Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Blackburn Rovers pre-season match thread

1 minute ago, TazzerFox said:

It's strange because I look at our team and it literally can't be worse than that Blackburn team in terms of talent, so it must be down to coaching. Same as the end of last season at times. 

Its really concerning for this season coming up

Shhhhhh mate you ain't allowed to say things like that around here. It was only the I juries that cost us last season. Oh and we're only Leicester anyway so top 4 was beyond us

43 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

That's how poorly I rated Chilwell, he was a disaster waiting to happen at the back and mediocre going forward. So far Thomas has shown his passing and crossing has technique and his defending has been poor like Chilwell. Thomas would benefit from a full season in the Championship but we likely need him around the first team squad competing in Europe, 2 domestic cups and the Prem.

But Chilwell will be playing in the champions league and in the European championships this season, and you say  a loan to the championship for Thomas? Can Thomas be better long term? Possibly, now? No

Any little enthusiasm I have is draining away each time I watch us. A friendly, missing loads of players, youngsters who will never play competitive football again for us so I should just move on and look forward to action starting but I can't do it. 

Any success for us relies on Maddison and Tielemans having good seasons. Only way I can see us creating anything. So flat it's unreal and the lack of crowds don't help. 

Edited by RowlattsFox
  • Like 2

Last time there was this much doom and gloom in preseason IIRC was 2013. Followed by a meltdown on the matchday thread when Pearson started Drinkwater and Vardy.

For that reason, I'm going to take all these over-reactions as a good sign.

• Like 1