Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cengiz Signs!

31 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Under makes the run because of Maddison's turn.

See my other post re. the Arsenal goal

Yh but you cant have one without the other. Those kinds of runs from under are sorely missed in this side, the only starters who do them well are vardy and maddison imo, also praet is quite good at them. It's a lot harder to pull off than you would think as you have to time it correctly and read the play before the defenders, for example i dont think barnes, who is a very good player, has the capability to make runs like this.

Edit: actually barnes did a good run in behind against west ham for that winner a while back but it's quite rare.

Edited by honeybradger

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

There must be something wrong considering he hasn’t settled anywhere. You tend to get found out in the premier league a lot quicker than you do in places like Italy and Germany where the overall standard is lower. If I’m brutally honest I’ve not seen enough as of yet, he may have played one or two nice balls, but there’s definitely something about his attitude which seems a little off. I noticed in a game recently I think Kasper bollocked him for trying to nutmeg someone about 20 yards away from his own penalty area, it didn’t come off and it out is in trouble. And Unders reaction was almost “who are you to tell me off” type of thing. 

I don’t think Rodgers fancies him, and one thing you can say about the likes of Albrighton and Perez is they work, Kevin works his bollocks off, and Perez will come back and get stuck in, I don’t think Under will, and to get into a Rodgers side he will have to up that. If he proves that he’s willing to get stuck in he will play. 

He’s a fantastic talent and I’m sure he would become a fantastic player, I want him so badly to do well because he does have genuine quality, but I fear Rodgers has already made his mind up with him and his starts will be few and far between. 

.....the method as regarding recruitment is that we also look at temperament and how a prospective recruit will fit!!!

If all is what it seems, we have messed up with this one and the chance of picking him up next season is looking remote at this present time. He looks like the real deal, having watched the YouTube reel and still believe his skillset is what we need to balance with Barnes on the left. If Rodgers is not playing him, then there are issues we are not seeing although his efforts to impress appears to be alienating the team.

With Caglar being a close friend, you would have thought he would have settled down a lot sooner and perhaps the friendship has somehow embolden Cengis, hence is on field manner.

Edited by sacreblueits442

Just wish they'd let him go back to Roma before the transfer window closed or look for another team.

The boy needs playing time ahead of the Euro 2020 and for whatever reason he isn't getting remotely enough on this team. I wished for him to succeed here at Leicester as I really like this club  , but it's looking like the  relationship is gonna end in the summer lol.

Now there is a fundamental disagreement between the two sides in this forum , one side who absolutely thinks Under should be starting ahead of Perez and at least should be subbed on for Albrighton every match / rotate with him  .. and the other side who thinks he hasn't shown anything and is rightfully being a benchwarmer.

I'm gonna be the rational one and say the problem lies somewhere in the middle, though I'm rather on the side of Under deserving a lot more playing time ,  especially when Perez is starting every week with being almost no goal threat and also not being a much more defensively hardworking player. 

So the question is, why is Brendan not giving Under more chances?  Is it really just the argument that Under isn't showing enough in training apparently? Or the rumour that there is a clause in his loan contract that activates after a set number of matches?   Or is Brendan seeing something in Perez that nobody else, not even Ayoze himself sees in him? Is it all of it at once? 

• Like 1

Guest Underfan

Let alone Cengiz Under even if Brendan Rodgers had Bernardo Silva he would play Albrighton against top 6 teams. And Brendan Rodgers would do it rightfully, because Albrighton's offensive pressure yields results and it is the way of football Leicester gains points and respect. 

Though I would like to see Cengiz on the left wing, where he used to in Turkey, Albrighton/Perez on the right and give Barnes his deserved rest. As for critics of Cengiz, hopefully they are very few (including one racist who doesnt need anyother reason than race) this guy  is only 6 months older than young Barnes. 

Lazy or not impressive in training is nonsense. In Basaksehir he was famous for living at the club's premises, not owning a car but bycycle, he excelled his right foot as strong as left by practice. 

10 hours ago, knitro said:

I'll be honest the single player fans are so tiresome that it's almost enough for me to want those types of players who draw them in to go elsewhere even if they are good. They aren't Leicester fans, our success is incidental. They'd root for a Under hattrick in a loss over a 2-0 win where he doesn't leave the bench. I guess my point is their opinions really do mean **** all because it's not a sober analysis its an emotional one. ' I have monitored this boy since 5 years' this is how you wind up on lists mate. Divest yourself from a stranger's success a bit, life will be healthier. 

I saw this kind of stuff for the first time on the club's Instagram after the game last night.

Probably 60% of the posts are from Cengiz Under fans going bonkers over him not starting the game last night. We obviously had the same sort of thing with Algerian supporters when Mahrez and Slimani were at the club. I just don't get it at all.

Seems to be very much a phenomenon of perhaps less successful "footballing" nations who have high-profile players in large European leagues. Or am I wrong? Do English football fans spam Borussia Dortmund's posts when Jadon Sancho doesn't start a game?

7 minutes ago, Underfan said:

Let alone Cengiz Under even if Brendan Rodgers had Bernardo Silva he would play Albrighton against top 6 teams. And Brendan Rodgers would do it rightfully, because Albrighton's offensive pressure yields results and it is the way of football Leicester gains points and respect. 

