Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

On The TV 20/21

9 minutes ago, Fitbaphile said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-said-been-odds-4593956

By reading the article I learned 2 things:

1. The Leicester Mercury have a Nottingham Forest correspondent (!) 

2. For some reason, the Mercury's Forest correspondent is writing articles about the Premier League broadcast situation

Strange times! 

Reckon you should also have read that it was quoting John Percy and that ManU were also against it but voted for it in the end.

Merc is crap I agree - just first in this case

Edited by Frank Large's Black Book

I wonder why we voted against it? Do you reckon they felt the backlash from the £70 ticket decision and thought it would be good PR?

Let's be honest, all clubs want as much money as they can get and I doubt we're any different normally.

22 minutes ago, Corky said:

I wonder why we voted against it? Do you reckon they felt the backlash from the £70 ticket decision and thought it would be good PR?

Let's be honest, all clubs want as much money as they can get and I doubt we're any different normally.

If you know it's going to go through regardless, you may as well vote against and play the hero..... Even if it is what you want. 

(Not saying this is the case, purely hypothetical)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

What are they stealing? These games weren't meant to be on TV. You knew when you took out your Sky?BT subscription that it only covered a percentage of the games. They've not taken anything from you, they've given you extra games for free until now. All they're doing is giving you the opportunity to buy extra games, it's not compulsory.

Most of us will be watching a pirate stream anyway.

You are of course correct, it is down to the individual if they chose to buy a given game. However, this to me is a test case, an attempt to set a price point for when PremFlix inevitably appears. So it’s less about a set of previously unavailable games and a whole lot more about the direction of travel.

3 hours ago, psychonaut said:

£15 a game 😂 fvckin disgusting in any climate but especially in this one.

The sooner modern football dies the better. The absolute state of it. They're doing a really great job of encouraging all those fans not to pick up a really easily accessible free high definition stream aren't they..

Cancel sky cancel bt and never pay these soulless corps that have destroyed the beautiful game a penny.

PREACH

If the profit goes to clubs, and we were against it, then the club could decide to subsidise our fans some how.  Especially season ticket holders. 

They could offer £10 off vouchers for all season ticket holders.  Our games only.  Effectively making our cost £5 per match, which people think is fair. 

Or go all the way and make it free to our season ticket holders for our games.  I'm sure they could come up with something if they feel that strongly.

Hopefully they do.  

I am sorry but paying a ludicrous monthly price to then have to pay an extra £15 for the privilege of watching your team play...nah..

It's not for everyone but IPTV allows you to watch every single Leicester match - Home & Away - No Silly subscriptions just to watch Liverpool and Man Utd every week!

Edited by adejo92

just perhaps the club are looking at the big picture which is that the bigger clubs have the largest fanbase and if games are PPV, then it’s only a matter of time before these clubs demand that the monies paid by their fans goes to them.  At the moment, Man U and spurs are being hit proportionately larger than we are with no fans in the ground. PPV will bring that skewed income stream back for the larger clubs ...whilst it looks like good PR by us, it could just be old fashioned business sense .....

Wow, £15 to watch a game on TV.   

I actually understand the need to generate revenue having lost the spectators but 100% should have set it at a £5 and would have quadrupled there sales.  Ironically not sure this makes the most commercial sense for the Premier league either. 

Time will tell 

2 hours ago, Fitbaphile said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-said-been-odds-4593956

By reading the article I learned 2 things:

1. The Leicester Mercury have a Nottingham Forest correspondent (!) 

2. For some reason, the Mercury's Forest correspondent is writing articles about the Premier League broadcast situation

Strange times! 

The Merc is 'written' and produced in Nottingham now I think (Leicester merc offices closed long ago). All these regional rags are basically run and operated by the same organisation (there is some relationship with the Daily Fail here). All their websites are the same format/template and riddled with popups, ads and bullshit. Sack the lot off - it's now just printed spam.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jesus said:

The Merc is 'written' and produced in Nottingham now I think (Leicester merc offices closed long ago). All these regional rags are basically run and operated by the same organisation (there is some relationship with the Daily Fail here). All their websites are the same format/template and riddled with popups, ads and bullshit. Sack the lot off - it's now just printed spam.

:revenge:

• Like 1

Who gives a ****. 

Whinging does no good, don’t pay your subscription and we win, get IPTV. 
I hope UFS are going to make a public announcement backing the club here seeing as they’re always so quick to release one when the club do something they don’t like. 
Edit to say the above is reference to LCFC being the only club to oppose the ppv. 

Edited by Ginger_Filbert
  • Like 2