Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Things you have heard without the crowd

A perfect storm has happened this evening for hearing the players against Arsenal in the cup

1. There's been a perfect HD stream (best I think I've ever witnessed) 

2. No option for crowd noise

3. I've found my decent pair of headphones and I've ramped them up to high!

4. They must have left every mic on out there for normal games. 

I have heard loads of stuff:

I think it was Hamza early on telling a defender to "stand in front of him because you have the pace to easily catch him" - looking at the line up, he must have been talking to Thomas. Also interesting how they say this really loud because it they must be driven by stats rather than your hunch at five a side where you'd be embarrassed to say such thing. 

I could hear the coaching staff moaning at Maddison for not doing his bit early on. 

Also Rodgers... . "pick a pass" and I heard him tell off Thomas for not passing it crisply enough although on TV it looked fine.  He also told the ref at 1:45 into stoppage he could blow up if he wanted to with 15 secs still to play.

Edited by Collymore
  • Like 3

Rodgers absolutely loves effort doesn’t he? The only things he was applauding was when a player busts a gut to try and get the ball back. 

I thought he’d be all about the fancy passes etc but he seemed to only get excited when someone closed down effectively. 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

I remeber in the media there was a lot made of when Gareth Southgate described Greenwood & Foden as ‘boys’ after they were sent home from the England camp. 

I could hear Rodgers shouting good boy a lot tonight. 

Ahhh, makes sense why Maddison is always on his arse now. Needs to heal as well.

Not really something I heard, but didn’t know where else to put this.

In the build up to our second goal, did anyone else see Guardiola absolutely lose it when Ake played the long ball and gave away possession - way before we actually scored Pep is throwing his hands in the air and looks like he’s completely lost it. Not sure what he was like when we scored from it.

23 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Not really something I heard, but didn’t know where else to put this.

In the build up to our second goal, did anyone else see Guardiola absolutely lose it when Ake played the long ball and gave away possession - way before we actually scored Pep is throwing his hands in the air and looks like he’s completely lost it. Not sure what he was like when we scored from it.

He's expecting too much from Ake. £41m doesn't get you a ball playing centre half. :ph34r:

• Haha 2