Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Our Internationals 2020/21

I’ve got one screen on Russia-Turkey in case Ünder gets on.  I had to turn the sound off because Zhirkov is playing, and every couple of minutes it’s “Jerkoff goes down” … “Jerkoff plays it into the box” or such.  I know I sound sophomoric, but you try watching it.  It unavoidably catches your ear.

Anyway, Turkey are a mess, and Russia pull somebody down if there’s even a sniff of a counterattack.  Cags and Cengiz would be better off in Leicester.

I may watch the second half of NI - Austria to see how Evans is holding up three days after playing 120’.  Maybe not brilliantly?

314539007_NIpic.JPG.cc368059e2ba7f48fe4022eefc858172.JPG

And I’m sure they’ll play him Wednesday too.  Five hours of competitive play in six days.  Meanwhile are any of you even bothered whether England win or not?  I hate this ****ing “League”.

edit: Cengiz is in, and Turkey look brighter.  So far he's playing sharp through balls, though, not beating guys.  Has one bad miscontrol which ended a counter.  But they have now leveled the match.

Edited by KingsX
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Under came on at HT and got booked 3 minutes later lol 

But he’s done well since. 
Has helped turn the tide in Turkey’s favor, and it took a worldy save by the Russian GK to keep him off the scoresheet. What a shot that was!

Edited by NaijaFox
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Countryfox said:

I’ll have you know that 3 generations back on my dads side we were Flemish ...  which is sort of Belgium ...   and !!! ...   I love watching Poirot !  ..   so tonight Matthew ...   I am BELGE !!  

Mind you my mum was a sweaty sock ..  but a few generations back we were Vikings ...   so ...   bottom line ...   I’m actually pure mongrel !! ...   probably like most on here ! ...   :)

I'm a mongrel too, Irish/Austro-hungarian.

It's messy but there is definitely no in-breeding, which is nice. :D

• Haha 2

Cengiz bossed it!  He’s not “fat” and he’s certainly not slow.  Consistently found space, ran the game, and hit two rockets which required good saves.

All that said, he was playing AM, not on the wing -- wonder where BR will put him?  And his first touch needs work.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Cengiz bossed it!  He’s not “fat” and he’s certainly not slow.  Consistently found space, ran the game, and hit two rockets which required good saves.

All that said, he was playing AM, not on the wing -- wonder where BR will put him?  And his first touch needs work.

He played both roles - out wide on the right and inside the right hand channel.

I don't think Tielemans was poor, he just seemed to play it safe, unusually. Nothing alarming about his performance but nothing spectacular either.

Castagne looked very good both defensively and attacking wise. Very encouraging that he played so well on the left which we haven't seen yet.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Corky said:

I don't think Tielemans was poor, he just seemed to play it safe, unusually. Nothing alarming about his performance but nothing spectacular either.

Castagne looked very good both defensively and attacking wise. Very encouraging that he played so well on the left which we haven't seen yet.

Felt watching it he’d been told to sit deep. Or at least deeper than we normally see him. Given England had two defensive midfielders too it meant he had very little space. Still did pretty well though.

Part of Belgium’s problem in the latter stage was bringing that Doku on and he was blocking the space Castagne was running in to before that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Frank Southgate Sinatra...did it his way....

Sent in the Clowns...Then Softly Killing their midfield....

He was a man alone..but Made tonight some enchanted evening...

When day is done..Thats all I ask

shoo bi Doo bi doo...:)

Ruh Roh GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, honeybradger said:

Honestly i really dont know how i rate tielemans, sometimes he looks incredible othertimes he looks like he's got nothing special to him. Hopefully he gets more consistent as he gets older.

Give him time and space - he's a world-beater.

Deny him time and space - he's a panel-beater. 

• Haha 1