely actually had moments that won us games, he was just extremely consistent and was extremely good at protecting the defence, but the defence were also extremely good themselves and also saved us many times once Kante had been breached. We still conceded lots of goals with Kante when we had de Leat and Schlupp as fullbacks early on for example.

Vardy and Mahrez won us far more points than Kante over the season, no doubt in my mind about that though.

Replace Kante with Ndidi and we stand more chance of still winning the league than replacing Vardy or Mahrez with whoever we could realistically replace them with (I don’t think we would win the league with Ndidi, but I’d definitely give us better odds than whoever we could replace Vardy or Mahrez with).

Agree, Vardy and Mahrez was something else in that season absolute devastation, what a partnership and everyone else just got on with there jobs the back four was solid, Kante was a massive influence in helping break up play he was phenomenal but everyone played there part in the end. 

In regards to Pearson what he built here has finally been undone and we are starting to see the effects.

Edited by whoareyaaa
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Daggers said:

We should have a 75 foot Pearson statue, standing astride the entrance, and all the players would have to walk through his legs to get into the ground.

Depending on the mood of the crowd, his eyes would change colour from sapphire blue to blood red (occasionally shooting laser beams of death into the car park).

I'd be in favour of animatronic arms too, one waving a massive shirt and the other clutching an ostrich by the neck.

If the club would like further details of this or any other of my excellent ideas that I've yet to share, just drop me a PM.

Or his various slogans and a picture of him as the players are in the tunnel area i.e You msut be an ostrich, I never underestimate or overestimate anybody. Really we have to try and find levels of performance for ourselves first. 

Have pictures of him scrapping with players too, the Place player, Matt Mills etc 

It' be much more intimating than anything Bill Shankly did or said. 

24 minutes ago, Daggers said:

We should have a 75 foot Pearson statue, standing astride the entrance, and all the players would have to walk through his legs to get into the ground.

Depending on the mood of the crowd, his eyes would change colour from sapphire blue to blood red (occasionally shooting laser beams of death into the car park).

I'd be in favour of animatronic arms too, one waving a massive shirt and the other clutching an ostrich by the neck.

If the club would like further details of this or any other of my excellent ideas that I've yet to share, just drop me a PM.

75ft? That would mean possibly 2 metre long ice white trainers. You'd need permission off East Midlands air traffic control I'm afraid. 

Although they'd offer awesome illumination to the whole west side of the stadium.

Edited by Collymore
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I love Nige as much as you, but I don't think some of our fans would be able to take what he says considering they get all frustrated with Rodgers comments. For instance Nige referred to "delusions of grandeur" after a home defeat to Barnsley so can you imagine Rodgers saying that after a home defeat against a mid table team? People would be up in arms.

No I know. The wider context in which Sir Nige said this though meant this was correct at the time.

Times have changed and we’re entitled to not feel our manager is belittling us, particularly with what we’ve achieved BEFORE his arrival

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Completely opposite personalities though. Pearson would never churn out a bunch of pointless clichés for starters but he'd say things exactly as he sees them, digging out his own team (and his own performance) if needed. People can't deal with what Rodgers says because he doesn't say anything of substance and when he does, he's just deflecting blame away from himself or painting a situation that makes out he's battling hard against all these things against us.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

My memory of that comment was he was talking about our crappy players not the ambitions of the club

53 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Set up a crowd funder and I'm in.

He was wearing shorts last night.  Those legs. Proper man's legs.

Just glad I managed to smuggle in those binoculars.....

• Haha 3