Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

1 minute ago, Qwerty said:

Is this true?  Or just a random guess?

I’ve checked - it’s 15% of the profit. I believe we bought him for £26 million, so if we sold him for £35 million, Norwich would get £1.35 million. 

6 minutes ago, Qwerty said:

Is this true?  Or just a random guess?

It's true.

Norwich get 15% of the sell on clause if we sell him for more than we brought him for. So if the fee is more than 25 mil, then Norwich get 15% (Coventry will get 15 % of this).

Edited by beepee1984

2 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Haha is that Derby shirt photoshopped?

From memory he lost a bet. Stupid choice to put it in that selection of pictures to build some sort of narrative that he wasn’t committed. 

Like others have said, there are so many other players that should be questioned before Maddison. We’d have been relegated before Southampton without him.

Some absolute tools on this forum. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, adam95581 said:

From memory he lost a bet. Stupid choice to put it in that selection of pictures to build some sort of narrative that he wasn’t committed. 

Like others have said, there are so many other players that should be questioned before Maddison. We’d have been relegated before Southampton without him.

I agree - but as I’ve said think Bournemouth and Everton in the run in. He cost us points in critical games and that should be called out. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

I agree - but as I’ve said think Bournemouth and Everton in the run in. He cost us points in critical games and that should be called out. 

Should be called out of course, but he's not the main reason we're going down and he gets far too much abuse considering how much he has actually contributed to our goals. 

There are plenty of other twats amongst the club to aim any vitriol towards. Maddison isn't top of my list for it, even if there was the penalty miss and Bournemouth mistake as heartbreaking as they were. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, adam95581 said:

No, the tools are people like you that stand there clapping the bunch of muppets off after relegation and blindly defend players with weak mentalities and poor attitudes. Maddison’s attitude in the changing room, on the training ground and off the pitch has been a major influence on other players and dressing room harmony. He is toxic.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, beepee1984 said:

It's true.

Norwich get 15% of the sell on clause if we sell him for more than we brought him for. So if the fee is more than 25 mil, then Norwich get 15% (Coventry will get 15 % of this).

What I’ve read says 15% of the profits, ie the difference between what we paid for him and what we sold him for. 

1 hour ago, Father Ted said:

No, the tools are people like you that stand there clapping the bunch of muppets off after relegation and blindly defend players with weak mentalities and poor attitudes. Maddison’s attitude in the changing room, on the training ground and off the pitch has been a major influence on other players and dressing room harmony. He is toxic.

What’s he done that’s toxic?

2 hours ago, Hales said:

If he thinks he has had criticism and scrutiny now it will only increase tenfold when he moves to a "bigger club"

It'll be genuinely interesting to see how he handles it, if he can't handle the scrutiny and heat at little old Leicester then wow is he in for a rude awakening.

1 hour ago, Father Ted said:

Feel free to point to an example of me being a happy clapper - I’ll wait.

Like I said, there are people who need to be called out (Rodgers mainly, Tielemans, Soumare at times as well as others) and I have called them out for poor performances throughout the season. I just don’t see how Maddison is victim number one…although the last line of your post suggests you’ve got a some sort of vendetta against him so maybe that explains it. What’s your justification for calling him toxic? 

2 hours ago, Father Ted said:

I went on the stadium tour a few months back , was in the changing room the guide said " heres maddisons peg , I would say he's a nice lad but that would be a complete lie "

15 minutes ago, hoyboy1981 said:

I went on the stadium tour a few months back , was in the changing room the guide said " heres maddisons peg , I would say he's a nice lad but that would be a complete lie "

Oh wow!

1 hour ago, Matt said:

It'll be genuinely interesting to see how he handles it, if he can't handle the scrutiny and heat at little old Leicester then wow is he in for a rude awakening.

I guess there's more big stars at a bigger club, the big names were only really Maddison and Tielemans this season just gone I'd say.

6 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

I guess there's more big stars at a bigger club, the big names were only really Maddison and Tielemans this season just gone I'd say.

Fair point but it seems he has alot to say for himself and can't help have a bite or nibble.

Perhaps being a 'star' here he feels like he needed to.

2 hours ago, adam95581 said:

Feel free to point to an example of me being a happy clapper - I’ll wait.

Like I said, there are people who need to be called out (Rodgers mainly, Tielemans, Soumare at times as well as others) and I have called them out for poor performances throughout the season. I just don’t see how Maddison is victim number one…although the last line of your post suggests you’ve got a some sort of vendetta against him so maybe that explains it. What’s your justification for calling him toxic? 

His involvement in the lockdown house parties, arguing with respected local journalists, being the only player that was vocal in his regular support of Rodgers and thanking him when he left, spending more time on the golf course and snooker halls than on the training ground, not playing after returning from the World Cup as he wasn’t in the correct mental state (Southgate alluded to his shock at him not playing as he said he was in good nick when he left England), then you have the whole past demeanours of wearing Derby County shirts and his embarrassing Cov love in. 

Anything else you need to know?

• Like 1