Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
majaco

Predict the starting 11 v WBA

45 minutes ago, Rigga said:

Castagne will not play Sunday... He won’t have even had a training session with us...

oh, and chilwell did not play in the run in..

Thanks for the reminder on Chilwell, that actually makes me feel better because apart from the first 3 games without Evans, after that we are not weaker than how we ended last season, (which was also without soyuncu, which was the starting point of this particular discussion) imo. 

Re Castagne, that's a valid opinion, but not a cast iron fact. You may be right but I hope and don't think you are. He is probably the most up to speed player we have, and therefore vital. 

Not long til we find out one way or the other. 

1 hour ago, gw_leics772 said:

Thanks for the reminder on Chilwell, that actually makes me feel better because apart from the first 3 games without Evans, after that we are not weaker than how we ended last season, (which was also without soyuncu, which was the starting point of this particular discussion) imo. 

Re Castagne, that's a valid opinion, but not a cast iron fact. You may be right but I hope and don't think you are. He is probably the most up to speed player we have, and therefore vital. 

Not long til we find out one way or the other. 

Predict the starting 11 v WBA was the OP, not after 3 games 😂

1 hour ago, NaijaFox said:

Even though it’s all a bit different without the crowds, newly-promoted teams tend to give it their all in the first few games of the season - until reality (and lack of quality depth) sets in, that is. Wouldn’t be at all surprised if this turns out to be a very tricky tie for us.

It could be tricky but we should be able to take it as read that our players too should be 'giving it their all'. They are highly paid professionals and their performances/results since before Christmas have been fairly unacceptable at times, albeit not always their own fault. The pre-season games both in terms of selections and performances have been a little odd but it's the same for all teams. Rodgers is often touted by the media as a master man-manager and motivator and now's the time for him to prove his worth and earn his corn. I'm sure Slavan Billic, injuries or not, would be very happy to have the squad of players Rodgers has got to choose from in his opening game. Time for Rodgers to cut the blarney, time to put up or shut up. Burnley and Manchester City are a different kettle of fish of course. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Kasper

Justin

Soyuncu

Morgan

Castagne

N'didi

Praet

Tielemans

Perez

Vardy

Barnes

This line up represents a total failure of the transfer window (so far).

Also think we'll lose 2 nil.

You don't think it is more representative of a shit load of players injured or unavailable?

My guess:

Schmeichel

Tarkowski    Soyuncu  

Justin                                               Castagne

N'Didi             Tielemans  

Albrighton                Perez                     Barnes

Vardy

58 minutes ago, murphy said:

You don't think it is more representative of a shit load of players injured or unavailable?

My guess:

Schmeichel

Tarkowski    Soyuncu  

Justin                                               Castagne

N'Didi             Tielemans  

Albrighton                Perez                     Barnes

Vardy

Ambitious prediction of Tarkowski!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

I personally think it'll be as follows

Schmeichel 

Justin

Soyuncu 

Morgan

Castagne 

Ndidi 

Praet

Tielemans 

Albrighton 

Vardy 

Barnes 

This team but swap Albrighton with anyone, he should not get near our first 11.

• Thanks 1

Kasper

Amartey Benk Soy

Justin                  Thomas

Ndid Youri

Madd Barnes

Vardy

I would love to see that and absolutely love, love to watch the posts stream in on the first eleven pages of the match thread. I might give the match itself a miss, but eagerly watch the forum for the first poster to predict the cosmic inevitability of Pearson's return, who will first dig the club further into trouble, but eventually begin the long process of remaking the club in his image, again, only to be sacked at the first signs of success, again because of Person juniors predilection for Thai prostitutes, thereby completing the circle of life.

Edited by Foxxed

4 hours ago, Rigga said:

Predict the starting 11 v WBA was the OP, not after 3 games 😂

Yes, but the conversation "sometimes" goes off topic 😂

I've just fruitlessly spent time trying to quote them all but failed miserable and gave up in a huff (time that I will never get back - oh forget it, I'd have only wasted it) 

Point is, the offshoot was that we are weaker than we ended last season, and while that is true for first 3 games re Evans, I certainly don't think we are after that. 

