Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

6 hours ago, shailen said:

He's not the reason we're going down. Our midfield 3, keeper and back 4 have been shambolic all season.

I'd blame N'didi, Tielemans, Faes, Amartey, Castange, Thomas, Ward before I even begin to look at Maddison and Barnes. We scored more than enough to stay in this league but defended like amateurs!! 

Absolutely this 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, shailen said:

He's not the reason we're going down. Our midfield 3, keeper and back 4 have been shambolic all season.

I'd blame N'didi, Tielemans, Faes, Amartey, Castange, Thomas, Ward before I even begin to look at Maddison and Barnes. We scored more than enough to stay in this league but defended like amateurs!! 

Some of us raised this huge concern 12/18 months ago. 
I’m afraid it was massively genuine and has led to us being relegated. We’d always score goals but you can’t concede them at the rate we had and achieve any success.
At the time, ‘some of us’ were mullered for daring to raise this. Particularly regarding Schmeichel (who was blamed for so many goals, when it was clear he wasn’t culpable) and Amartey (whose presence in the first team was both lengthy and ridiculous).

Careful what you wish for.
The chickens are home to roost.

I don’t write this with any pleasure whatsoever. It’s sad. But it WAS coming.

Edited by Col city fan
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

His involvement in the lockdown house parties, arguing with respected local journalists, being the only player that was vocal in his regular support of Rodgers and thanking him when he left, spending more time on the golf course and snooker halls than on the training ground, not playing after returning from the World Cup as he wasn’t in the correct mental state (Southgate alluded to his shock at him not playing as he said he was in good nick when he left England), then you have the whole past demeanours of wearing Derby County shirts and his embarrassing Cov love in. 

Anything else you need to know?

I contemplated replying to each of these but there’s no point.

You’re holding the fact that he has a social media presence which shows him to have a life outside of football + the fact he was born in Coventry + he lost a bet and had to wear a Derby shirt against him. Clearly looking for anything to fit your narrative. 

Happy to agree to disagree on this one. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sir Shep said:

How much do you think he will go for, realistically? A guess of cause but can't see it being much more than 25-30 million as clubs know we can't hold out forever as we need to sell to rebuild, unless Top covers it himself. I'm not having £40 M plus, no chance. 

I think a few teams would see 45-50 million as still a good deal for him so if there’s the expected high interest from multiple clubs we should be able to get a decent fee still

Even in our current position, we are fools if we refuse to sell for anything over £40m. Had we stayed up, we’d be looking at £60m. 

I think he’d fit in lovely at Brighton. 

Edited by Bert
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Bert said:

Even in our current position, we are fools if we refuse to sell for anything under £40m. Had we stayed up, we’d be looking at £60m. 

He’d do a lot worse. Some quality players around him. Someone who seems like an excellent coach. Forward thinking chairman and European football. 

I think Madders, like Tielemans, thinks he is destined for more though

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bert said:

Even in our current position, we are fools if we refuse to sell for anything under £40m. Had we stayed up, we’d be looking at £60m. 

I'd tend to agree but he's better than them (In his head).

An example, the likes of him and Youri thought they were better than us when we were in EL/ELC when they were part of a team who bottled CL qualification on the final day, 2 seasons running.

Edited by Matt

Newcastle will go back in for him. I suspect we will hold out for £40 million though, so it could go on for a while if other clubs don't come in for him and Newcastle undoubtedly low ball us. 

In a perfect world, we would sell him and a bunch of others as soon as we can, but no doubt these deals will drag on and we will be unable to shift certain players altogether.  

Patience required unfortunately! 

5 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

He’d do a lot worse. Some quality players around him. Someone who seems like an excellent coach. Forward thinking chairman and European football. 

Well ran club who are on the up. They’ll be losing MacAllister so will need to fill the hole he’s leaving. European football. Nice home on the coast for his growing family. 

Guest Mee-9
15 minutes ago, Buzzell said:

Yeh Madders isn’t staying here pal.

Wasn't suggesting that. I want the bloke to go. 

Was stating that his 'ideal' move for money to Newcastle would probably be off. 

I’ve always said he decorates games rather than dominates them.

He’s the archetypal modern day footballer, praised on stats and his personality rather than the games that he was truly decisive in.

I’d struggle to name games that he grabbed by the scruff of the neck and made the ultimate difference in. If you to start throwing his name in with the likes of Mahrez and Izzet as some people are doing in this thread then that’s the standard unfortunately.

I don’t remember Izzet or Mahrez having a prolonged period of awful form. People tend to forget that, as good as Maddison has been at times over the past 12 or 18 months, he was in honking form for a long time (being benched in the FA Cup final and not showing up in the Europa League).

Good player. Will get a decent move. But enough flaws in his game and character to keep him out of that elite bracket.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

Wasn't suggesting that. I want the bloke to go. 

Was stating that his 'ideal' move for money to Newcastle would probably be off. 

Fair enough. There’s no doubt of him leaving this summer.

20 minutes ago, Bert said:

Even in our current position, we are fools if we refuse to sell for anything over £40m. Had we stayed up, we’d be looking at £60m. 

He’ll get a better opportunity than Brighton and he’ll be way out of their wage structure. One or more of the big 6(7) will come in for him. 

Guest Mee-9
3 minutes ago, Buzzell said:

Fair enough. There’s no doubt of him leaving this summer.

How much would you take for him? 

22 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Tielemans hasn’t got the basic fitness to play at an elite club which is a shambles for both him and our coaches. He would look like a 13 year old Labrador with arthritis in Liverpool or Man City’s midfield. 

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Bert said:

He won’t go Brighton in a million years, nothing against them.. but you can tell in his head, he thinks he’s a starter at Real Madrid.

• Like 1