Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Nigel Pearson: Here and Now

3 hours ago, mad biker said:

Couldn`t stand the site, or sound of the bloke, a total head case !

I really believe this is the very first documented moment where the phrase “Don’t be jel, be ream” is actually a) applicable, b) valid, and c) vaguely understandable. 

9 hours ago, Daggers said:

I really believe this is the very first documented moment where the phrase “Don’t be jel, be ream” is actually a) applicable, b) valid, and c) vaguely understandable. 

Really ?? it`s none of  a,b or c, why ON EARTH would it be :-)

13 hours ago, Mark_w said:

Yes this would be amazing, Nigel in charge of appointing managers and deciding how much time they get would be absolutely perfect.

Like Rudkin he would not get the final say on a decision like that.

Top still runs the club.

Nigel Pearson is the only person on this planet I would describe as my role model and idol. And am really disappointed to have not met him so far in my life.

I hope he sees this thread somehow and realises how much he is appreciated at Leicester.

Edited by Arriba Los Zorros

14 hours ago, abdul_fox said:

One thing about Pearson was that his squad building skills were incredible. He had an amazing sense knowing exactly what the team needed to evolve and progress. A quick example of our business under him in the championship:

summer 2012 - bought in a host of young, hungry players with a point to prove - de laet, james, vardy. knocky etc

summer 2013 - bought in experienced veterans to inject a bit of know-how and experience to a young team after falling away the year before  - wasyl, hammond, phillips, gtf  

he still isn't given enough credit imo for our first season back in the prem when we finished 14th. 

Starting Vardy and Drinkwater on the opening day in 2013 and building the team around them took massive courage and not something many would have done.

Winning the league with over 100 points is something that’s deserves much more credit too.

14 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

But he did set us up to win the league and in turn participate in the Champions League, granted he may not have won it if he was here but we will never know like you says speculation, but he did have a big hand in making that possible.

He also had a big hand in relegating us to the 3rd tier in the 1st place :ph34r:

7 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I don't really understand that last line of thinking? Is there actually any evidence of him being that way. Other than the Celtic "snake" thing that was thrown at him (which was a bit unjust, anyway), I can't think of any instances off of the top of my head. It just seems it's been a bit of a snowball effect within our fanbase by the people that want him sacked for other reasons. 

I'd happily have a beer with Rodgers, tbf. I imagine talking football to him would be really insightful (but then I would probably also say the exact same thing about Pearson, too).

At Celtic he told a huge anecdote about Danny McGrain, all time legend of Celtic and when asked about McGrain said the conversation never took place. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3