Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Frank Large's Black Book

Will Alves

1 hour ago, SydenhamFox said:

Will Alves is the son of an old friend of mine. He's got amazing skills. He won a national MOTD football skills competition a while back too. I really hope he comes through to the first team. I think he has all the potential to do just that. I'd also be delighted for his dad who is wonderfully supportive dad and top bloke.

I used to work with Phil, nice bloke, rubbish at football though so I don't know where Will gets his skills from :D

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I was told last year there were 2 Portuguese lads in our U16's that were unreal. Not sure If Will Alves is one of them as he's evidently got a Leicester accent but is of Portuguese heritage. Looks very skilfull anyway, Flair prospect.

I think someone said that Marcal-Madivadua has a younger brother who's with us, the other one might well be him.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

I think someone said that Marcal-Madivadua has a younger brother who's with us, the other one might well be him.

Yes that's likely to be them! Be interesting to see how they develop, likewise Kian Pennant who at 16 seems to be way ahead of his age groups. 

55 minutes ago, outfoxed77 said:

I used to work with Phil, nice bloke, rubbish at football though so I don't know where Will gets his skills from :D

Your cruelty made me chuckle! I met Phil down Olympia gym back in the early 90s. He may have been crap at football but he had great genetics and was an impressively muscly teen. Will looks like he's filling out a bit. It's going to be great seeing how he develops over the next few years. Brilliant that he's in the England squad for his age group. 

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I was told last year there were 2 Portuguese lads in our U16's that were unreal. Not sure If Will Alves is one of them as he's evidently got a Leicester accent but is of Portuguese heritage. Looks very skilfull anyway, Flair prospect.

No-one I knew ever called his dad 'Al-ves'. It was also pronounced like it rhymed with Elves. That may have been how sheltered and unworldly we were back then though. I remember when I was at secondary school and being shocked when my Maths teacher told our class we had accents. It was news to me! I thought, being from Brentford, that he had one, but not us, we were 'neutral'. He laughed when I told him that. That's when I found out Leicester wasn't the centre of the world. I was shocked! lol 

Edited by SydenhamFox
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2