Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
majaco

Predict the starting 11 v WBA

Kasper Schmeichel  

Castagne 

soyuncu

???

Justin

Ndidi

Praet

Tielemans

Perez

Vardy

Barnes

subs: Ward, Morgan, Thomas, Dewsbury Hall, Gray, Iheanacho, Albrighton

The big question is who plays CB, after Morgan broke down against Birmingham I just can’t see him starting a game this season.

Possibilities:

Benkovic - Is he injured? Only reason I can think that he didn’t play a small part against Blackburn

Knight: The best of the youngsters, but is he ready?

A new signing? Fingers crossed 

Justin: bring Thomas in at LB and play Justin at CB

Ndidi: play Mendy/Choudhury in his role? With Madison already out, not sure I want another of the midfield 3 out of their key role.

We have options but are any of them great? Remembering this is for 3 games! Not sure we can play 3 CB when I’m struggling to come up with 2 decent options.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Either way we have multiple issues:
- Players woefully out of form

- Players mot fully fit

- Confidence is low

- Key players suspended or injured.

Agree with the selection conundrum, but what's your thinking behind; Players woefully out of form and Confidence is low? 

If fit!

Schmeichel 

Casta Morgan Soy Justin 

Ndidi 

Barnes Praet Tielemans 

Iheanacho 

Vardy 

This is West Brom we're playing not Liverpool, we've every reason to be positive. If Morgan not fit I'd play Armarty, depending on his fitness, one of the young lads, we really are making a mountain out of a molehill. When Evans, Ricardo and Maddison are back, hopefully very soon, there really is a decent group of players there to pick from. We should be fine for this one. Man for man with the West Brom team, I don't think we'd be swapping many of this selection above with many of there's, anyone would think it was us just having been promoted. We don't need any Rodgers overcautious bollocks either, get straight at em!

• Like 1

I've not seen enough clues, from the perplexingly scheduled "pre-season", to begin to be able to apply any sort of form, style, instinct logic to this prediction. 

All I can think is that Rodgers will want to start with whatever formation he wants to play, going forward for the season, and fill in those positions from what's best available, i.e rather than starting with a formation that will change once the preferred players / new signings become available.

So with that logic, best I can predict is this.

Schmeichel

Justin Soyuncu Morgan Castagne

Tielemans Ndidi KDH

Perez Vardy Barnes 

I reckon the West Brom game will still fall within the pre-season mindset, so that's why I think very few will be happy with the selection. 

Strangest build up to the first day of the season ever. 

• Like 1

I can see us keeping it simple first game until everyone is back fit and healthy. 442.

Kasper

Castagne       Soyuncu      Benko          JJ

Gray        Tielemans     Ndidi         Barnes

Nacho      Vardy

• Like 3

I get it now. That fans ballot that the club emailed about is nothing to do with match tickets, it's to see which of us gets to play CB v West Brom. 

My team, presuming Morgan & Benkovic are out would be;-

Schmeichel

Justin  Amartey (or me).  Soyuncu.   Castagne

.                          Didil

Tielemens

Albrighton             Perez.               Barnes

Vardy

putting Perez in the Maddison role as need that position to carry a goal threat, a bit more than Praet does. If Benkovic can make it then have him next to Soyuncu. 

Considered Justin CB, Thomas LB, Castagne RB too. Contributions from Gray and Nacho from the bench if we're not in a comfortable position by 65 mins. 

Load of people putting Benkovic in but surely Rodgers would have played him more if he had any chance of starting... I think his pecking order is as follows in a back 3

Evans

Soyuncu

Morgan

Justin

Knight

Johnson

Ndidi

Benkovic

Amartey

I don't necessarily think Benko is so far down because Rodgers thinks he's rubbish, more likely he's got a loan or transfer lined up in the next few weeks and playing him preseason would be pointless for team cohesion. 

Schmeichel

Rofe - Sjoberg - Mclintock - Woolett

Lewis Wise James

Gray  Slimani  Ghezzel

Subs:

The Birch

Keith Vaz

Nicky Maynard

Dave Rennie

Ade Akinbiyi

Guaranteed first points of the season

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Kasper Schmeichel  

Castagne 

soyuncu

???

Justin

Ndidi

Praet

Tielemans

Perez

Vardy

Barnes

subs: Ward, Morgan, Thomas, Dewsbury Hall, Gray, Iheanacho, Albrighton

The big question is who plays CB, after Morgan broke down against Birmingham I just can’t see him starting a game this season.

Possibilities:

Benkovic - Is he injured? Only reason I can think that he didn’t play a small part against Blackburn

Knight: The best of the youngsters, but is he ready?

A new signing? Fingers crossed 

Justin: bring Thomas in at LB and play Justin at CB

Ndidi: play Mendy/Choudhury in his role? With Madison already out, not sure I want another of the midfield 3 out of their key role.

We have options but are any of them great? Remembering this is for 3 games! Not sure we can play 3 CB when I’m struggling to come up with 2 decent options.

This. 

There is another potential explanation for Benko missing yesterday's game - he's about to leave...

Kasper

Justin

morgan

soyunco

albrighton 

ndidi

youri

thomas

perez

vardy

gray

Barnes hasn’t look at it since the restart and the friendlies haven’t looked much better. As much as gray isn’t a world beater he has looked better than Barnes so he starts for me. 

Perez doesn’t seem to play all that well but does get goals/assists so he has to play for me until we can sign a more consistent replacement. 

I’d happily play Knight if Wes isn’t fit. Can’t see the new lad starting until he’s had a week or so training. 

Kasper

Thomas ndidi soyunchu Justin 

Mendy 

Praet Tielemans 

Albrighton Vardy Barnes 

Can't see Castagne starting after 2 or 3 days with the squad. 

Looks like Maddison is back in full training but wouldn't put him in just yet. 

10 hours ago, gw_leics772 said:

By losing Chilwell and getting Castagne? 

What am I missing? What else has changed since man u away? Lost Ryan Bennett? 

Castagne will not play Sunday... He won’t have even had a training session with us...

oh, and chilwell did not play in the run in..

2 hours ago, Danny Clender said:

Agree with the selection conundrum, but what's your thinking behind; Players woefully out of form and Confidence is low? 

The back end of last season...

No real marquee signing that gives the club a boost.

A hopeless pre season (same for all clubs I know)

2 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

If fit!

Schmeichel 

Casta Morgan Soy Justin 

Ndidi 

Barnes Praet Tielemans 

Iheanacho 

Vardy 

This is West Brom we're playing not Liverpool, we've every reason to be positive. If Morgan not fit I'd play Armarty, depending on his fitness, one of the young lads, we really are making a mountain out of a molehill. When Evans, Ricardo and Maddison are back, hopefully very soon, there really is a decent group of players there to pick from. We should be fine for this one. Man for man with the West Brom team, I don't think we'd be swapping many of this selection above with many of there's, anyone would think it was us just having been promoted. We don't need any Rodgers overcautious bollocks either, get straight at em!

Even though it’s all a bit different without the crowds, newly-promoted teams tend to give it their all in the first few games of the season - until reality (and lack of quality depth) sets in, that is. Wouldn’t be at all surprised if this turns out to be a very tricky tie for us.

Edited by NaijaFox
  • Like 1