Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxinsocks

Joining up dots

59 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

KPI own 100% of the club - they bought 80% in Aug 2010 and the rest the following May. If you scroll right down to the bottom of the website and click Company Details you can see the breakdown of 'shares' between the five members of the Srivaddhanaprabha family.

KPI's duty free business has little to no bearing on us because the club remains self-sufficient (except the training ground investment which is a loan). The club does not need nor are seeking external investment at the moment.

Removing the sponsorship for a season is to get them in with the Thai government, again. It's the sort of tactic that got Vichai into the position he did. And the branding is just about alternative revenue streams - KPI possibly can't commit as much to sponsorship as others can so it makes perfect sense. The sponsorship has no bearing on whether KPI will own the club or not.

King Power just got their franchise extended as "support for the impact of covid19"

AS we have seen, the club could borrow against future earnings or staged transfer payments and could loan money back

Edited by foxinsocks

Apart from chelsea there hasn't been a lot of deals done really and bare in mind the window shuts in October. Just because we haven’t signed anyone doesn’t mean the club ain’t working on it. People just calm the F down and let them get on with it. No more were doomed/big issues going on/ I’m ITK threads.   

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dobbylcfc said:

Apart from chelsea there hasn't been a lot of deals done really and bare in mind the window shuts in October. Just because we haven’t signed anyone doesn’t mean the club ain’t working on it. People just calm the F down and let them get on with it. No more were doomed/big issues going on/ I’m ITK threads.   

Totally agree. I'm still yet to see a convincing reason to suggest that this summer will turn out any different to the last few years. One big sale and a few incomings. 

3 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Re: Dave Rennie. Training Ground Guru says the following:

https://trainingground.guru/articles/head-physio-rennie-leaving-leicester-after-two-decades

Head Physio Rennie leaving Leicester after two decades

Rennie joined Leicester in 1999 and was promoted to Head Physio a year later

Written by Simon Austin — August 26, 2020

LEICESTER CITY Head Physio Dave Rennie has been sacked by the club after more than 20 years in post.

Rennie has been a fixture with the Foxes since 1999 and has worked with more than 20 managers in three different divisions.

When current boss Brendan Rodgers was on the verge of joining the club in February 2019, it was Rennie who gave him a tour of their King Power Stadium.

He was also a prominent member of the backroom staff when the Foxes won the Premier League title in 2015/16.

However, Rodgers and his long-standing Head of Performance Glen Driscoll are now embarking on a revamp of the club’s medical department and Rennie has been a casualty. His replacement has not yet been announced.

Driscoll has worked with Rodgers since the early 2000s, when the duo were with Reading's Academy. When he arrived at Leicester, Driscoll said: “I’ve been very fortunate to have worked with great departments at very big clubs, but the level of Dave Rennie and (Head of Fitness) Matt Reeves and the team is very high.”

If this was just Rodgers getting his sidekick into the job, and nothing to do with Rennie's job performance, the senior players might not take it very well.. 

• Like 2

I never really understand why people get so shocked by things like this in football. People who have been places far too long are often moved on in all walks of life.

We finally got rid of Peake and hopefully the Beagle and Stowell will be next... freshening things up is harsh on the individual yes, but people who stay in a job as long as they all have aren't exactly showing ambition are they? 

You've got to remember where Rodgers himself started, he must find it odd that a Premier League side still had two blokes who've been here longer than some of the players have been alive in charge of the Academy and U23 sides. 

Same with Stowell, the same Goalkeeping coach for that long? Zero improvement in Kaspers technical ball playing ability in ten years and we wonder why?? 

Edited by AjcW
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

Portugal isn't on the quarantine list anymore though.  Maddison has posted a picture on Instagram of him and Ricardo in the gym today, so definitely not in quarantine 

It was when he came back to the country though and was in quarantine until today. He posted as much on his Instagram " last day of quarantine "

5 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

In my role as a futurologist - I identify wild things that may happen in the future and then say "if this was going to happen then what would the early signs me? And then I look to see if there are any such signs.  (EG if money was to be abolished in the future then we would be seeing venture capital going in to money alternatives).

The other way is this - to gather as a man strange happenings and figure out what it all points to

Do you actually work in that field? I have heard about it but never spoken to anyone who actually does it for pay.

26 minutes ago, brucey said:

If this was just Rodgers getting his sidekick into the job, and nothing to do with Rennie's job performance, the senior players might not take it very well.. 

Driscoll came with him from Celtic when he joined I think. You can’t really just sack somebody these days, it either has to be due to performance, negligence or misconduct, otherwise you’d get taken to the cleaners for unfair dismissal, which makes me think there’s something more to this than Rodgers just having a clear out. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Samilktray said:

I am a bit ITK this summer and from what I’ve heard there is some truly gobsmacking news coming out of club soon

This is like one of those attention seeking Facebook posts, where they say "this is the worst day of my life"and when you ask them if they are ok or need support, they just say I can't talk about it. 

Spill the bean or it just seems like attention seeking. 

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

This is like one of those attention seeking Facebook posts, where they say "this is the worst day of my life"and when you ask them if they are ok or need support, they just say I can't talk about it. 

Spill the bean or it just seems like attention seeking. 

Blimey do you take everything in life this seriously lol