Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Nigel Pearson: Here and Now

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

I can't be the only one who thinks that Rodgers is a much more likeable personality than Pearson? I love them both, but I found Pearson to be a bit tedious at times with the whole bravado that he'd put on in the media. Sometimes the way he spoke to people was warranted, and fair play to him for that, other times he could come across as arrogant and unnecessarily rude. 

Not in the slightest

I think he did things the way he did to completely deflect the blame and spotlight  from the players. He had their best interests at all times. That’s why the players played for him and it’s why he was the success he was here. 

Also, how can someone who’s so blummin fake and false be so ‘likeable’

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Not in the slightest

I think he did things the way he did to completely deflect the blame and spotlight  from the players. He had their best interests at all times. That’s why the players played for him and it’s why he was the success he was here. 

Also, how can someone who’s so blummin fake and false be so ‘likeable’

Absolutely - The ultimate Players Manager - As long as you weren't a C*ck of course  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

We should have a 75 foot Pearson statue, standing astride the entrance, and all the players would have to walk through his legs to get into the ground.

Depending on the mood of the crowd, his eyes would change colour from sapphire blue to blood red (occasionally shooting laser beams of death into the car park).

I'd be in favour of animatronic arms too, one waving a massive shirt and the other clutching an ostrich by the neck.

If the club would like further details of this or any other of my excellent ideas that I've yet to share, just drop me a PM.

I think I’ve soiled myself.

• Haha 1

I love the bloke. He is still my favourite ever Leicester manager and he was the man that restored pride in this club and I'd love nothing more than to buy him a beer and thank him for everything he's done for us. However, can we please stop clamouring for him to come back? Those days are long gone. He hasn't really been an undisputed success at any club since leaving us. Absolutely none of us would be asking for someone like Sean Dyche to become our new manager if he had just finished in the bottom half of the championship for the past two seasons, and rightly so. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I can't be the only one who thinks that Rodgers is a much more likeable personality than Pearson? I love them both, but I found Pearson to be a bit tedious at times with the whole bravado that he'd put on in the media. Sometimes the way he spoke to people was warranted, and fair play to him for that, other times he could come across as arrogant and unnecessarily rude. 

Rodgers reminds me of that middle aged guy in recruitment who uses his nice car and designer clothes to give all the 18 year old lassies he hires the clap. 

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

I love the bloke. He is still my favourite ever Leicester manager and he was the man that restored pride in this club and I'd love nothing more than to buy him a beer and thank him for everything he's done for us. However, can we please stop clamouring for him to come back? Those days are long gone. He hasn't really been an undisputed success at any club since leaving us. Absolutely none of us would be asking for someone like Sean Dyche to become our new manager if he had just finished in the bottom half of the championship for the past two seasons, and rightly so. 

Let people enjoy things.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Just my personal opinion. 

I'm sure they're both pretty decent people, tbf. I like and respect them both. 

Yeah, I have absolutely no issue with Rodgers, the man himself. He says things that wind me up every now and then but he's a football manager working in a high-pressure environment speaking in the heat of the moment. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

See point your making. But Dyche didn’t build foundations for a club to win the prem, was in champions league and win the fa cup

lets not diminish the man’s achievements by comparing to Dyche

I genuinely believe nige has under achieved in his career. Maybe because of him losing passion for the game, maybe because of his temper but I really believed that he could go on to be the next fergie all those years back. 

He might not be perfect tactically but his balance of motivation, loyalty and sternness is absolutely fantastic. 

I always found that nige said what people were thinking and that just showed how aware of the situations surrounding him he was. If he was a little more tactful, he would have found a fantastic job after us and probably pushed on. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Wrong thread mate:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, eblair said:

See point your making. But Dyche didn’t build foundations for a club to win the prem, was in champions league and win the fa cup

lets not diminish the man’s achievements by comparing to Dyche

Whether we like it or not, Sean Dyche took a club who were third favourites to go down from the championship and got them promoted to the premier league. Granted, they went back down, but they bounced straight back up and spent 6 consecutive seasons in the top flight and finished as high as seventh in that time. For a club like Burnley, that is absolutely remarkable. Pearson undoubtedly turned our fortunes around and laid down great foundations here, but he didn't manage a single game in the title-winning season, the champions league campaign or the FA Cup run. We'll never know what we would or wouldn't have achieved if Pearson was our manager post-2015, it's all just speculation.