Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cengiz Signs!

2 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

He really needs to be assessed over a few games. Don’t know whether Albrighton was a bit under the weather today but I thought he struggled to get up and down the pitch in the 1st half which is unlike him. This could give Ünder a chance in midweek. The areas where I feel he probably doesn’t match up to Albrighton is his tracking back and also his decision making with the ball (he seems a bit Demarai if you get me). He’s probably got more individual skill and finishing ability but I’m not convinced he’s got any more pace than Albrighton too.  

The thing that in my opinion MA has over Under is his team ethic. Marc always looks for a pass, head is always up and looking at his options, Under on the other hand is head down run at the player. He does this regardless of the situation and more often than not there is a better option to him, a simple pass. 

I think the reason for him doing this is he feels he has to perform at a extraordinary level to displace Marc and earn the position, but it's becoming his downfall. I hope he can learn to use the team as it looks like there is a decent player in there. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

He really needs to be assessed over a few games. Don’t know whether Albrighton was a bit under the weather today but I thought he struggled to get up and down the pitch in the 1st half which is unlike him. This could give Ünder a chance in midweek. The areas where I feel he probably doesn’t match up to Albrighton is his tracking back and also his decision making with the ball (he seems a bit Demarai if you get me). He’s probably got more individual skill and finishing ability but I’m not convinced he’s got any more pace than Albrighton too.  

Probably?lol

5 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

:plancque:

• Like 2

7 hours ago, browniefox said:

The thing that in my opinion MA has over Under is his team ethic. Marc always looks for a pass, head is always up and looking at his options, Under on the other hand is head down run at the player. He does this regardless of the situation and more often than not there is a better option to him, a simple pass. 

I think the reason for him doing this is he feels he has to perform at a extraordinary level to displace Marc and earn the position, but it's becoming his downfall. I hope he can learn to use the team as it looks like there is a decent player in there. 

Mate, you are comparing 32 years old well seasoned(off) football player who spent %75 of his last 5years on the bench to an electric footy player who start playing in Seria A at the age of 19 and played with the world stars .

It is comparing apples and oranges.

Have you ever noticed that Sharky was literally puffing out of his ass after first 25 minutes?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kiwiturk said:

Mate, you are comparing 32 years old well seasoned(off) football player who spent %75 of his last 5years on the bench to an electric footy player who start playing in Seria A at the age of 19 and played with the world stars .

Have you ever noticed that Sharky was literally puffing out of his ass after first 25 minutes?

I was saying that Under could (and should) be decent. He just needs to realise it's a team game and use the rest of the team. He won't beat these teams on his own, once he starts to utilise his teammates for the one twos you want on the wing rather than trying to take on half of the opposition then he will get some starts. 

You need to take off your Cengiz tinted glasses and see he's being very greedy with the ball, as I said, maybe he feels he has to do this to show his capabilities, but it's just not what Brendan is trying to build. Maybe it should give him some idea as to why a 32 years old well seasoned (off) football player keeps getting picked ahead of him.

Edited by browniefox
Spelling

56 minutes ago, kiwiturk said:

Albrighton hasn’t spent 75% of his last 5 years on the bench. 

under obviously hasn’t shown Brendan enough in training to say he warrants a starting place. Perez was dropped, worked hard on training and Brendan has given him a chance, same with albrighton. 

He hasn’t shown enough in the games he’s played that he should be a first name on the team sheet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kiwiturk said:

And that’s when I gave up .... 

6C5866AC-6327-46E1-8463-1EA895B94758.thumb.png.1a4a95f2582148beb02bec0be0017776.png

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

6C5866AC-6327-46E1-8463-1EA895B94758.thumb.png.1a4a95f2582148beb02bec0be0017776.png

Whilst you're right of course, the terrible goals stats are an argument for Under starting. With Vardy out we need more threat from our attacking players. Perez and Albrighton simply aren't providing it at the moment. They can't start together.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Blue-fox said:

Albrighton hasn’t spent 75% of his last 5 years on the bench. 

under obviously hasn’t shown Brendan enough in training to say he warrants a starting place. Perez was dropped, worked hard on training and Brendan has given him a chance, same with albrighton. 

He hasn’t shown enough in the games he’s played that he should be a first name on the team sheet.

You obviously camped around LCFC training ground to know this detail.

Good on you mate

10 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Whilst you're right of course, the terrible goals stats are an argument for Under starting. With Vardy out we need more threat from our attacking players. Perez and Albrighton simply aren't providing it at the moment. They can't start together.

Albrighton isn’t in there for his goals though is he. I agree about Perez and want to see Under do well. He has shown flashes of quality but also poor Demarai Gray type shot selection 

There’s a case for both Under and Albrighton to start depending on wider team selection and opponent but claiming that Marc’s been benched for 75% of games in the past 5 years is just plain ridiculous 

Wasn’t long ago that fans on here were singing his plaudits, referencing how he had not been first choice with many incoming managers but had fought his way back in 

With Vardy out we certainly need more going forward but with Wilf missing we also need better cover for the defence

To be honest I don't even know myself he will be right fit or not LCFC. He will be servicing the Vardy well in earlier games and he is more self attacking lately who knows that's what he had been told by BR. I know the fact, this is not his style of football.

My whole argument based on judging someone based on limited opportunity he has received from the coach.

If he won't deliver in full 90 minutes, hats off and I will eat my word but I'm confident he will deliver.

P.S: I love and follow Foxes since Muzzy times but it doesn't mean that I approve BR. In my opinion, he is a coach with the limited vision, game management skills or diversity.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Albrighton isn’t in there for his goals though is he. I agree about Perez and want to see Under do well. He has shown flashes of quality but also poor Demarai Gray type shot selection 

There’s a case for both Under and Albrighton to start depending on wider team selection and opponent but claiming that Marc’s been benched for 75% of games in the past 5 years is just plain ridiculous 

Wasn’t long ago that fans on here were singing his plaudits, referencing how he had not been first choice with many incoming managers but had fought his way back in 

With Vardy out we certainly need more going forward but with Wilf missing we also need better cover for the defence

I agree that Albrighton doesn't get picked for his goalscoring ability, and that he hasn't been benched all the time. 

At the end of the day though, he is a winger, and we need to score goals. If we can't rely on goals from our wingers, and we are having issues scoring, it makes sense to look at replacing Albrighton in the starting lineup, at least to see if it can make a difference over three or four games. 

The defensive cover could be returned by going back to three at the back and benching Maddison. For me the most ideal lineup with Wilf and Vardy out would be 

Barnes Iheanacho Under

Castagne Tielemans Mendy Ricardo

Fofana Evans Justin

With Justin and Fofana instructed to progress the ball and support the attack.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kiwiturk said:

You obviously camped around LCFC training ground to know this detail.

Good on you mate

Nope, I didn’t actually. I’m just going on what Brendan has said in the media about Perez and Albrighton. Which to me shows if people put in the hard yards in training and push for a place, he will give them a chance. 

Wether this is the case for Under is not something I can say for certain but I’m just saying based on the evidence that he will get a chance if he trains well. 

Guest Hansifüx
9 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

so, based on the stats he (Albrighton) is a full back, right?  :ph34r:   

Edited by Hansifüx

10 hours ago, kiwiturk said:

This bit is correct. He looked knackered as soon as we got going.