Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Luton Town agree to sign Leicester City 22-yr-old - Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

11 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

That’s what was posted. Him and Knight both supposedly to be sold and cash reinvested back into academy. 

As well as he is doing at Luton, that's my take on him too. The academy needs investment and BR is buying another midfielder anyway. He always impressed me in U23's but not quite enough to make it in the PL.

25 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Saw him in the flesh for Luton at Birmingham today.

Very tidy player, looks for the positive pass, comfortable on the ball.

Admittedly the opposition today were anaemic. 

That's really good to hear. Difficult to judge I know but,  bearing in mind how JJ has developed, do you think KDH is capable of the step up given the time here? We can sometimes crave the next exotic signings from abroad and potentially miss the talent under our very noses. Players can develop at different stages of their careers and sometimes I think we can get a little obsessed with age.

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 1

I can’t seriously believe this to be the case. Surely there’s no way we are not bringing him back to at least see how he gets on. We have enough signings to make in the summer, we might as well bring back in for free a player who has been receiving such high recognition in the championship. Plus the guy clearly loves the club - he’s going to give his all playing for us.  

3 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

That's really good to hear. Difficult to judge I know but,  bearing in mind how JJ has developed, do you think KDH is capable of the step up given the time here? We can sometimes crave the next exotic signings from abroad and potentially miss the talent under our very noses. Players can develop at different stages of their careers and sometimes I think we can get a little obsessed with age.

He might have to do what JJ did - spend a season on the fringes to get up to speed and then kick on.

In truth though nobody really knows.

He might excel straight away with quality players around him.

It would be nice for fans to show some patience with him.

As you quite rightly said Volpe, players develop at different ages.

1 minute ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

He might have to do what JJ did - spend a season on the fringes to get up to speed and then kick on.

In truth though nobody really knows.

He might excel straight away with quality players around him.

It would be nice for fans to show some patience with him.

As you quite rightly said Volpe, players develop at different ages.

I think that's spot on and in Rodgers and his team with our facilities I think he'd be afforded every chance. With a little bit of luck, particularly with injuries, there's a good chance we'll need strength in depth for a few competitions next year so he'd get a few chances 🤞

• 1 month later...
On 13/02/2021 at 23:08, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Saw him in the flesh for Luton at Birmingham today.

Very tidy player, looks for the positive pass, comfortable on the ball.

Admittedly the opposition today were anaemic. 

Just interested in what your thoughts are. If he gets a good pre-season under Rodgers, do you see him being able to stay with us next year and eventually progressing sufficiently over the next couple of years? Everything you hear about him seems very positive, it would be nice to think so. Some players need longer than others to mature. Some appear to get written off too quickly now days. 

3 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Just interested in what your thoughts are. If he gets a good pre-season under Rodgers, do you see him being able to stay with us next year and eventually progressing sufficiently over the next couple of years? Everything you hear about him seems very positive, it would be nice to think so. Some players need longer than others to mature. Some appear to get written off too quickly now days. 

He’s already miles ahead of Hamza and there’s currently a gap in the squad for him. I would be incredibly shocked if he wasn’t a shoe in 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

He’s already miles ahead of Hamza and there’s currently a gap in the squad for him. I would be incredibly shocked if he wasn’t a shoe in 

I hope so, he does look to have something about him. They're not clones and some need more time than others. There's a tendency in some to write a players off unless they're superstars at 20.

He’s not defensive so the comparison with Hamza doesn’t fit. Tielemans and Maddison are ahead of him in creative midfield. Praet is the other attacking midfielder. We’ll need European football if we’re going to give our fourth choice attacking midfielder game time.

We don’t need to spend money on a Youri challenger we just need cover and KDH is perfect for this.
Will allow Youri to get the odd natural break, play all the EFL cup games and possibly the FA if (when) we get Europe again and cover any injury/suspensions Youri picks up.

He will get plenty of game time with us and all for zero outlay, needs to stay with the 1st team from next season.

The likes of Tavares and Leshabela will need to go out on loan

9 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

He’s not defensive so the comparison with Hamza doesn’t fit. Tielemans and Maddison are ahead of him in creative midfield. Praet is the other attacking midfielder. We’ll need European football if we’re going to give our fourth choice attacking midfielder game time.

9 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

How do you know he’s miles ahead of Hamza?

Sorry I understand how my comment might be misunderstood. I was more referring to the fact that we have found ourselves having to use Hamza as a back up for number 8. Which quite clearly KDH is going to be an upgrade on. 

With European football there’s plenty of room for him and Praet. Both would be used. We’ve already seen Praet is deployed just about all over the midfield. 

Controversially, In terms of potential, imo he’s youris replacement ready made but I understand that not many will have that belief at this stage. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Actually I forgot about Tav. Making KDH fourth or fifth creative midfielder. But I assume Bren will send Tav out on loan unless he want to manage his development personally.

My worry is how much Prem game time KDH will get. Barnes absolutely tore up the Championship. But it took him at least a season and a bit of playing every match to become the player he is. And Barnes had practically no competition.

2 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Sorry I understand how my comment might be misunderstood. I was more referring to the fact that we have found ourselves having to use Hamza as a back up for number 8. Which quite clearly KDH is going to be an upgrade on. 

With European football there’s plenty of room for him and Praet. Both would be used. We’ve already seen Praet is deployed just about all over the midfield. 

Controversially, In terms of potential, imo he’s youris replacement ready made but I understand that not many will have that belief at this stage. 

Gotcha, completely agree. Watched Luton maybe 4-5 times this season and watched KDH with interest mainly because he’s keeping a young lad I know really well out the team! 

KDH stands out for them against all opposition and in that division he looks very comfortable. Sign of a good player - always looks like he’s got that extra few seconds on the ball. Very comfortable in position and uses his body well. 

Im sure some very reliable ITK’s said in January he’s going to be sold by the club, although I’d like to see him involved. Seems a good young fella  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Gotcha, completely agree. Watched Luton maybe 4-5 times this season and watched KDH with interest mainly because he’s keeping a young lad I know really well out the team! 

KDH stands out for them against all opposition and in that division he looks very comfortable. Sign of a good player - always looks like he’s got that extra few seconds on the ball. Very comfortable in position and uses his body well. 

Im sure some very reliable ITK’s said in January he’s going to be sold by the club, although I’d like to see him involved. Seems a good young fella  

It’s always hard to know but usually the club get it right. I remember being quite shocked we were selling Tom lawrence after a very good loan season but clearly that was the right call. 

30 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Pretty sure it was knight that was being touted to be sold in the summer and not kdh. It seems pretty likely kdh will be part of the first team squad next year

3 minutes ago, RobHawk said:

Pretty sure it was knight that was being touted to be sold in the summer and not kdh. It seems pretty likely kdh will be part of the first team squad next year

I’m not going to say it again because I’m just repeating myself but the two of them were BOTH mentioned. Ffs lol