Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Nigel Pearson: Here and Now

22 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I often wonder if I'm odd for my love of him despite the fact since him we have hit new heights,, but it does appear I'm not the only one.

He (and the people he trusted) dragged us out of our lowest point and set up a structure and foundation at the club that is the only reason we're in the position we are in. We're probably a heavily in debt top half championship team if we'd have hired anyone different to Pearson after Sven and Sousa.

Ranieri ran the Kante express to a ridiculous title win.

Puel while boring and disliked by most continued to serve the long term future of the club with his sensible transfers and moving us from a team that could barely string 3 passes together to a team that could knock the ball about.

Rodgers took that previous work and pushed us onto a new level on the pitch. Unfortunately under his watch I think we're seeing the result of 3 years worth of short term thinking which will set us back a few years. The next manager needs to be in the "builder" model and have the future of the club in mind when acting

• Like 3

I will also remember where I was when I found out Pearson was leaving the 2nd time, which is a good indication how much I thought of him. 

But I also hold Little, O'Neill, Ranieri and Rodgers in high regard for the great things they did for the club.

Like comparing players from different eras is a bad idea, I also think comparing managers of different era is a bad idea.

Edited by coolhandfox

42 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Ranieri ran the Kante express to a ridiculous title win.

As much as I loved Kante, he's fast becoming sadly overrated. More and more people seem to want to make us out like a one man team during our title win with comments like this.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

I will also remember where I was when I found out Pearson was leaving the 2nd time, which is a good indication how much I thought of him. 

Same both times.

First time I was at Grace Road watching County and there was a rumble around the ground when the news became apparent.

Second time I was in a caravan at Haven Weymouth and was absolutely gutted.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

He (and the people he trusted) dragged us out of our lowest point and set up a structure and foundation at the club that is the only reason we're in the position we are in. 

We, as a club wouldn't have achieved what we have or be in the strong position we're in if it wasn't for Pearson. 

I've just watched a couple of interviews with Kasper and Morgan, this is their opinion. Given they've close knowledge of the man, the club and what he did, this cannot be disputed. I have never doubted this. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

We, as a club wouldn't have achieved what we have or be in the strong position we're in if it wasn't for Pearson. 

I've just watched a couple of interviews with Kasper and Morgan, this is their opinion. Given they've close knowledge of the man, the club and what he did, this cannot be disputed. I have never doubted this. 

Both of them have seen it all with us as well so I take their opinions on him in the highest regard. Also wasn't Pearson a big factor in persuading Vardy not to jack it all in after his difficult start with us? 

1 hour ago, Sampson said:

As much as I loved Kante, he's fast becoming sadly overrated. More and more people seem to want to make us out like a one man team during our title win with comments like this.

I genuinely think he was the difference between the title and not, nothing will ever change my mind on that. I'll never see another Leicester player consistently put in 8+ out of 10 performances week in week out ever again.

The back 4 were solid. Vards and Mahrez in deadly form. Albrighton, Drinky and Okazaki contributed with an incredible work ethic. Kante turned losses into draws and draws into wins every week.

Note: this is all opinion and non of it can be proved to factually true or false :D

15 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

I've been looking through the various iterations of Nige through his managerial career.

The Managers: Nigel Pearson: 2008-2010 | Football-Addict

1st Leicester spell Nige: Fresh faced but the baggy tracksuit bottoms and sweatshirt not doing him any favours. Notice the shoes, they're not quite the big, white breeze blocks we all know and love. 2/10

Leicester City reward manager Nigel Pearson with three-year contract |  Leicester City | The Guardian

2nd Leicester spell Nige: A bit more grey but the zip up bomber is bringing out that walking physique a bit more. 5/10

Nigel Pearson heads for the exit door at Derby after argument with owner |  Derby County | The Guardian

Derby County Nige: The first and only iteration with the beard. Don't understand why he got rid he looks badass. The half zip turquoise tracksuit is a decent fit. 8/10.

Nigel Pearson set to be fourth manager sacked by Watford this season - CGTN

Watford Nige: The hairs grown out and he's not afraid to show the guns. But that man rocks a gilet better than any man on Gods Earth. This is the ideal male form. You may not like it but this is what peak performance looks like. 9/10.

Nigel Pearson previews Cherries' trip to Bristol City | Bournemouth Echo

Bristol Nige: The glasses are an improvement and he has ditched the dress code with a new fit every week. But what is going on here? The Pep-esque modelling of the Bristol City merch shop is a downgrade. 7/10.

What's your favorite Nige fit through the years? Let me know.

I think maybe you've gone too far mate lol

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I genuinely think he was the difference between the title and not, nothing will ever change my mind on that. I'll never see another Leicester player consistently put in 8+ out of 10 performances week in week out ever again.

The back 4 were solid. Vards and Mahrez in deadly form. Albrighton, Drinky and Okazaki contributed with an incredible work ethic. Kante turned losses into draws and draws into wins every week.

Note: this is all opinion and non of it can be proved to factually true or false :D

Mahrez and Vardy turned draws into losses and draws into wins, as did Ulloa and Morgan and Drinkwater and Okazaki and Huth and whoever else, even Nathan Dyer in one game. We also conceded goals like a sieve even with Kante in the team before we changed our full backs.

Kante was great, but to suggest he was the difference and basically a one man team is just nonsense.

Saying a player was 8/10 does not mean he won games on his own, it just means he was consistent.

“It’s my opinion” is the first refuge of someone who knows he’s wrong.

It absolutely isn’t opinion and can absolutely be proven false - go through our goals and see how few actually came from the cliche counter-attacks which Kante supposedly started, maybe only 2 or 3 the whole season. He was excellent at protecting the defence, but the defence themselves were also awesome and Kante wasn’t the one winning headers or making blocks, he didn’t telepathically control Morgan or Huth. We absolutely would not have won the league without Vardy and Mahrez and about 8 other players besides, regardless of how Kante played.

As great as Kante was, he’s become overrated, he was light years off being a one man team and being a player who won games on his own.

Edited by Sampson