Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mozartfox

Daniel Amartey

I found myself pitchside and in the tunnel prior to the Liverpool game in 2016, and I saw Amartey in the tunnel walking around with the biggest smile on his face; he just looked so happy to be at the club. 

I wished him good luck and told him he made the right choice in coming to Leicester. 

Dan, if you’re reading this, you seem like a good guy and I’m so sorry I jinxed you. 

Edited by The_77

10 hours ago, foxpleasure said:

In the three games that he played before the injury he was given Man of the Match in two of the games on Radio Leicester. Bang average to poor is a bit harsh.

He’s extremely average let’s be truly honest. Never seen a more unnatural looking footballer. Bet he’s buzzing when he’s in midfield and Wes boots it above his head to the strikers so he doesn’t have to have a touch of the ball. Absolutely shites himself every time the ball gets played into feet. Off the ball not too bad. Players like Wilf and Tielemans are on another planet to him.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

He’s extremely average let’s be truly honest. Never seen a more unnatural looking footballer. Bet he’s buzzing when he’s in midfield and Wes boots it above his head to the strikers so he doesn’t have to have a touch of the ball. Absolutely shites himself every time the ball gets played into feet. Off the ball not too bad. Players like Wilf and Tielemans are on another planet to him.

👍

On 22/09/2020 at 11:06, foxpleasure said:

In the three games that he played before the injury he was given Man of the Match in two of the games on Radio Leicester. Bang average to poor is a bit harsh.

Yet when we signed him most fans slated him for constant mistakes and poor positioning whether at RB or CMF, for quite a while too. As I remember he only came into the fist team regularly a considerable time after signing.

I for one want more consistency from our players so I'd say good luck to him and move on.

9 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Yet when we signed him most fans slated him for constant mistakes and poor positioning whether at RB or CMF, for quite a while too. As I remember he only came into the fist team regularly a considerable time after signing.

I for one want more consistency from our players so I'd say good luck to him and move on.

That really isn't a good set of reasoning, given our fans have complained about basically every player we've signed at some point. Ricardo was slated in his first year, Chilwell continuously, Kasper all the time, I could go on

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

That really isn't a good set of reasoning, given our fans have complained about basically every player we've signed at some point. Ricardo was slated in his first year, Chilwell continuously, Kasper all the time, I could go on

Maybe. RP and the others you mention had problems adapting to the team style. Amarty however made silly bungling challenges and got taken out of the team not so long after. RP and BC had the passing game but needed to work on positional awenesss. DA struggled on both so I think its easy to overlook the fact that he starting playing effectively only after a year or 2 at the club.

12 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Praet and Justin have only just started playing regularly after a year at the club and if they keep this up they defo won't be poor to bang average players. 

Amartey was just unlucky with an injury and we've moved on. That is all.

I partly agree but Praet was played out of his normal position last uear by BR hence the agro between them both. Amarty never slotted in technically for some time. JJ is what Amartey should been when signed in his position.

11 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

I partly agree but Praet was played out of his normal position last uear by BR hence the agro between them both. Amarty never slotted in technically for some time. JJ is what Amartey should been when signed in his position.

Can I ask when/where Praet was played out of position? As far as I can remember he played as a centre midfielder in either a three or a diamond in every game he played

6 hours ago, Guest said:

Can I ask when/where Praet was played out of position? As far as I can remember he played as a centre midfielder in either a three or a diamond in every game he played

Praet is more effective when he’s allowed to play farther up the pitch, as he has been the last two games.  He said this himself during the off-season.

1 hour ago, Deeg67 said:

Praet is more effective when he’s allowed to play farther up the pitch, as he has been the last two games.  He said this himself during the off-season.

And its been quite evident too