Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
majaco

Predict the starting 11 v WBA

Just now, deanolegend1989 said:

God help us if we have ndidi at CB or mendy anywhere!

Kasper

Albrighton Morgan Soyuncu Castagne

Ndidi Tilimens Praet

Gray/Barnes

Vardy Nacho

Yeah because Albrighton at right back will be a god send

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, kyleolly said:

Yeah because Albrighton at right back will be a god send

Good at covering for Morgan’s lack of mobility. Could easily have Justin there wouldn’t complain.

Id complain if we play our best DM at CB or useless Mendy there doing nothing.

WBA are arguably the worst side in the prem, we cannot go into it do negatively and expect to score or create anything. 

2 hours ago, Collymore said:

Choudhury has regressed a bit I think. He was at a crossroads where he could have been looking for a call up for England with a bit of form at one point but he just seems to be off the mark ever so slightly at the moment.

That could change as he's obviously talented, but there's something about Mendy at the moment where he looks like he means business...

...watched him play today, always play the way he is facing...he really is better than that!!!

He takes up good positions in the midfield but makes no attempt to progress us up the pitch and I am convinced he can do so. Just to take a ball on the term and drive up the middle or lay it off to wide players already on the move. You can understand why people are frustrated with him as he looks like he could do more but plays it safe.

59 minutes ago, Harry96 said:

This would be my team maybe Albrighton over Perez to give us a bit more defensive stability on that side 

Hope not, I hope that we will be dominating West Brom and hopefully go all out attack wise. They'll surely be easy pickings for most teams in the league. Albrighton lofted crosses to an isolated Vardy would be upsetting.

3 hours ago, Collymore said:

Kasper

Soyuncu Ndidi Justin

Castagne.                                  Thomas

Mendy

Praet          Teilemans

Vardy.              Nacho

Easier to amend yours, hope the formatting works. 

Basically, Morgan out of back 3 with Ndidi slotting in. No need for 2 cdm's with 3 atb hopefully. Freeing up an extra midfielder - Praet. 

(oh and I spelt Timmy Chestnuts surname right for you 😂

Kasper

JJ   Soyuncu  Ndidi

Castagne  Tielemans  Praet   Thomas

Perez

Nacho  Vardy

This lineup absolutely terrifies me. I have no idea what West Brom's preseason was like but this is such a weak line up that hasn't played together yet. Will Castagne be thrown straight in? I think he might be.

If Maddison is back, then perhaps we will go 4141 instead:

Kasper

JJ     Soyuncu    Ndidi     Thomas

Mendy

Gray    Tieleman   Maddison  Barnes

Vardy

Either way we have multiple issues:
- Players woefully out of form

- Players mot fully fit

- Confidence is low

- Key players suspended or injured.

Put that all together and it really doesn't bode well. But with no crowd involved to get behind the Baggies, perhaps that will negate the potential banana skin feel of the game. But as of right not I am really worried and would not be surprised at all to see a loss on opening day. We desperately need one of our key players like Vardy, Maddison or Tielemans to be on the money.

11 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Kasper 

Castagne, Morgan, Cags, Fuchs

Tielemans, Ndidi, Praet 

Perez, Vardy, Barnes 

Pretty much agree with this. People on here are bizarrely suggesting that Castagne is an immediate replacement for Chilwell, but his natural position is R/B. He'll be straight in for Ricky. Not sure whether Brendan will risk Thomas - might be a tad premature. You are probably right that he'll opt for the experience of Fuchs. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see Albrighton start. EDIT TO ADD. A Puel-esque Two DM/holding midfielders wouldn't surprise me either ..possibly Mendy instead of Praet. 

Edited by Line-X

1 minute ago, Line-X said:

Pretty much agree with this. People on here are bizarrely suggesting that Castagne is an immediate replacement for Chilwell, but his natural position is R/B. He'll be straight in for Ricky. Not sure whether Brendan will risk Thomas - might be a tad premature. You are probably right that he'll opt for the experience of Fuchs. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see Albrighton start. 

If it wasn't WBA I could see Albrighton instead of Barnes to help Fuchs given his pace. 

3 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Schmeichel

Castagne  Benkovic  Soyuncu  Justin

Ndidi      Praet

Perez       Tielemans        Barnes

Vardy

Don't think perez will start first game personally, hasn't even made an appearance in preseason has he? 

I honestly don't see the point of Mendy if I'm honest. I still really do not know what "type" of player he is. He just seems to run around not actually doing a lot. A bit of a 'meh' player. We surely can't be starting him just to make up the 11? I do have my worries about this season if I'm perfectly honest. I really don't think it will be a great season which a shame really being in Europa and all. I hope I'm proven wrong though 

Edited by hejammy
  • Like 1

Kasper

Justin    Benko    Soyuncu 

Castagne     N’Didi   Choudhury   Albrighton      
                         Tielemans    
                    Vardy     Nacho