Just now, Les-TA-Jon said:

Have you been in a coma since December? ;)

In and out, really, same as usual, but nothing to do with Leicester City.

If you're implying that the points Stryderhiryu made of us having low confidence and being out of form are still with us  since December, then I don't understand.

Sure, you can justify those points up until the last game of last season, but I don't see how they can still be relevant based upon the present when we've only just completed a flimsy pre-season and about to embark upon the new one.

Perhaps after the West Brom game those negativities can be reviewed, but I don't see how they can be pointed out at present. 

Surely we have to let go of December 2019 - July 2020 at some point?

Just now, Rigga said:

The back end of last season...

No real marquee signing that gives the club a boost.

A hopeless pre season (same for all clubs I know)

No real marquee signing that gives the club a boost and a hopeless pre-season are good justifications of being worried.

I don't understand being worried about the hangover from the back end of last season.

I've just moved on and I'd be surprised if the players and management haven't. 

Schmeichel.         

Castagne.

Benkovic.        
Söyüncü.                                        

Justin                             

Ndidi.                                      

Tielemans.              

D.Praet.  

Perez                                                                                                        
Barnes

Vardy.

Edited by FoxinNotts
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, gw_leics772 said:

Yes, but the conversation "sometimes" goes off topic 😂

I've just fruitlessly spent time trying to quote them all but failed miserable and gave up in a huff (time that I will never get back - oh forget it, I'd have only wasted it) 

Point is, the offshoot was that we are weaker than we ended last season, and while that is true for first 3 games re Evans, I certainly don't think we are after that. 

🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

The first 3 games as you put it, I would say we need a minimum of 4/9 Pts....

let’s be honest though, we haven’t much to be excited about at present..

EL we should be, but Rodgers will put pay to that with weakened sides..

A team that next Sunday could have Fuchs, Morgan, Albrighton in it... more like a friendly line up 

6 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

It could be tricky but we should be able to take it as read that our players too should be 'giving it their all'. They are highly paid professionals and their performances/results since before Christmas have been fairly unacceptable at times, albeit not always their own fault. The pre-season games both in terms of selections and performances have been a little odd but it's the same for all teams. Rodgers is often touted by the media as a master man-manager and motivator and now's the time for him to prove his worth and earn his corn. I'm sure Slavan Billic, injuries or not, would be very happy to have the squad of players Rodgers has got to choose from in his opening game. Time for Rodgers to cut the blarney, time to put up or shut up. Burnley and Manchester City are a different kettle of fish of course. 

Obviously rooting for a win, but frankly there’s no evidence the highlighted has changed. :blush:

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Rigga said:

🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

The first 3 games as you put it, I would say we need a minimum of 4/9 Pts....

let’s be honest though, we haven’t much to be excited about at present..

EL we should be, but Rodgers will put pay to that with weakened sides..

A team that next Sunday could have Fuchs, Morgan, Albrighton in it... more like a friendly line up 

It certainly is a scary thought. We are struggling with centre backs but strangely I think playing a 3 would be best, as jj probably not right for a 2. However, makes no sense to play Ndidi out of position so maybe jj and cags with Ndidi in his usual position but dropping back. 

Wing backs of Thomas and Castagne. (I just think he's got to start, probably the most match sharp of all our players and no-one has played in proper team in training so a bit of a moot point imo. 

I could however live with Morgan as a one off in this game. 

That deals with 2 of your 3 but I'd also add gray to those and the way out of that is 2 up top imo. 

With either perez or Tielemans in advanced position. I would personally prefer Tielemans advanced to have more defensive with Praet. 

My team now is. 

Kasper. 

Castagne, jj/Morgan, cags, thomas

Ndidi

Praet

Tielemans

Perez

Iheanacho

Vardy

Just realised we can play perez at 10 with only 4 atb, which bodes well when Maddison is back. And Ricardo. 

Width from wingbacks

Could live with 3atb to help width from wing backs but leaves us short in midfield. This way we've got perez, Maddison, Barnes, and  iheanacho who could play number 10/second striker between them. 

I don't want to see 3 pronged "attack" with barnes/gray/perez/Kevin where any 2 is simply not good enough. 

Could get us through WBA game but won't leave me confident for the rest of the season. 

A good winger would change that.