Though I would like to see Cengiz on the left wing, where he used to in Turkey, Albrighton/Perez on the right and give Barnes his deserved rest. As for critics of Cengiz, hopefully they are very few (including one racist who doesnt need anyother reason than race) this guy  is only 6 months older than young Barnes. 

Lazy or not impressive in training is nonsense. In Basaksehir he was famous for living at the club's premises, not owning a car but bycycle, he excelled his right foot as strong as left by practice. 

Interesting that you think he could play on the left as well. Harvey really does need a rest. His fitness has clearly improved but his form does dip after too many matches in quick successions.

I thought it would've been ideal to bring him on yesterday instead of Albrighton, I know Rodgers wanted to make sure we saw the game out comfortably but I'm sure we could've done that with Under on the pitch. 

He's been decent off the bench, but be nice for him to come on when we're ahead rather than just when we're chasing the game. He'll start v Brighton I'm sure, but there has to be something Rodgers doesn't like or doesn't trust yet. 

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

I thought it would've been ideal to bring him on yesterday instead of Albrighton, I know Rodgers wanted to make sure we saw the game out comfortably but I'm sure we could've done that with Under on the pitch. 

He's been decent off the bench, but be nice for him to come on when we're ahead rather than just when we're chasing the game. He'll start v Brighton I'm sure, but there has to be something Rodgers doesn't like or doesn't trust yet. 

Hasn't Rodgers been quoted as saying something along the lines of "you won't get into the team on skill alone". Probably indicating lack of work rate in training? Or an attitude issue? Although he always seems to put a shift in when he's on the pitch?

He's provided pretty much what I expected him too from watching him in Italy a few times, but I just don't think he's going to cut it here unless Barnes is out for any prolonged period. 

Rodgers seems to favour having an explosive winger/forward on one side and a more conservative one on the other. Barnes has been one of our standout players this season and I can't envisage a Barnes-Vardy-Under frontline, as exciting as it may be. 

It's a shame, as he certainly has the potential. He was 'the next big thing' in Rome before injuries hampered his progress and there's certainly a precedent for a small and stocky forward coming over from Rome and lighting the league up. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Until we look a worse team without him in it I’m really not bothered if he plays or doesn’t. Glad we aren’t forced to buy him in the summer leaves our options open 

Me too. Couldn’t give a fvck if he plays or not. Don’t really rate him at all to be honest

• Like 2

Pérez certainly lead the line for Newcastle on several occasions. I also recall him as an impact sub scoring three minutes into injury time under McClaren away to Spurs. Other than that, I always regarded him as rather anonymous, underwhelming and certainly not a natural CF. Was slightly bemused when we bought him.

His footwork and link play however can on occasions be exceptional and he certainly more predisposed to a traditional number 10 role through the middle. 

4 hours ago, RoboFox said:

I saw this kind of stuff for the first time on the club's Instagram after the game last night.

Probably 60% of the posts are from Cengiz Under fans going bonkers over him not starting the game last night. We obviously had the same sort of thing with Algerian supporters when Mahrez and Slimani were at the club. I just don't get it at all.

Seems to be very much a phenomenon of perhaps less successful "footballing" nations who have high-profile players in large European leagues. Or am I wrong? Do English football fans spam Borussia Dortmund's posts when Jadon Sancho doesn't start a game?

....having been in The European Community there are a great deal of people in this country that has stars who play for their International team, that as you have said, are now in our league!!!

It would be great to cultivate their support for the club but it seems, due to their countries origins the players are elevated to stars and stars should not be embarrassed by a run of the mill team.

I suspect if I was not a long time supporter and there was a prominent Countryman brought to the club I would feel a vested interest in the player and how he progresses in the team. Having diverse supporters at the club would be great, as their is a chance to bring in supporters who would go to our games, as their historically supported club, is no longer accessible to them. It is a potential revenue stream we would do well to try and cultivate.

• Like 1

Guest Underfan
11 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

Until we look a worse team without him in it I’m really not bothered if he plays or doesn’t. Glad we aren’t forced to buy him in the summer leaves our options open 

Give me an alternative player other and  better than Cengiz, and what is your budget ?Has he prooved himself ağainst big clubs likewise Real Madrid, Barcelona, Liverpool, Juventus in his early 20s. Is he older or younger than Cengiz? Just name a few players please.

10 hours ago, David Guiza said:

Rodgers seems to favour having an explosive winger/forward on one side and a more conservative one on the other. Barnes has been one of our standout players this season and I can't envisage a Barnes-Vardy-Under frontline, as exciting as it may be. 

That may well be the case, but it then begs the question of why he was signed.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, deep blue said:

That may well be the case, but it then begs the question of why he was signed.

This is the real question.  It’s probably best for LCFC fans to move on from Under mentally, because he clearly has no future here.  You can argue as to why but it’s pretty obvious he’ll get no opportunities in meaningful matches under the current manager, and likely be returned to Roma after the season.  But why bring in a player whose skills the manager doesn’t place any value in?

15 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

This is the real question.  It’s probably best for LCFC fans to move on from Under mentally, because he clearly has no future here.  You can argue as to why but it’s pretty obvious he’ll get no opportunities in meaningful matches under the current manager, and likely be returned to Roma after the season.  But why bring in a player whose skills the manager doesn’t place any value in?

Squad depth? And we know Brendan loves a challenge. Perhaps it had more to do with Rudders? Who knows, I don’t think we’ll ever find out ... but he certainly doesn’t seem fancied atm. Be interesting to see if he gets game time in the against the Chechs.