Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC vs Arsenal (EFL Cup 3rd Round) - Match Thread

Solid enough first half that. Madders unlucky. We let them have too much of the ball for a spell midway through the half and had our backs to the wall. but by the end of it we were really stamping our authority. A little disjointed, but to see what is effectively our B-Team dominating possession against a team like Arsenal while actually looking to get forward is enough to make me happy. Some of the passing was really positive, especially in the build-up to the chance that hit the post.

Amartey's challenge was a penalty to me, no question. Yes he was looking for contact, but a clumsy coming-together off the ball. Other than that though he's been alright, and good to see him back in a blue shirt after so long out.

I very much want to progress in this so that some of these fringe players get more game time. KDH, Albrighton and Gray all looking sharp, and Maddison goes without saying.

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 2

Better than I thought it would be too but looked a bit sketchy in the first 20. Expected with the squad who have barely played with each other. KDH is doing alright in the middle. Maddison making things happen. Expect more from Gray and Albrighton. 

I found I couldn't post, as my stream was a bit behind. It's been a while...

That was a bit scary in patches, but quite  encouraging in others.

For what is pretty much our reserve team, and you can tell from some of the passes going astray that they are not 100%, not too bad at all so far.  :scarf:

Gwon Citeh.

3 minutes ago, shen said:

Maddison starting to assert himself. He's so good in tight spaces.

We need to get Gray on the ball more - he's in the mood to impress and he's injecting much needed pace and trickery to our otherwise ponderous build-up play.

What game you watching, Grey doing fcuk all apart standing in empty areas of the pitch, not pressing at all

• Like 2

Just now, StanSP said:

Better than I thought it would be too but looked a bit sketchy in the first 20. Expected with the squad who have barely played with each other. KDH is doing alright in the middle. Maddison making things happen. Expect more from Gray and Albrighton. 

Gray has been Gray-esque -- but Maddison is playing like he fears his starting spot, and KDH and Thomas like they have something to prove. Hamza needs to up his game.

• Like 1

Just now, Manini said:

Can somebody please explain what the **** is going on in here at the minute? lol 

It is clearly half time and we haven’t been utter w@nk with this 2nd string, so no-one is quite sure how to proceed. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Mark said:

Why do we play Albrighton on the right just 🤦‍♂️ every time

To be fair I don’t hate him out there. He works hard, is steady defensively and can occasionally produce some quality end product. He’s not exciting but he’s a reliable option for me.

Just now, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

Gray has been Gray-esque -- but Maddison is playing like he fears his starting spot, and KDH and Thomas like they have something to prove. Hamza needs to up his game.

I find Hamza such a frustrating player... is he low on confidence or is just not a very good player?

I don’t rate him but I want he to show me I’m wrong

• Like 1

Just now, Vacamion said:

You are on a internet football football forum in the middle of a pandemic and a load of sad acts are posting in here instead to talking to their loved ones.  :P

In other words...living the dream 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1