Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Nigel Pearson: Here and Now

4 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

wins two promotions, great escape and built the title winning side. sooooo overrated lol 

Couldn't make it up really could ya? 

Oh and you missed out that he fought off wild dogs with a stick lol

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Stadt said:

I think what sets Nige apart is having two spells here. He’d done amazingly well with a deflated, almost broken club in 2008 and immediately had us within touching distance of the PL with a squad nowhere near that level.

He’d instilled a great culture which permeated through all the functions of the club and bully a great squad of players with exactly the right personalities.

When he left for Hull, we totally abandoned what had made us great. After signing expensive dickheads we only looked any good again after Nige returned - we owe so much to him and his staff.

Credit to the owners for realising this and making sure they got him back. They could have easily continued to go for the big name managers like Sven but instead they had the foresight to see that Nige was the perfect fit to lay the foundations 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, DANGEROUS TIGER said:

Never did like Pearson. Very overated. I'm 75 now and seen a good half dozen managers, including Brendan, that I consider better, but everyone to their own, I guess.

I have no idea why you quote your age but as I'm older than you I'll give my fourpenneth.  I'd say Nigel Pearson is probably the most selfless manager I have ever seen at Leicester City. 

I try to compare leaders with those who might have fought in the trenches, Pearson is a man I'd follow, I fear Rogers would be an observer.

Edited by Smudge
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

For me it’s just the fact that, apart from the title winning season, I’ve enjoyed watching Leicester in the last 3 seasons more than ever. It’s been the best we’ve ever been over a length of time like that in my life time. 

Got a lot of love for Pearson though and his time here was pretty much my first memories of Leicester. 

Although the finishing position was more than acceptable given the circumstances did you honestly enjoy last season? I don't know if its my feelings on football in general but last season felt like a slog. Even the great escape season felt more enjoyable for me

Just now, pmcla26 said:

Don’t get me wrong it was frustrating at times and could have been better, but I still enjoyed it with us going far in Europe and there being some decent games in the PL at times, too. 

That's fair enough. I can't put my finger on it but I've just found myself slightly disconnected from the club recently. I'm just not sure what we're trying to be and what our ambitions are. I feel like Vichai laid down some clear ambitions for the club and Pearson was the right man for that particular part of the journey. I also feel like Rodgers was the right man for this particular era for the club and the FA cup win in particular should never be forgotten but I can help but feel the best times are behind him for us. Hope to be proven wrong of course

Must be said, these "arguments” over Pearson are bland as a toast sandwich compared to what I saw when I first checked this place out in 2015.

Time heals and all that ...

3 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Must be said, these "arguments” over Pearson are bland as a toast sandwich compared to what I saw when I first checked this place out in 2015.

Time heals and all that ...

He's got no plan B! 

His haircut is shit! 

Those ****ing white trainers! 

Better? 

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

He's got no plan B! 

His haircut is shit! 

Those ****ing white trainers! 

Better? 

You're getting there  :D  No use going any further IMO

5 hours ago, Houdini Logic said:

Actually, I believe the opposite.

As a fan, Pearson really frustrated me because he didn't give anything away - he was massively defensive when questioned and I found him frustrating. However, I recognised that with Pearson it wasn't about the fans or the radio or the media - all he cared about was assembling, mobilising and protecting a group of players who would fight for each other. With Pearson you just got the sense he lived and died by his beliefs, whether you agreed with them or not, and over time this was evident to see on the pitch. 

As a fan I actually find Rogers more accessible - he gives interviews and they're often quite insightful. But I just can't help but get the feeling that Roger's is only half hearted, he's a career man and when he needs to protect his own skin he'll throw his own player(s) under a bus. There's not a chance in hell Pearson would do that. So the love for Pearson isn't to do with personality - it's to do with values and principles IMO.

Thanks 👍🏼

5 hours ago, Smudge said:

I have no idea why you quote your age but as I'm older than you I'll give my fourpenneth.  I'd say Nigel Pearson is probably the most selfless manager I have ever seen at Leicester City. 

I try to compare leaders with those who might have fought in the trenches, Pearson is a man I'd follow, I fear Rogers would be an observer.

He’d stab you in the back 🤣

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Houdini Logic said:

Actually, I believe the opposite.

As a fan, Pearson really frustrated me because he didn't give anything away - he was massively defensive when questioned and I found him frustrating. However, I recognised that with Pearson it wasn't about the fans or the radio or the media - all he cared about was assembling, mobilising and protecting a group of players who would fight for each other. With Pearson you just got the sense he lived and died by his beliefs, whether you agreed with them or not, and over time this was evident to see on the pitch. 

As a fan I actually find Rogers more accessible - he gives interviews and they're often quite insightful. But I just can't help but get the feeling that Roger's is only half hearted, he's a career man and when he needs to protect his own skin he'll throw his own player(s) under a bus. There's not a chance in hell Pearson would do that. So the love for Pearson isn't to do with personality - it's to do with values and principles IMO.

Nah Brendan's interviews are bland and predictable. Always tells us the same thing and yes, like you say, he is happy to publicly slay someone to protect himself. I don't like that! 

Nige on the other hand! The guy had a voice that radiates passion and commitment. His commitment to his beliefs instantly gets respect. Could listen to him all day. Many players refer to him as a father like figure and if you assemble a family, then you protect them in any way you can, Pearson did that by putting himself in the light instead the lads, huge respect to him for that! 

Nige built this club back up and made us what we are today. I still firmly stand by the belief that our special season would still have happened with him at the helm.

Currently doing a great rebuild job at Bristol and not changed a bit!

• Like 4

7 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

For me it’s just the fact that, apart from the title winning season, I’ve enjoyed watching Leicester in the last 3 seasons more than ever. It’s been the best we’ve ever been over a length of time like that in my life time. 

Got a lot of love for Pearson though and his time here was pretty much my first memories of Leicester. 

I think last season was as dull as ditchwater as a supporter, most games were mostly a frustrating bore fest.

• Like 1

I can't actually tell you how much I love Nige. 

I know I posted before, in depth, in this thread but what he did for us was incredible. Thankfully he gets that recognition now from non City fans I've met

• Like 2