Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cengiz Signs!

Hold your horses guys. I didn't put it right. I was talking about Barnsy's form at the beginning wasn't flash. More he played l, he got better.

Apologise for the wording.

I will cease my commenting and as I said before, let the time show us what will happen next

Guest Underfan
1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

Perez had a good game tonight. When he's played deeper he carries the ball well, makes good run, keeps the ball, brings others into play, and works well with Ricardo and Tielemans especially. Under has played about 8 games for us because clearly the management don't rate him, so how you've come to that conclusion is beyond me.

If Management hadnt rated Cengiz he would not be sitting on the bench for sure. And for tonight it is quite safe to assume  that if Fulham had scored earlier goals it would not be albrighton but cengiz substitution.

There must be something wrong considering he hasn’t settled anywhere. You tend to get found out in the premier league a lot quicker than you do in places like Italy and Germany where the overall standard is lower. If I’m brutally honest I’ve not seen enough as of yet, he may have played one or two nice balls, but there’s definitely something about his attitude which seems a little off. I noticed in a game recently I think Kasper bollocked him for trying to nutmeg someone about 20 yards away from his own penalty area, it didn’t come off and it out is in trouble. And Unders reaction was almost “who are you to tell me off” type of thing. 

I don’t think Rodgers fancies him, and one thing you can say about the likes of Albrighton and Perez is they work, Kevin works his bollocks off, and Perez will come back and get stuck in, I don’t think Under will, and to get into a Rodgers side he will have to up that. If he proves that he’s willing to get stuck in he will play. 

He’s a fantastic talent and I’m sure he would become a fantastic player, I want him so badly to do well because he does have genuine quality, but I fear Rodgers has already made his mind up with him and his starts will be few and far between. 

Still not been brought on in a league game that we are winning i don't think? So he has to come in to an environment and basically be a match changer which is not always ideal. I don't get why we are so pragmatic when we are ahead in games, it will cost us a very good player in my opinion.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Still not been brought on in a league game that we are winning i don't think? So he has to come in to an environment and basically be a match changer which is not always ideal. I don't get why we are so pragmatic when we are ahead in games, it will cost us a very good player in my opinion.

Leeds he come on when winning 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

I think a big chunk is the fact we haven't seen much of him, so people are viewing him and his performances with a touch of bias. In reality he has all the attributes, yet has been unable to really bring them to the table. Similar to Gray in a sense. 

That's exactly how I view him. He's shown touches of potential but I've just not seen enough to know whether that's just the tip of the iceberg or whether that's all it is. Albrighton adds so much to the team and I'd like to see him either replicate that (ideally provide better) as well as show those more direct and dangerous attributes (with end results). As long as he's working in training with BR to address this stuff, willing to show he wants to play then great. I have faith that BR understands where he's at in terms of first team readiness.   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Underfan said:

If Management hadnt rated Cengiz he would not be sitting on the bench for sure. And for tonight it is quite safe to assume  that if Fulham had scored earlier goals it would not be albrighton but cengiz substitution.

Like all the other times he's come on when we've needed goals, which hasn't been often. He's on the bench because we have few options. He's 5th choice and by that I mean he plays when there is no other option at all. It's Barnes on the left, Albrighton on the right, then Perez, then Ricardo, then Under. If they rated him, he would played more than he does, they clearly don't.

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Aaaah yes, and provided a great assist. Wonder why he isn't given more chances like this? 

Maddison should have been awarded that assist if we're being honest. Would expect all of our forwards to play the pass Under did.

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

Maddison should have been awarded that assist if we're being honest. Would expect all of our forwards to play the pass Under did.

I think he was actually going to dink it over the keeper and messed up the shot anyway.

Right player. Wrong team/manager for him.

He just loses the ball in the attack far too often.

Watch him the next time he plays. Every time he gets the ball, the attack ends. Whether thats from him winning a corner, foul or throw in or him passing the ball away or taking a shot that just isn't on.

That sort of player doesn't work in a Rodgers team. I say that knowing we have Barnes but we can't afford to carry another.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

Right player. Wrong team/manager for him.

He just loses the ball in the attack far too often.

Watch him the next time he plays. Every time he gets the ball, the attack ends. Whether thats from him winning a corner, foul or throw in or him passing the ball away or taking a shot that just isn't on.

That sort of player doesn't work in a Rodgers team. I say that knowing we have Barnes but we can't afford to carry another.

That's a really good point. Leicester enjoy recycling the ball sometimes to dreary boredom. Under enjoys running forward towards the goal much like Darren Huckerby used to do - and then run out of ideas. Perhaps it's a training/experience thing. When it works it looks great, often it doesn't and ends up forcing the team to rapidly run backwards while out of shape. It's the same issue when Mourinho moans about Dele Alli losing the ball too often.

Just now, AKCJ said:

Maddison took the ball on the half turn to beat one player then played the defence splitting pass that led to the goal.

It's a lot more complicated than that though, maddison cant make the pass if under doesnt make the run, it's smart movement from him, something that albrighton and perez dont/cant do because they dont make the run and if they do they dont have the pace to pull it off. Im assuming tielemans made the goal against arsenal by himself as well.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

It's a lot more complicated than that though, maddison cant make the pass if under doesnt make the run, it's smart movement from him, something that albrighton and perez dont/cant do because they dont make the run and if they do they dont have the pace to pull it off. Im assuming tielemans made the goal against arsenal by himself as well.

Under makes the run because of Maddison's turn.

See my other post re. the Arsenal goal

50 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

If you wanna fawn over an Under assist it's the Arsenal one you wanna look at.

We can compare and contrast with Perez' PL assists this year ...

...Oh yeah... there aren't any despite more than triple the game time which is why we should at least try Cengiz to see if he can do better.

I wonder whether people that prefer more prosaic attributes from their forwards would pick Mahrez for this team?

Edited by murphy
  • Like 2