Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
majaco

Predict the starting 11 v WBA

Schmeicel

James Justin
Darnell Johnson or Josh Knight
Soyuncu

Fuchs (Chestnuts 2nd half)

Praet (Choudhary 2nd half)

Ndidi
Tielemans

Perez
Barnes (Subbed for Iheanacho/Gray)

Vardy

Thought process:

• Away from home against a team on a high
  • Poor selection choice due to internationals and injuries
  • Looking not to lose rather than come roaring out of the blocks because of last season's ending and lacklustre pre-season

1 hour ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

Schmeichel

Castagne

Morgan/Benkovic

Soyuncu

Justin

Ndidi

Mendy

Gray

Tielemans

Barnes

Vardy

Subs: Ward, Morgan/Benkovic, Thomas, Praet, Albrighton, Perez, Iheanacho 

Ndidi and Mendy together!!!!.....

Against f**king WBA?

Have you gone insane?

• Like 3

10 hours ago, moseeds said:

Schmeicel

James Justin
Soyuncu

Ndidi
Tielemans

Perez

Vardy

Thought process:

• Looking not to lose rather than come roaring out of the blocks because of last season's ending and lacklustre pre-season

Shouldn't our players be on a high too? They're highly paid professionals not a bunch of wimpy school kids. Managent should have instilled some fight, vigour and a wish to crush the opposition into them. If they were to continue on themes of disappointment from last season and lack of confidence with them, that's exactly the sort of lilly livered performance they're going to get!

On paper we outgun West Brom in every position and we should be looking for a performance to match. It's precisely Rodgers cautious and intensely pragmatic approach to playing the lower teams from around Christmas that has caused problems. Previously, we'd played instinctively caring more about our game than that of the opposition. The approach to the two Southampton games being a good case in point. We should be gagging to come out of the blocks fighting and get straight at them with pace which is something they're unused to. We should be looking to crush them, not sitting back trying to work them out, let them do the worrying. 

• Like 1

I think those predicting Mendy to play aren't saying that's what they want, they're trying to anticipate what BR will do. On that basis, I think they're probably correct. I also imagine there's a decent chance Ndidi will start at CB.

I'm not bothered by Vardy looking disinterested so far, I expect he's been told to conserve his energies. I'm more concerned with the fall-out from the apparent difficulties surrounding players having accidentally broken quarantining and the disjointed nature of everything at the moment. To blame nobody for a moment, it must be very difficult to juggle everything right now, with injuries, suspension, the window still very open and the internationals going on. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Really can't see Timmy being thrown straight in for this, will have he even met the whole squad by Saturday?

He’s met a couple - and will be more match fit than most having played with them a couple times this week! Think he’s straight in, needs must. 

From Tanners article this morning in the Athletic:

First-choice right-back Ricardo Pereira is still rehabilitating after surgery on an ACL injury and isn’t expected back until late October or early November, and No 1 left-back Ben Chilwell has been sold to Chelsea for over £50 million and his 2019-20 back-up, Christian Fuchs, is also out with an injury.

On top of all that, key central defender Jonny Evans is suspended for the opening three games following a final-day red card against Manchester United, while midfield playmaker James Maddison also missed the end of the season with an injury, and has yet to appear in pre-season. Neither have Perez, Evans or Wilfred Ndidi, with the club tight-lipped about their absences.

Just now, Nick said:

From Tanners article this morning in the Athletic:

First-choice right-back Ricardo Pereira is still rehabilitating after surgery on an ACL injury and isn’t expected back until late October or early November, and No 1 left-back Ben Chilwell has been sold to Chelsea for over £50 million and his 2019-20 back-up, Christian Fuchs, is also out with an injury.

On top of all that, key central defender Jonny Evans is suspended for the opening three games following a final-day red card against Manchester United, while midfield playmaker James Maddison also missed the end of the season with an injury, and has yet to appear in pre-season. Neither have Perez, Evans or Wilfred Ndidi, with the club tight-lipped about their absences.

And it's not strictly accurate, as both Ndidi and Perez have appeared. Evans is a curious matter, however.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

And it's not strictly accurate, as both Ndidi and Perez have appeared. Evans is a curious matter, however.

Ah okay, I just read the section and cut that bit as I thought it interesting- I missed the final preseason farce on Saturday... Did Pérez and Ndidi get minutes?

13 hours ago, moseeds said:

Schmeicel

James Justin
Soyuncu

Ndidi
Tielemans

Perez

Vardy

Thought process:

WBA's form was actually woeful at the end of the season 

57 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Jesus christ cancel this nations league garbage, so unnecessary and poorly timed FFS

It's stupid they're actually playing it.

At a time when the season is so tight, there's so many games with little rest, they're playing a Nations League where staff/players have to travel all over. It was shit before all of this.

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Castagne, Praet and Tielemans to all come back positive, get them out your line ups :ph34r:

Just couldn't write it could you lol

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

If that's the case I imagine Sunday would be called off and re scheduled. 

Cant expect us to play with 3 first teamers out potentially 4 if you take Schmeichel into consideration with Belgium and Denmark playing against each other on Saturday. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Is this correct?

Injured/Suspended: 

• Ricardo
  • Morgan
  • Fuchs
  • Maddison
  • Evans

Coming back from Internationals:

• Soyuncu
  • Praet
  • Tielemans
  • Castagne
  • Schmeichel
  • Justin

Not looking forward to Sunday afternoon! :facepalm:

Looks about right however I think Maddison will play against Hull later with the development squad.