Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cengiz Signs!

If he could put a few really decent shifts in would be season changing for us, but you have to wonder how up for it he'll be, must know we don't want to sign him, manager clearly doesn't rate him at all and he's only going to (potentially) start games now because literally everyone else available is injured. If I felt that unwanted at my job not sure I'd be all that bothered about giving it my all. Hopefully he smashes it though. 

• Like 1

I would start him against Burnley, and really pray he comes alive. Would be my final roll of the dice with him though as players are coming back and because he can be a liability in defence, he really needs to produce a lot more in attack, to justify playing him. 

Come on Under. You have no better opportunity, than on Wednesday! 

22 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

If he could put a few really decent shifts in would be season changing for us, but you have to wonder how up for it he'll be, must know we don't want to sign him, manager clearly doesn't rate him at all and he's only going to (potentially) start games now because literally everyone else available is injured. If I felt that unwanted at my job not sure I'd be all that bothered about giving it my all. Hopefully he smashes it though. 

Hopefully his response to the manager apparently not rating him will be defiance - wanting to prove Rodgers wrong & to prove that he deserves to be playing more regularly.

I hope he views it as his big opportunity to show what he's really capable of - and that Rodgers encourage that attitude.

If he does put in some good performances in the next few matches, that could be big for his personal reputation and future career, too - whether that is with us or elsewhere.

:fc:

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

Hopefully his response to the manager apparently not rating him will be defiance - wanting to prove Rodgers wrong & to prove that he deserves to be playing more regularly.

I hope he views it as his big opportunity to show what he's really capable of - and that Rodgers encourage that attitude.

If he does put in some good performances in the next few matches, that could be big for his personal reputation and future career, too - whether that is with us or elsewhere.

:fc:

...perhaps that is where the problem lies, trying to prove to people his worth!!!

Always attempting to pull something off, irrespective of how audacious the opportunity appears. Non of this playing himself into the team,  just go full steam ahead and make things happen. 

The amount of times Rodgers turned his back when Ünder lost the ball,  trying to make a pass or attempting to beat a man with a nutmeg or shooting when the situation does not call for it.

I am still baffled as to why Rodgers keeps him on the bench as it is obvious he has no confidence in him and I can only speculate that it is some kind of requirement of the loan.

3 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Perez will be back soon, so hopefully won't have to play Under too much :ph34r:

ahh the same Perez who was the scapegoat 24/7 before he got injured lol... trust me the same guys in this forum that are now crying for Ayoze will be the ones to slag him off for his poor performances ..once again.

If nothing else maybe Under will see this opportunity (if he gets it) as a chance to audition to better clubs next season, since he's clearly not going to be playing for us or Roma.

I'm still not convinced BR will use him, but Under offers upside potential that I think you have to roll the dice on given how decimated and exhausted our attack is.  The only way he has a chance is if gets a run of 2-3 starts (minimum) to really find his rhythm and get some confidence.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

If nothing else maybe Under will see this opportunity (if he gets it) as a chance to audition to better clubs next season, since he's clearly not going to be playing for us or Roma.

I'm still not convinced BR will use him, but Under offers upside potential that I think you have to roll the dice on given how decimated and exhausted our attack is.  The only way he has a chance is if gets a run of 2-3 starts (minimum) to really find his rhythm and get some confidence.

I also think he has to play free of the obvious constraints that may not have irked him but have certainly and obviously imo constrained him, unless there are two Gengis Ünders, the one we have and the one that played for Turkey. I'm not sure that Leigh Griffiths played a lot for Caltic but there are Celtic fans on here who may know off the top of their heads. Mind you Griffiths has had other complications and may not be a valid comparison. Even if this could be arranged there are complications, a football team is a complex thing involving 11 human minds. Each mind being the most complex thing in the universe as far as we know. There are another11 involved trying to achieve almost the opposite.  Don't build your hopes up.

I don't know or know of any other Turks except Cags and Kemel Attaturk, both of which I admire ,little as I know of them.

Edited by Alan Frost

3 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

The EPL is about the best available shop window in world football, and that should be incentive enough.

13 hours ago, Phube said:

You score (assist) 0% of the goals you don’t try!

Maybe if we tried a few more assists in and around the box we might get Vardy some service?

