Just now, Mike Oxlong said:

Harvey is the most direct player we have but looks like we’ll lose his contribution now for the foreseeable future 

Definitely.. but he is gone...what choice now?

Under aint that bad... needs some time and opportunity.... hopefully :)

• Like 3

Well he does attempt things which means they do not always come off, he could of course just lay it back for someone to have a go so he isn't the one to lose the ball and get slagged off as mentioned he did create a couple of chances and the ball he fired across should have had someone running across it. Looks like he will at least get the game time now to show what he can and cant do

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, teblin said:

He shows a couple of flashes of beating people, maybe need a run in the team.

For better or worse, he likely will get a run now.

Time to earn his coins, without always looking over his shoulders.

If he could put a few really decent shifts in would be season changing for us, but you have to wonder how up for it he'll be, must know we don't want to sign him, manager clearly doesn't rate him at all and he's only going to (potentially) start games now because literally everyone else available is injured. If I felt that unwanted at my job not sure I'd be all that bothered about giving it my all. Hopefully he smashes it though. 

• Like 1

I would start him against Burnley, and really pray he comes alive. Would be my final roll of the dice with him though as players are coming back and because he can be a liability in defence, he really needs to produce a lot more in attack, to justify playing him. 

Come on Under. You have no better opportunity, than on Wednesday! 

22 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

If he could put a few really decent shifts in would be season changing for us, but you have to wonder how up for it he'll be, must know we don't want to sign him, manager clearly doesn't rate him at all and he's only going to (potentially) start games now because literally everyone else available is injured. If I felt that unwanted at my job not sure I'd be all that bothered about giving it my all. Hopefully he smashes it though. 

Hopefully his response to the manager apparently not rating him will be defiance - wanting to prove Rodgers wrong & to prove that he deserves to be playing more regularly.

I hope he views it as his big opportunity to show what he's really capable of - and that Rodgers encourage that attitude.

If he does put in some good performances in the next few matches, that could be big for his personal reputation and future career, too - whether that is with us or elsewhere.

:fc:

• Like 3
50 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

Hopefully his response to the manager apparently not rating him will be defiance - wanting to prove Rodgers wrong & to prove that he deserves to be playing more regularly.

I hope he views it as his big opportunity to show what he's really capable of - and that Rodgers encourage that attitude.

If he does put in some good performances in the next few matches, that could be big for his personal reputation and future career, too - whether that is with us or elsewhere.

:fc:

...perhaps that is where the problem lies, trying to prove to people his worth!!!

Always attempting to pull something off, irrespective of how audacious the opportunity appears. Non of this playing himself into the team,  just go full steam ahead and make things happen. 

The amount of times Rodgers turned his back when Ünder lost the ball,  trying to make a pass or attempting to beat a man with a nutmeg or shooting when the situation does not call for it.

I am still baffled as to why Rodgers keeps him on the bench as it is obvious he has no confidence in him and I can only speculate that it is some kind of requirement of the loan.

3 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Perez will be back soon, so hopefully won't have to play Under too much :ph34r:

ahh the same Perez who was the scapegoat 24/7 before he got injured lol... trust me the same guys in this forum that are now crying for Ayoze will be the ones to slag him off for his poor performances ..once again.

If nothing else maybe Under will see this opportunity (if he gets it) as a chance to audition to better clubs next season, since he's clearly not going to be playing for us or Roma.

I'm still not convinced BR will use him, but Under offers upside potential that I think you have to roll the dice on given how decimated and exhausted our attack is.  The only way he has a chance is if gets a run of 2-3 starts (minimum) to really find his rhythm and get some confidence.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

If nothing else maybe Under will see this opportunity (if he gets it) as a chance to audition to better clubs next season, since he's clearly not going to be playing for us or Roma.

I'm still not convinced BR will use him, but Under offers upside potential that I think you have to roll the dice on given how decimated and exhausted our attack is.  The only way he has a chance is if gets a run of 2-3 starts (minimum) to really find his rhythm and get some confidence.

I also think he has to play free of the obvious constraints that may not have irked him but have certainly and obviously imo constrained him, unless there are two Gengis Ünders, the one we have and the one that played for Turkey. I'm not sure that Leigh Griffiths played a lot for Caltic but there are Celtic fans on here who may know off the top of their heads. Mind you Griffiths has had other complications and may not be a valid comparison. Even if this could be arranged there are complications, a football team is a complex thing involving 11 human minds. Each mind being the most complex thing in the universe as far as we know. There are another11 involved trying to achieve almost the opposite.  Don't build your hopes up.

I don't know or know of any other Turks except Cags and Kemel Attaturk, both of which I admire ,little as I know of them.

Edited by Alan Frost

We have no other options. Let’s get behind him. Maybe cags can have a word with him and tell him to play his socks off and show us all what he can do

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

The EPL is about the best available shop window in world football, and that should be incentive enough.

13 hours ago, Phube said:

You score (assist) 0% of the goals you don’t try!

Maybe if we tried a few more assists in and around the box we might get Vardy some service?

Got to say I agree with this. No one else dares to deliver into the box these days because of our obsession (Rodgers instilled) with keeping the ball even during transition and with players dashing forward (and opposition not properly set up), with most prefer to do a 50 yard backpass back into our own half at the first sense there may not be an absolute clean pass (and when the mind is working to backpass instead of finding that forward pass, you will make that backpass and your teammates will not make that run needed). Not saying Under’s passes have been great of late, but we hardly create more than 5 half chances in the box a game for a long while. We need to be a little less fearful and go for it and at least with Under I know he will try to pass forward. We gave some a long time to iron out their wrinkles, why not give Under a chance and get behind the lad.

He does need to work a bit harder though in terms of tracking back and being in position. He does track back but he can often find himself out of position.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 1