Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

He frustrates me hugely at times but I can't deny the squad looks better with him in it. He impresses me with the way he talks and has shown real glimpses of talent and was a big part of the first half of last season.

Good to have him back.

19 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Big season for him. I know many will disagree but he didn't do enough last season for me. Hope his quality shines through this season. If it does there'll be all the big clubs after him no doubt

Agree with this and I don't think he did enough to impact games in the second half of the season.

But, him coming on today made me realise that he really is a class act when he's got freedom on the pitch. Kind of forgot because he was playing deeper and deeper and we were so stale as a team which made me totly forget just how good he can be.

We get everyone fit, bring in a couple and, perhaps most crucially, consistently play at a high tempo, we'll be challenging at the top end again.

3 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Agree with this and I don't think he did enough to impact games in the second half of the season.

But, him coming on today made me realise that he really is a class act when he's got freedom on the pitch. Kind of forgot because he was playing deeper and deeper and we were so stale as a team which made me totly forget just how good he can be.

We get everyone fit, bring in a couple and, perhaps most crucially, consistently play at a high tempo, we'll be challenging at the top end again.

Yeah agree with all of that. I think he's a great player to have when things are going well. I just want to see him grab games by the scruff of the neck when we're up against it

34 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Big season for him. I know many will disagree but he didn't do enough last season for me. Hope his quality shines through this season. If it does there'll be all the big clubs after him no doubt

Agreed, he didn't get the big move he obviously wanted so signed the new contract

Hopefully his quality will shine through, but he needs to be better than the second half of last season, he floated through games and didn't do enough.

Looked sharper yesterday than he was at times during our decline last season.

Just generally tidier. Got the impression he was often frustrated during our poor run and I think a lot of that was frustration at himself for falling below his own standards. 

If he can keep that up and add a few more goals to his game it bodes well for our season as a team. Exactly what we need, really. 

The form of him and Tielemans is central to how well we do.

• Like 1

Just now, Nod.E said:

Looked sharper yesterday than he was at times during our decline last season.

Just generally tidier. Got the impression he was often frustrated during our poor run and I think a lot of that was frustration at himself for falling below his own standards. 

If he can keep that up and add a few more goals to his game it bodes well for our season as a team. Exactly what we need, really. 

The form of him and Tielemans is central to how well we do.

I think he had had a niggly injury for a while hadn't he, so probably frustrated that he couldn't compete as well as he would like. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The People's Hero said:

The two players I watched at various points yesterday who genuinely looked a cut above were James Maddison and James Rodriguez. Both just have the time and the quickness of thought. Lovely touches.

That's high praise.

You can tell a footballer's quality based on his first touch.

Mahrez, Maddison, Rodriguez. These players were born with that gift to play football. Every touch is deliberate and natural. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

It's an interesting point that the big clubs will come after him. If we continue the way we have of selling 1 key player a year, the likelihood is it will be Ricardo leaving next summer if he recovers fully from his injury. That means Madders would potentially have to wait until the summer after. Then add in Soyuncu and Ndidi who will also keep attracting interest from bigger clubs, either we will be keeping some of our key players for quite a few years or would we end up selling more than one? I hope not, but the clubs/king powers finances could also have a bearing on this as well.