Got to say I agree with this. No one else dares to deliver into the box these days because of our obsession (Rodgers instilled) with keeping the ball even during transition and with players dashing forward (and opposition not properly set up), with most prefer to do a 50 yard backpass back into our own half at the first sense there may not be an absolute clean pass (and when the mind is working to backpass instead of finding that forward pass, you will make that backpass and your teammates will not make that run needed). Not saying Under’s passes have been great of late, but we hardly create more than 5 half chances in the box a game for a long while. We need to be a little less fearful and go for it and at least with Under I know he will try to pass forward. We gave some a long time to iron out their wrinkles, why not give Under a chance and get behind the lad.

He does need to work a bit harder though in terms of tracking back and being in position. He does track back but he can often find himself out of position.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

These next 3 games against dog shit, if he doesn't make an impact then he never will for us. It's your time little Cengo

But not quite as simple as that is it. With Barnes & Madders he would be one of multiple creative attackers. Now the burden is entirely on him. Different picture. Still hope he does well. 

There’s obviously a player in there but he’s not right for BR. Apparently according the Stringer BR was constantly bemoaning him on the touchline whenever he did something. It won’t click for him but I hope I’m proved wrong.

38 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

But not quite as simple as that is it. With Barnes & Madders he would be one of multiple creative attackers. Now the burden is entirely on him. Different picture. Still hope he does well. 

Of course it's not as simple as that but if Barnes and Maddison were fit he wouldn't be starting anyway. If he's ever going to make a name for himself here it'll be by bailing this club out the shit and we're about in that territory. These 3 games are perfect for him, even though its not the most ideal of circumstances.

If there's a footballer in there it was left behind at the airport. Could probably get his positive contributions onto a 20 second you tube video. For whatever reason it clearly hasn't worked out for him here.

Perhaps not just suited to the English game and likes a slower more technical game like you get in Italy. You can just see it if he plays against Burnley. Pointless runs trying to do too much, giving the ball away allowing them to break on us.

Unfortunately we've nobody else. Hope you proves me wrong but I'm not holding my breath.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...perhaps that is where the problem lies, trying to prove to people his worth!!!

Always attempting to pull something off, irrespective of how audacious the opportunity appears. Non of this playing himself into the team,  just go full steam ahead and make things happen. 

The amount of times Rodgers turned his back when Ünder lost the ball,  trying to make a pass or attempting to beat a man with a nutmeg or shooting when the situation does not call for it.

I am still baffled as to why Rodgers keeps him on the bench as it is obvious he has no confidence in him and I can only speculate that it is some kind of requirement of the loan.

True, that can be a danger if a player is (rightly or wrongly) only making occasional appearances  - he focuses too much on doing something to impress individually, rather than contributing to the team.

I often got the impression that applied to Demarai Gray.....though when he did get runs in the team, he was still inconsistent & made poor decisions too often. Maybe Cengiz will be the same, but I hope not.

Thinking about it, though, I wonder how much Under will play and whether he will now get a chance to "play himself into the team" over the coming weeks?

With Fofana coming back, I suppose Brendan will have the alternative option of playing 3 at the back (any 3 of Fofana, Soyuncu, Evans & Amartey or even Fuchs, assuming Evans only has a minor strain) - and playing 2 of Ricardo, Castagne & Albrighton as the wide men? If Under doesn't play much in the coming weeks, I reckon we can assume that it is pretty much the end for him here....come on, Cengiz, this is your moment!

• Like 1

Problem is he is now looking like someone who doesn't feel like the manager rates him. It can go two ways, force him to prove him wrong or he loses more confidence. It's not guaranteed he starts on Wednesday, but he should start the next 3 games and see what happens. 

• Like 1

Thing is...so many of our great players had a lackluster first reason. I mean...look at Mahrez. He didn't do an awful lot for his first 2 seasons. I think these things need time and players need time to adjust and gel. Vardy also didn't play great in his first season either. 

I really think he could become decent and has higher potential than Perez or Nacho. Hopefully this run of games shows what he can do. 

Getting slated but he probably contributed more in an attacking sense than any body else that played in the forward positions.

Chance for Rodgers to put an arm around him here and say, you're going to start the next 3 games show me what you've got. Let's see some of that famous man management Brendan

• Like 3