Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

A shame that Maddison getting called up to international duty was a factor in the club’s failure, when at the time so many of us were pleased for him.

That conversation with Pickford re. penalties was crucial in the miss, while he came back injured so missed a series of matches when he’d been in red hot form. 

1 minute ago, Nick said:

60 million or make him play out his last year.

If we are only going to get 35 his talent in the Championship would promote us and be a greater long-term value than 35 million quid.

We need his wages off the books. No way is madders going to play ball skulking around the championship next season. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nick said:

60 million or make him play out his last year.

If we are only going to get 35 his talent in the Championship would promote us and be a greater long-term value than 35 million quid.

Whilst I agree with the sentiment I don't want a player who can't be arsed playing for us in the Premier League playing for us in the Championship, doesn't bare thinking about what his demeanor and attitude would be like.

Doesn't matter how much skill or talent you have if you're not going to apply yourself.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

Overall had more good moments than bad for us but the missed penalty v Everton is sadly his defining moment.

Your saying one penalty miss is his defining moment for his time at Leicester?!...absolute madness

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kierzz said:

Your saying one penalty miss is his defining moment for his time at Leicester?!...absolute madness

It’s what he’ll largely be remembered for.

Youri has been a far worse player this season, however he’ll be remembered for the FA Cup goal. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Matt said:

Whilst I agree with the sentiment I don't want a player who can't be arsed playing for us in the Premier League playing for us in the Championship, doesn't bare thinking about what his demeanor and attitude would be like.

Doesn't matter how much skill or talent you have if you're not going to apply yourself.

He'd rip the Championship apart in second gear.

1 minute ago, westernpark said:

What’s his alternative defining moment?

Maybe being crucial in getting us to two 5th place finishes with the same squad we got relegated with.

We won't have another player with his talent in a long time probably 

• Like 1

Just now, Kierzz said:

Maybe being crucial in getting us to two 5th place finishes with the same squad we got relegated with.

That’s not a defining moment and during the second 5th place finish he was not as involved. Perhaps in that season, his defining moment could be attending a party during Covid restrictions. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Kierzz said:

I don’t disagree on his talent. He’s up there only below Mahrez in terms of ability for me. 

I’m just saying what he’ll be remembered for in 20 years is that missed penalty, You don’t get a trophy for finishing 5th.

People forget Beckham missed a penalty against Portugal, as he achieved so much more for England. If anything, people think about that freekick. 

Yet you think of Southgate, Pearce, Kermogant etc, firstly thing that goes to mind is “missed penalty”. 

Edited by Sly
  • Like 2

Just now, westernpark said:

That’s not a defining moment and during the second 5th place finish he was not as involved. Perhaps in that season, his defining moment could be attending a party during Covid restrictions. 

Wait until you see the pile of sh*t we will have playing in his place next season

Imagine where we would have ended up without his 10 goals and 9 assists in 30 league games this season....

Just now, Kierzz said:

Wait until you see the pile of sh*t we will have playing in his place next season

Imagine where we would have ended up without his 10 goals and 9 assists in 30 league games this season....

Well I’m sure the players won’t be as technically good as Maddison, because we’ll be in the championship. However, they probably won’t be modelling for a company that caused damage to the city, broke Covid restrictions on the eve of an important game, sarcastically respond to fans in the stand, question journalists who are detailing our shortfalls and generally moan and sulk whilst wearing the shirt.

19 minutes ago, Kierzz said:

I mean, there are his stupid tweets, stupid interview comments, coincidental illnesses whenever there's a pressure match & the fact he only turned up for 30% of the season when we really needed him..

4 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...he thrived when he was last there, so much so that we paid £25m for him!!!

He wasn't a big time charlie back then though.

He had some hunger.

Don’t forget it was only 6 games ago, in the midst of a relegation battle he claimed:

That is not the profile of player you need in a physical battle of the Championship.

Edited by Matt
  • Thanks 1

Say what you want about that penalty miss, but when I look back and think about penalty misses it will still be Yann Kermorgant who will still be the first name I'll remember with hatred.

Maddison deserves to be remembered for the quality he brought the club in the 5 years, his 200+ games, 50+ goals. He actually looked like he cared, if anything trying to do too much at times as he didn't trust his teammates.

He should have been better protected by the club, he was clearly affected negatively by not being picked for England, the media scrutiny... He should have had Physiologists working with him to help him through the negativity and better training on social media to avoid the trolls.