Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

Best I’ve seen him for a long time today. Shame we hadn’t seen more of that really. 

ive been harsh lately, but I do think he gave a crap and that partly contributed to some poor performances. Will I miss seeing him play. 

• Like 4

I'm a maddison fan, the player during our march to europe who was bigging the club up, think he got unfair stick from some of our fans after partygate, then the figure of hate because of his modelling and social media posts, i thought start of the season he was club captain material and my opinion hasn't changed, had some poor games following his england debut but being played out of position and i don't think he's the best when it comes to being mentally strong, I'll miss him playing for us thats for sure

• Like 1

Be nice if he was just honest and said his eyes have been elsewhere. He’s been checking out the hot blonde in the champs league strip and couldn’t be arsed putting effort into us.

he’s let himself down with our club the last 6 months imho

9 minutes ago, baileylcfc1001 said:

It is all about opinions. You are perfectly entitled to yours.

Did you see Muzzy play?? JM is a gifted footballer but Muzzy had everything, including passion and commitment. He was Maddison with a better attitude

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

He cost us. 

That shitty pass to the Bournemouth player. That missed penalty.

Yeah its Maddisons fault we were relegated. James its your fault pal, but good luck at the Champions league club youll be moving to. You could say ‘he cost us’ and reel off 5 massive individual mistakes of every player in the team this season

Edited by South Shire Fox

It’s not his fault we are relegated. One mistake or one missed penalty isn’t the reason we’re down. We went down because we’ve not been good enough over 38 games. They’ve all made mistakes.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

If he had scored his penally against Everton and not assisted Bournemouth to score then we wouldn't have been relegated...

One of the things in life and sport ... is that it's not fair.   And that goes for what you are remembered for.

Some average players are remembered for great deeds eg Joe Waters (v QPR 1974), Tony James (v Oxford 1991), Richard Smith (v Palace 1992).    And you don't remember anything else.

Yet other good players are remembered for mistakes.   On the local level, no City fan can ever forget Ian Wilson's own goal v Tottenham 1982.   On the national level Peter Shilton's mistake v Poland 1973, Ray Clemence's howler v Scotland 1976, and obviously everyone remembers Steven Gerrard for his slip v Chelsea. 

It really isn't fair, but I fear Maddison will be remembered for an unfortunate interview he did, a howler of a backpass that cost us v Bournemouth, and a saved penalty that probably cost us a crucial win v Everton  (even though Vardy had a penalty saved in the next match away at Fulham, so there's no guarentee Vardy would've scored v Everton if he had taken it).

16 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Best I’ve seen him for a long time today. Shame we hadn’t seen more of that really. 

ive been harsh lately, but I do think he gave a crap and that partly contributed to some poor performances. Will I miss seeing him play. 

I dunno. Will you?

Thing is with Maddison and he will know this is that the team you play for is only really as good as it's worst players.  And we have two thirds of a first eleven that on form over the past year, wouldn't cut it in the championship it's that simple. If you have 7 or 8 first teamers that like clockwork can't pass, can't defend, can't concentrate and do the basics week in and week out, it doesn't matter how good Madders is, he's dragged down by the shit around him.  And that's exactly what's happened. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

One of the things in life and sport ... is that it's not fair.   And that goes for what you are remembered for.

Some average players are remembered for great deeds eg Joe Waters (v QPR 1974), Tony James (v Oxford 1991), Richard Smith (v Palace 1992).    And you don't remember anything else.

Yet other good players are remembered for mistakes.   On the local level, no City fan can ever forget Ian Wilson's own goal v Tottenham 1982.   On the national level Peter Shilton's mistake v Poland 1973, Ray Clemence's howler v Scotland 1976, and obviously everyone remembers Steven Gerrard for his slip v Chelsea. 

It really isn't fair, but I fear Maddison will be remembered for an unfortunate interview he did, a howler of a backpass that cost us v Bournemouth, and a saved penalty that probably cost us a crucial win v Everton  (even though Vardy had a penalty saved in the next match away at Fulham, so there's no guarentee Vardy would've scored v Everton if he had taken it).

That was just a couple of errors from Maddison, He also tried to go for glory many times instead of passing it to players in better positions. he's a luxury player but he's weak minded in my opinion.

20 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

If he had scored his penally against Everton and not assisted Bournemouth to score then we wouldn't have been relegated...

If N’didi didn’t assist Villa, if Ward didn’t drop the ball at Arsenal, if Vardy didn’t miss those chances at Chelsea, if Feas didn’t score two own goals at Liverpool, if Castagne didn’t give a silly penalty away against Everton….

They all made mistakes, over the course of 38 games, and that’s why we’re going down.

• Like 1

Just now, Fox92 said:

If N’didi didn’t assist Villa, if Ward didn’t drop the ball at Arsenal, if Vardy didn’t miss those chances at Chelsea, if Feas didn’t score two own goals at Liverpool, if Castagne didn’t give a silly penalty away against Everton….

They all made mistakes, over the course of 38 games, and that’s why we’re going down.

Exactly and that's why Maddison isn't as good as everyone says he is