Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxinsocks

Joining up dots

8 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

I remember a few pre seasons ago I was pretty downbeat...

- sacked our manager for non football reasons after an incredible great escape 

- we’d got a new manager who got sacked for losing to Faroe Islands

- Lost our player of the year and replaced him with a certain Gorkan and unknown french lad

Then we kicked off against Sunderland, and what followed was something that is unlikely to ever be repeated by any club ever.

We won’t know for sure until that first kick off, until then unless we sign the next Junior Lewis I’m happy to wait 

This is how it is for us - I still think the club will go big in the window... and that Brendan will sort out our form ( ... I admit he was my favourite for the job).  I hope the Eufa cup isn't a distraction as I really want us to finish top 4 ( we have drifted to 8 to 1 - as spurs fans pile in with money)

Edited by foxinsocks

King Power .....read on another thread recently (can’t remember which) that KIng Power May be diluting their share in the club.

Their core business of duty free must be suffering badly in current circumstances so may make sense to get someone else to buy stake in club.

Just a couple of things I’ve noticed in last few days that may point to something like this happening

1/ removing their brand from league game shirts for Thailand Smiles With You

2/ noticed yesterday that the gear Brendan and physios  etc were wearing had a new sponsor on it 

3/ This years training kit doesn’t appear to have KIng Power branding on it . Most of last couple of years had it on the back 

it’s not so long ago that many on here were bemoaning how much KIng Power branding there was on clothing ,the stadium etc.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, irishfoxkev said:

King Power .....read on another thread recently (can’t remember which) that KIng Power May be diluting their share in the club.

Their core business of duty free must be suffering badly in current circumstances so may make sense to get someone else to buy stake in club.

Just a couple of things I’ve noticed in last few days that may point to something like this happening

2/ noticed yesterday that the gear Brendan and physios  etc were wearing had a new sponsor on it 

3/ This years training kit doesn’t appear to have KIng Power branding on it . Most of last couple of years had it on the back 

it’s not so long ago that many on here were bemoaning how much KIng Power branding there was on clothing ,the stadium etc.

off the top of you head =- do you know what  the current  share ownership is?

I would expect burrowing then inter company loans rather than selling shares to raise cash.

Edited by foxinsocks

38 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Ricardo has had to quarantine which was inevitable given he will have been back home to Portugal. He's allowed back at Leicester tomorrow onwards according to his insta.

Portugal isn't on the quarantine list anymore though.  Maddison has posted a picture on Instagram of him and Ricardo in the gym today, so definitely not in quarantine 

9 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

off the top of you head =- do you know what  the current  share ownership is?

I would expect burrowing then inter company loans rather than selling shares to raise cash.

KPI own 100% of the club - they bought 80% in Aug 2010 and the rest the following May. If you scroll right down to the bottom of the website and click Company Details you can see the breakdown of 'shares' between the five members of the Srivaddhanaprabha family.

14 minutes ago, irishfoxkev said:

KPI's duty free business has little to no bearing on us because the club remains self-sufficient (except the training ground investment which is a loan). The club does not need nor are seeking external investment at the moment.

Removing the sponsorship for a season is to get them in with the Thai government, again. It's the sort of tactic that got Vichai into the position he did. And the branding is just about alternative revenue streams - KPI possibly can't commit as much to sponsorship as others can so it makes perfect sense. The sponsorship has no bearing on whether KPI will own the club or not.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

Portugal isn't on the quarantine list anymore though.  Maddison has posted a picture on Instagram of him and Ricardo in the gym today, so definitely not in quarantine 

I’ve never seen that room they’re in with the treadmills and fancy ceiling lights before... Wonder if they’ve started using bits of Seagrave?

B98C7659-AD14-40C9-9CC9-CD39F1C7C962.jpeg

Edited by brucey

2 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

Part of me is slightly worried, part of me really wants us to announce Danny Simpsons has re-signed just to see the meltdown on here lol

Tbf I wouldn't even be too against a a short term contract just in case something happen to Justin while Ricardo is out. Also if we end up playing a really low tier team in Europe he could give justin a rest. A contract until January would make some sense

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

I remember a few pre seasons ago I was pretty downbeat...

- sacked our manager for non football reasons after an incredible great escape 

- we’d got a new manager who got sacked for losing to Faroe Islands

- Lost our player of the year and replaced him with a certain Gorkan and unknown french lad

Then we kicked off against Sunderland, and what followed was something that is unlikely to ever be repeated by any club ever.

We won’t know for sure until that first kick off, until then unless we sign the next Junior Lewis I’m happy to wait 

Thing what really got me is they sent out a blonde Woman the bloody nerve to tell us to trust them. A bloody woman telling us experts like Gary Lineker to trust them. As for bringing in New talent a bloody Stoke reject centre half an Austrian on a freebie didn,t even bother with a right back as had the 3rd choice QPR one a Japanese guy who could only go 60 minutes and as mentioned a little French guy nobody wanted to replace a God in Cambiasso and they wanted us to trust them.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, brucey said:

I’ve never seen that room they’re in with the treadmills before... Wonder if they’ve started using bits of Seagrave?

Maybe if they both are quarantining they are doing it together at seagrave with some coaches? Would make sense seeming there's the capacity for players to stay there.

Edited by peach0000

Re: Dave Rennie. Training Ground Guru says the following:

https://trainingground.guru/articles/head-physio-rennie-leaving-leicester-after-two-decades

Head Physio Rennie leaving Leicester after two decades

Rennie joined Leicester in 1999 and was promoted to Head Physio a year later

Written by Simon Austin — August 26, 2020

LEICESTER CITY Head Physio Dave Rennie has been sacked by the club after more than 20 years in post.

Rennie has been a fixture with the Foxes since 1999 and has worked with more than 20 managers in three different divisions.

When current boss Brendan Rodgers was on the verge of joining the club in February 2019, it was Rennie who gave him a tour of their King Power Stadium.

He was also a prominent member of the backroom staff when the Foxes won the Premier League title in 2015/16.

However, Rodgers and his long-standing Head of Performance Glen Driscoll are now embarking on a revamp of the club’s medical department and Rennie has been a casualty. His replacement has not yet been announced.

Driscoll has worked with Rodgers since the early 2000s, when the duo were with Reading's Academy. When he arrived at Leicester, Driscoll said: “I’ve been very fortunate to have worked with great departments at very big clubs, but the level of Dave Rennie and (Head of Fitness) Matt Reeves and the team is very high.”

• Sad 6