Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Our Internationals 2020/21

27 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Harvey Barnes not included in the England squad for the game tonight vs Denmark. Hope he's not injured.

FFS

He posted a picture up training yesterday so hopefully the not being in the squad on Sunday was because some players couldn't be selected due to numbers and he was one of them and not because of injury. Wouldn't seem to be the case if he was in full training yesterday.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

FFS

He posted a picture up training yesterday so hopefully the not being in the squad on Sunday was because some players couldn't be selected due to numbers and he was one of them and not because of injury. Wouldn't seem to be the case if he was in full training yesterday.

As long as he’s not injured 🙏 I will be going on a stream to watch Turkey’s match to check on Cengiz again - such a joy to watch against Russia the other day.  Who cares about England?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

As much as I like Barnes, I don't think he's ahead of those in the squad so no surprise he's not involved. He will have to have a stunning season to be in contention next summer. 

Agree think he’s behind the likes of Sterling, Rashford, Grealish, Sancho and Greenwood for 1 of the winger spots so will need a very good season/ injuries to others to displace any of them in the Euros squad. 

Still good experience for him to be called up and get his first cap. Also keeps him fresh and raring to go for us this weekend. 

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Looks like several have been omitted which is understandable as its a squad of 30 and only 22 are named in the matchday squad. Given they are all going back to their clubs after tonight, the 7-8 not on the bench tonight might as well go back today. 

Glad for that. 

2 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

As much as I like Barnes, I don't think he's ahead of those in the squad so no surprise he's not involved. He will have to have a stunning season to be in contention next summer. 

Agree but thought Saka was poor when he played against Wales. The Commentators were making excuses for him every time he had a bad touch or gave the ball away. Riles me that the 'big 6' bias always shines through.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Agree but thought Saka was poor when he played against Wales. The Commentators were making excuses for him every time he had a bad touch or gave the ball away. Riles me that the 'big 6' bias always shines through.

Harvey isn't a wing back.  its pretty simple - saka is able to play there. and saka is the only left footed player able to play wide left. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Cags not even on the bench for Turkey - what is going on with him? He's missed all 3 games for Turkey in this break.

Cengiz is starting, though, as is Youri for Belgium and Evans for NI.

Brendan has obviously used his Turkish language skills to have a chat with the coach and ask him to rest him for the games as we’re a bit short at the back.

Guest Hansifüx
9 minutes ago, Solihullfox said:

Brendan has obviously used his Turkish language skills to have a chat with the coach and ask him to rest him for the games as we’re a bit short at the back.

Turkey has a few good CBs at the moment and Demiral was class last game. I think Kabak plays better with Demiral. Demiral is calmer than Cags, who can be a little short tempered and emotional,  which can be contagious, especially for a young player.      

I wonder if players really do think it's their 'proudest moment' when receiving an international call.up?

I get it for championship plodders like David Healy or Stuart Dallas or Robert Earnshaw. It's their only chance of big time football. 

But after the buzz of the first 5 caps, I reckon top level players secretly find the whole thing an absolute ball ache