Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

Just now, chapero82 said:

Exactly and that's why Maddison isn't as good as everyone says he is

Maddison isn’t the first to make mistakes and get relegated. A relegation doesn’t make a player bad either. 

Just look at our opposition today. 20 years ago they were relegated with Di Canio, Les Ferdinand, Defoe, Carrick, Joe Cole. These were top players.

2 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

Can people explain to me why us getting relegated means we only get 30-40mill for him rather than 50-60mill?

Surely they’ll still be a bidding war for him? 

I’m not sure they will be a bidding war his little social media rant hasn’t done him any favours at all and when the shit hits the fan he’s proven he’s not great and yes he’s a decent player by he has a lot of mistakes in his play not sure a big team touches him best he can hope for us warming Newcastles bench tbh I can’t wait to see the back of him and the rest of them they have all played at about 60% this season not good enough all purposely running down contracts if we manage to get 40m for him it’s great business with 12months to go

Definitely been a really good player for us. He’s had great moments for us.

I think there was a case, where he tried a bit “too hard” towards the end of the season etc… and also, felt like he was bit of an easy target though as we over relied on him compared to other players.

• Like 1

I'm not too fussed about the mistakes like against Bournemouth & Everton. People will make mistakes. What stops me classing him as a Leicester all-time great is the lack of anything really tangible when we really needed him, our most talented player, in a game we had to have. When the pressure was at it's greatest and the chips were down. I can only think of PSV away when he really came through in a clutch moment. That may seem harsh or unfair to put it all on him like that. But he's our best player. Our star player. It's what star players are supposed to do - come through for you when you need it most.

Edited by SouthStandUpperTier
  • Like 3

Just now, Lcfc1994_2 said:

Definitely been a really good player for us. He’s had great moments for us.

I think there was a case, where he tried a bit “too hard” towards the end of the season etc… and also, felt like he was bit of an easy target though as we over relied on him compared to other players.

He was absolutely brilliant in the run up to the world cup (when he thought he might get picked for England)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

Can people explain to me why us getting relegated means we only get 30-40mill for him rather than 50-60mill?

Well it depends. Like at an auction, there is always a chance you can get higher if the seller is not desperate.

Right now I think he’s an absolute shithouse. Work shy ****. I would like to say we’d be better off without him as he inevitably jumps ship to a euro bound team. He’s a talented cockwangler that’s for sure. Not good enough this season. If we get £50m for him now I’d be impressed 

2 minutes ago, trabuch said:

He was absolutely brilliant in the run up to the world cup (when he thought he might get picked for England)

It’s quite bizarre, we were looking really good before the World Cup, (6 clean sheets in 9), played really well at Everton and West Ham.

Bigger questions are, how on earth we allowed our pre-world cup form to drop off a cliff!

• Like 1

Just now, Lcfc1994_2 said:

It’s quite bizarre, we were looking really good before the World Cup, (6 clean sheets in 9), played really well at Everton and West Ham.

Bigger questions are, how on earth we allowed our pre-world cup form to drop off a cliff!

:brendan_still:

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

27 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

Did you see Muzzy play?? JM is a gifted footballer but Muzzy had everything, including passion and commitment. He was Maddison with a better attitude

Indeed I did. One of my favorite players. Saw his debut as a 70th minute sub. Looked a class above from his 1st minute on the pitch. But that was in a championship side that was struggling at the time. Madders will be chased by bigger clubs than Muzzy. Delighted to have seen them both, just think Madders edges  Muzzy. Just my opinion.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SystonFox said:

Right now I think he’s an absolute shithouse. Work shy ****. I would like to say we’d be better off without him as he inevitably jumps ship to a euro bound team. He’s a talented cockwangler that’s for sure. Not good enough this season. If we get £50m for him now I’d be impressed 

Been awful this season. Couldnt lace Jason Jarretts boots 

CBB4E164-E390-429D-8B66-867D19D7BCF2.png

1 minute ago, trabuch said:

There's a lot of blame flying about the place at the moment. But even those blaming the board are blaming them for not sacking Rodgers. It's so obvious.

It’s a 50/50 split between the board and Rodgers. Rodgers gave up on us, seemed as though he couldn’t be arsed anymore. The club should have done the right thing and fvcked him off ages ago. Unfortunately the rot set within the club and Rodgers leaves with his head held high as if he’s some sort of footballing genius whilst we go down and now dead and buried.

Brendan is a disgrace and so is the board.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

Because we now have to sell to ensure we’re financially sound. Means teams can start bidding lower knowing we can’t just hold out and say no (as we and other prem clubs have been able to do in the past). 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SystonFox said:

Ah yeah cheers for 10 goals and 9 assists pal. ****ing back pass against Bournemouth in acres of space trying to be a big game charlie. Pansy penalty costing us 2 points against the team that eventually saw us relegated over. Blokes a grade a cockwomble. Get out my club

Yeah that missed penalty automatically gifted a goal to Everton didnt it? Not the 10 other drongos on the pitch 😂

1 hour ago, chapero82 said:

If Muzzy had been in this team instead of Maddison, we would have stayed up 

Disagree. And people have warped memories of Izzet if they’re genuinely liking that post.

Muzzy was part of 2 separate relegated sides and while he was good in 03/04, like Maddison this season he was also accused at the time of not really show up in the big games and also missed a crucial penalty as well (was it vs Blackburn?) after Dickov had been subbed off, and he was utterly utterly diabolical in 01/02, far far worse than Maddison has been this season. 

Izzet was a very good player for us  especially under Mickey Adams (though I always think his time under MON gets overrated retrospectively due to his longevity) for where we were at the time, but people act like he was like prime Maradona on here sometimes and like he like didn’t have some absolutely rotten long spells of form or entire seasons for us. 

Edited by Sampson

3 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Disagree. Muzzy was in 2 separate relegated sides himself and while he was good in 03/04, like Maddison this season he was also accused at the time of not really show up in the big games and also missed a crucial penalty as well (was it vs Blackburn?) after Dickov had been subbed off, and he was utterly utterly diabolical in 01/02, far far worse than Maddison has been this season. 

Izzet was a very good player for us  especially under Mickey Adams (though I always think his time under MON gets overrated retrospectively due to his longevity) for where we were at the time, but people act like he was like prime Maradona on here sometimes and like he like didn’t have some absolutely rotten long spells of form or entire seasons for us. 

Dickov misses the penalty I think