Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cengiz Signs!

29 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Fair enough. Perez was poor today, Albrighton not much better, but Under doesn’t do enough out of possession, or enough with the ball. That’s my opinion anyway. He’ll start on Wednesday and I hope he has a stormer!

Actually thought Albrighton was pretty good. He could easily have walked off with 2 assists. 

Perez was terrible again, though. 

Guest Underfan
1 hour ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Rogers just stated Under does not work hard enough defensively to warrant a start. 

Are you serious? is there any link to the news.

5 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Rogers just stated Under does not work hard enough defensively to warrant a start. 

He has at least 11 defensive mindset players under his belt. Let them do the defending. Today we needed a flair, today we needed a goal

1 minute ago, kiwiturk said:

He has at least 11 defensive mindset players under his belt. Let them do the defending. Today we needed a flair, today we needed a goal

I’m not disagreeing with you, I thought he should of got on today, just an insight into why he’s not playing.

Pretty sure he’ll start on Wednesday.

Not sure I'd trust under in front of Ricardo at the moment. Perez is shit but does cover a lot of ground and wins tackles. I'm not sure Under does that, he's more of a flair player and even if you're the flair player you have to do the work. He'll get his chances but he needs to grab them with both hands. If he destroys Brighton on weds night he'll get his chances.

• Like 2

Just now, Guest said:

The minimum expectation of a player is that they work hard for the team. If Rodgers doesn't think he can rely on Under to do that then why on earth would he play him?

Because he will take a pot shot from 20 yards that will go over the bar

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Underfan
1 hour ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Not sure I'd trust under in front of Ricardo at the moment. Perez is shit but does cover a lot of ground and wins tackles. I'm not sure Under does that, he's more of a flair player and even if you're the flair player you have to do the work. He'll get his chances but he needs to grab them with both hands. If he destroys Brighton on weds night he'll get his chances.

i am quiet sure that Leicester does not have the financials to sign Cengiz without selling Ayoze Perez prior.

While Ricardo is still getting back to full match fitness it would make more sense to play Albrighton on the right to provided extra support and cover for Ric when he makes his forward runs. Perez losing possession and getting run past far to easily left Ricardo badly exposed, often 2 against 1. Neither Perez or Under should've started today but with Albrighton starting we may of been in a better position to bring Under on as a late impact sub with the right side secured and Neto out of the game. 

• Like 1

I can understand Rodgers not wanting to start him at the moment; Ricardo isn't fully up to speed and he might not want to risk teams doubling up on him if Cengo isn't as defensively minded as he says. With that being said, I still hope he's given a chance as he could very well provide that extra something we need in attack.

Edited by Keiriel

1 minute ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I truly believe at this point that he could destroy Brighton on wed, assists, hatricks the lot and he still wont start in the prem. Rodgers sees him as cover for cup competitions and that's it. A shame.

Considering both our wingers, Perez & Barnes have been poor for the past 2 games, it's amazing Cengiz hasn't been given any minutes. He's basically our 4th choice winger, and there's no chance we spent +20M on him unless Rodgers change his mind. 

Guest Underfan
1 hour ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I doubt it is anything to do with financial. If we don't sign under in the summer, we'll sign a winger.

1 hour ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Radio Leicester post match interview with Brendan.

Having heart Brendan speaking behind a player on radio, i gave up discussing Cengiz's talents anymore. Cengiz cant speak english and he is a great down to earth man, a silent introvert and obviously seems trapped among mobbers. No coach should be allowed to single out a player especially when he was not even been given chance. Did he ever singled out perez or any other player in his radio interview?

Rodgers: "It was a game where, with all due respect to 'Cengo', he’s offensively good but the other side of it he’s not so accustomed to. We felt it was a game for Marc to do work going forward and the other side too. But it's a new game Wednesday."

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Exactly. While Ricardo is feeling his way back, Cengo isn’t who he needs in front of him.

• Like 2

I think everyone understands why Albrighton would play over Under, and Rodgers' sub was justified today by how Neto was nullified after Marc came on.

Perez's selection is the problem - I don't get it. He's not even good defensively.

Under will probably start on Wednesday and he needs a performance. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Underfan said:

Having heart Brendan speaking behind a player on radio, i gave up discussing Cengiz's talents anymore. Cengiz cant speak english and he is a great down to earth man, a silent introvert and obviously seems trapped among mobbers. No coach should be allowed to single out a player especially when he was not even been given chance. Did he ever singled out perez or any other player in his radio interview?

Are you kidding ?I can’t think of another prem manager ( apart from the supply teacher at Brighton) who would have dealt courteously and patiently with intrusive questioning on team selection . Mourinho? Klopp? Even Parker would go ballistic . NP would have garrotted him with an electric flex 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Underfan said:

Did you actually hear what he said? He was asked why he chose to bring Albrighton on over under and answered that Albrighton offered more defensive stability on the right, which if you watched the game is what was required under the circumstances that we were getting overrun down that side. He did not mention "a lack of work rate" from Under at all. It's very common for managers to be asked about why certain tactical decisions are made in the press conferences.  

Edited by turlo
typo
  • Like 1