Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

On The TV 20/21

Have BT and Sky via some half arsed deal, but feck me, no more money you shameful pocket lining cocknobblers.

Alternatively, I will pay you 15 quid for a few games if you commit to providing 10 quid of it to grass roots football - we got a deal?

willy pullers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ALC Fox said:

They do things like this because they know we'll pay for it.

The best way to tell them we don't want it is not to watch it. Find a stream, listen to the radio, or go old skool and wait for the Match of the Day highlights.

I don’t think people will pay, it’s too regular. Folk pay for boxing a few times a year cus it’s pretty much a one off fight, but we play every week. I’m not gonna pay that much to see us per match on tv. I’d pay a £5 to get good coverage and avoid the issues with illegal streams, but that’s my limit. I pay for sky, I pay for prime, and I’ve a log on for BT off a mate, so I’m covered, but In comparison to sky box office these subscriptions are cheap. 

6 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Have BT and Sky via some half arsed deal, but feck me, no more money you shameful pocket lining cocknobblers.

Alternatively, I will pay you 15 quid for a few games if you commit to providing 10 quid of it to grass roots football - we got a deal?

willy pullers.

Did they set the pricing or did the premier league?

Shame on whoever did, but let's not castigate the networks until we know who set the price. BT and Sky may not have had a say in it.

Edited by Captain...

Just now, Captain... said:

Shame on whoever did, but let's not castigate the networks who may not have had a say in it.

I got the impression this is a Premier League thing rather than the broadcasters. Testing the price point for PremFlix I imagine.

15 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

willy pullers.

Missed the second point, tenner is a little optimistic.

If we knew what the 15 quid went to that would make a difference, eg fiver to the broadcaster to cover costs, fiver to the club, as much as the players have obscene lavish lifestyles the clubs still need revenue to meet their contractual obligations and a fiver to grass roots.

That seems a bit more palatable.

Edited by Captain...

Are they being serious with this or is it just a test the water kinda thing? Either way it is truly shameful. Also I can’t believe the clubs who voted for this. Surely they knew that the votes would inevitably be made public and they would then be lambasted? Credit to us for voting with common sense and empathy. ****ing scandalous news.

As for that troll saying it’s all business etc well what a ****ing weapon he is. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Captain... said:

Missed the second point, tenner is a little optimistic.

If we knew what the 15 quid went to that would make a difference, eg fiver to the broadcaster to cover costs, fiver to the club, as much as the players have obscene lavish lifestyles the clubs still need revenue to meet their contractual obligations and a fiver to grass roots.

That seems a bit more palatable.

The lower leagues are expecting a hand out, not sure how much they'll get, so money earned here will go towards that.

14 minutes ago, Captain... said:

Anyone know if pubs can show the ppv games and what price they pay?

Probably a moot point seeing as they'll all be closed soon, just curious.

I'm simply musing but I am under the thinking pubs buy Box Office packages so they can show the Boxing e.t.c, I was told a while back Sky packages for pubs are extortionate (We're talking thousands). Hopefully pubs can show the PPV games within their packages but as you say no doubt they'll be closed soon.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Webbo said:

The lower leagues are expecting a hand out, not sure how much they'll get, so money earned here will go towards that.

Not if adoption is staggeringly low, which is what I would expect at that price point.

edit - further to this, I have already asked the EPL what percentage of the £15 price point will go towards the lower leagues/grass roots football

Edited by Dahnsouff

£15 a game is ridiculous.

A fairer price structure would be £20 a month for all of any given club’s domestic games, £7 any additional game with a ‘bonus’ Saturday 12.30pm game each GW for free, or £35-40 a month for unlimited access to all domestic games. Then have add ons for CL/UEL, La Liga, etc.

The existing model of >£80 a month or £0, for loads of crap you don’t want or nothing at all respectively, is bonkers.

I’d bet most of us would pay £20 a month for all Leicester games on tele even with an actual ST.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Not if adoption is staggeringly low, which is what I would expect at that price point.

edit - further to this, I have already asked the EPL what percentage of the £15 price point will go towards the lower leagues/grass roots football

If they earn £100 or £100k it'll help to pay the cost of the hand out.

Just now, Webbo said:

If they earn £100 or £100k it'll help to pay the cost of the hand out.

Yes and no for me.

If I stole your car but gave the cars mats to charity would that be ok?
It’s not always about the good but the degree of the bad associated with it too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fox in the sox said:

So how are the next round of choices going to work? Surely they will choose all the 'unfashionable' teams for the TV picks leaving the 'attractive' matches to then be PPV games...or will all clubs get an equal number of matches?

Oh yes, the scousers will go mental when they are on PPTV. lol

5 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Yes and no for me.

If I stole your car but gave the cars mats to charity would that be ok?
It’s not always about the good but the degree of the bad associated with it too.

What are they stealing? These games weren't meant to be on TV. You knew when you took out your Sky?BT subscription that it only covered a percentage of the games. They've not taken anything from you, they've given you extra games for free until now. All they're doing is giving you the opportunity to buy extra games, it's not compulsory.

Most of us will be watching a pirate stream anyway.

2 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

At least it’s not only the fans struggling to see anything positive in this 

profits will go to the clubs 

That last tweet is the most haunting thing of it all. All profits go to the Prem clubs, the same clubs spending £1billion on transfers and still laying off staff and mascots. The same clubs who say they "miss" fans. Pathetic right to the core. The Prem clubs could've done something to give STH/Members or other fans the option of watching games on TV for free.

• Like 2

There used to be a way to get the American version of Sky go, Xfinity I think it's called?

Basically, you email a guy, tell him what you want to watch and he'll send you a login for the cost of a $20 Amazon gift card.

It's guaranteed to last 3 months, but my last one, from 2017 lasted over a year.

You need to use a VPN, but it's pretty simple.

Let me know if anyone is interested and I'll try to find him again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain... said:

Shame on whoever did, but let's not castigate the networks until we know who set the price. BT and Sky may not have had a say in it.

PL. Broadcasters not making a penny supposedly after covering costs 

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-said-been-odds-4593956

By reading the article I learned 2 things:

1. The Leicester Mercury have a Nottingham Forest correspondent (!) 

2. For some reason, the Mercury's Forest correspondent is writing articles about the Premier League broadcast situation

Strange times! 

Edited by Fitbaphile